Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Beacon allows you to be healing both tanks at once (or another raider and 1 tank) - that's one very strong perk for pally tank healing. Also if you have to crank heals into your beacon target, you can do so and get a hefty cost reduction. Infusion of Light procs also make for some extremely strong single target heals.

That isn't to say other classes cant tank heal either, but holly pally has a fairly strong tank/cleave kit and since they aren't as good at raid healing, they often get considered one of the better tank healers.

I see. So the power of the Paladin tank heals is a mixture of being able to sustain spamming the 'fast and expensive' heal for longer (through Beacon mana returns) and also through being able to cast on one tank whilst offer a 40% heal to the other tank as well? That makes sense I guess, and allows me to understand that focusing on the tanks during high damage phases is actually helping my team by allowing them to use their mana on the rest of the raid rather than needing to pump into the tanks so much.

It shouldn't make much of a difference in organized raids. There's going to be fights where everyone is stacked and the mastery will be strong, and there will be fights where people need to be spread out and the mastery will inherently be weaker, as intended.

Deleted
    The way they worded it you won't be able to track positions. Range is a different thing.

You won't be able to see on a radar where people stand with Wrought Chaos on Mythic Archimonde, and you won't be able to assign positions to players on Mythic Kormrok.

But you will likely still be able to have a radar/check for auras, because range tracking is part of the base WoW UI. So instead of a radar showing the position of individuals around you, you could just track the number of players within an X yard circle around your character by checking for spell/item ranges.

Removal of radar isn't an issue. For those that care, you can still get a list of players within x yards. Personally, I hid Bandaid radar.

However, 7.1 addon changes will break calculating how many targets are within LoD cone range. That was the raison d'etre for creating Bandaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fharlion View Post
    The way they worded it you won't be able to track positions. Range is a different thing.

You won't be able to see on a radar where people stand with Wrought Chaos on Mythic Archimonde, and you won't be able to assign positions to players on Mythic Kormrok.

But you will likely still be able to have a radar/check for auras, because range tracking is part of the base WoW UI. So instead of a radar showing the position of individuals around you, you could just track the number of players within an X yard circle around your character by checking for spell/item ranges.
    This is really questionable. If you read the DBM post the same night, Watcher let the bomb drop, he said that dbm /range will be gone from 7.1 and on. It might be that they will kill out a lot of those Things. Honestly if you look into HFC there wasn't alot of fights where /range was really important. I can't remember anything else but Archimonds shadowfel Burst and Gorefiends passive AoE. Everything else gave a Environment warning / way of measuring it (ie Gift of Man'ari gave you a really well visiable Circle and so on). If you remember what happened after the API changes in WotLK they actually gave most AoEs a really noticable effect, graphic like smoke, swirls and such on the ground. For those who don't remember this wasn't common for all AoEs before the addon was Released in WotLK and then fixed but introduced. So I assume abillities will have more/better in world clues / markers.

On the Note for Healers I thought of the Holy pally as well, when watcher talked about those addon changes. I wonder if Vuh'do could actually give you hints about casting ranges or as said before maybe Lists. There is always a way to tell the range, like is the Char bandage-able or the own set of spells. I really wonder how far they gonna cut down on the Range thing. Because if they totally cut out any API options the standart raidframes will be the only ones with ranges if I'm not mistaken? *wondering*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    On the Note for Healers I thought of the Holy pally as well, when watcher talked about those addon changes. I wonder if Vuh'do could actually give you hints about casting ranges or as said before maybe Lists. There is always a way to tell the range, like is the Char bandage-able or the own set of spells. I really wonder how far they gonna cut down on the Range thing. Because if they totally cut out any API options the standart raidframes will be the only ones with ranges if I'm not mistaken? *wondering*
    Vuhdo/elvui won't be able to display a direction arrow anymore. They can still tell if a person is out of range and fade the bar with just the range information. And we should still be able to tell the distance somebody is from us with another API. There are multiple ones and watcher only mentioned the specific 3d position one. We shouldn't have to go back to item/spell/toy range checks. We should still be able to get a specific distance. Unless blizz also decides to nerf that. And then i would start to question their reasoning.