Page 1 of 2
LastLast

QoL changes for Shadow Priests in Legion.

So what do you guys think should be some changes that should be made that would improve the flow of gameplay ( Not damage wise, just flow wise ).

- I think that Void Bolt should refresh dots to pandemic state ( adding the extra seconds from the pandemic mechanic ) because it literally refreshes dots, the weird thing is even if you have the dots on pandemic state before you Void Bolt, it will reset it to the regular timer which is kind of weird.

- Dispersion being a off GCD ability might make it a bit better, not that is has any problems right now. It will just make it so that you can do that last second Dispersion more reliably if you wanna take that extra second to risk. ( Dispersion is fine as it is right now, this will just make it better obviously )

-Allowing AP to slowly speed up as they try to reach their target , especially in world PvP where people can just kite them forever lol.

-This isnt really a QoL change but i saw someone say in another post that Legacy of the Void should make Void-Eruption an instant cast.

These are what come to my mind at the moment, not everyone has to agree with everything, just my opinions

Void Eruption was instant cast I believe at one point in the alpha/beta but I guess that was too OP for PvE...?

Shadow is perfect.

Strange that it was too OP for pve but not pvp

Lets be honest , nothing is perfect really. You can make changes and make everything better step by step. Not saying Shadow is bad, i think its very good atm, just trying to think of things that might make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Shadow is perfect.
    You dont play a shadow priest.

Now back on topic.

Spriest single target will be middle of the pack, perhaps if the player has the right gear, skillset or the fight works well with our playstyle, they would see the top quartile of recount.

The moment you introduce long duration multidot situations, (think Hellfire High Council) our DPS can jump 10-15%

If you have multiple targets that are more like swarms (think Kormrok grasping hands or Mannoroth imps) they're almost not worth hitting, which is a big problem.

There is 4 large issues i have with Spriest.

1. We are essentially forced to pick up Auspicious spirits even though its 0.5-1% of our damage, the insanity generation is far too valuable.
    2. S2M makes the other 2 T100 talents irrelevant except in cases (yet to be seen) where Mindspike is SUPER effective, LoTV is essentially a useless talent as you want to have 80-90 insanity banked before you use it anyway.
    3. We are incredibly dependant on predictable kill times (optimal S2M usage) and benefit INSANELY from a well timed heroism, but how practical is it for 1-2-3 people in a raid group to ask for a specific time to use heroism when other classes want to use it during their DPS cooldowns at fixed times.
    4. Burst AoE/Ramp up time. Ramp up time has always been something a dot class suffers with, it became very noticeable with the meme ring and now in legion we also have insanity Ramp up too? this is a big problem and it wont be so apparent until it is. Burst AoE is lacking severely, Shadow Crash is nice but its cooldown is far too long and its travel time is too slow to be a reliable AoE, It is no secret that spriests suffer in dungeons and now that dungeons are more relevant than ever, this causes issues.

Things i think spriest desperately needs.
    1. Viable AoE choice at T100 (LotV rework/replace)
    2. Removal/Rework of Auspicious spirits
    3. Shorter cooldown and faster flight travel of Shadow Crash.

FLow wise?

Void bolt refreshing on cast rather then on hit would be nice.

We are fine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Things i think spriest desperately needs.
    1. Viable AoE choice at T100 (LotV rework/replace)
    2. Removal/Rework of Auspicious spirits
    3. Shorter cooldown and faster flight travel of Shadow Crash.
    I'd say Mind Spike should be replaced rather than LotV. LotV is good for dungeons, making it easy to have a high uptime on VF. Mind Spike is too situational.

1) Removal of Mind Spike and replacing it with a talent that doesn't actually lower your damage
    2) Adding a shadow-styled blink or voidgate or something similar for mobility
    3) Replacing Surrender to Madness with another viable talent and making it baseline for shadow. (Since that talent is literally useless in arena)
    4) Removing the slow compartment of Mind Flay and making a separate spell for slow (6 sec cooldown, 6 sec duration could work)

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    You dont play a shadow priest.

Now back on topic.

Spriest single target will be middle of the pack
    One talent. "Surrender to Madness." When you get used to boss mechanics, spriests will be the top dps by far. so please.

Deleted
    - Make relevant abilities reduce the cooldown of shadow crash (like serendipity for holy).
    - Make void eruption refresh dots
    - Make a cooldown/talent/buff that causes void bolt to hit in a AoE cone (for less damage) on all targets affected by our dots as a way to refresh them in an AoE situation
    - Put in a way to spread dots on nearby targets or make mind sear deal more damage at the cost of ressources

This should fix a lot of our AoE problems.

Deleted
    I wish developers would take one more iterations on talents, on a couple of tiers there are very unbalanced choices.

Lvl 15. Twisted Fate is so much stronger than other tier 1 talents. I wouldn't mind if it was down to 15%, making other choices more attractive.
    Lvl 75. San'Layn. 2-4 more insanity on Vampiric Touch cast. Making it little bit stronger for DoT spaming in dungeons.
    Lvl 90. Shadow Crash should definitely do more dmg. Its such an epic ability, long travel time and cooldown. More dmg or take it off global cooldown, that bug was amazing
    Lvl 100. Legacy of the void give something in addition to its current effect. For example boost Void Eruption dmg. No suggestions for Mind Spikes, but lvl 100 talent shouldn't decrease your dmg.

Surrender to Madness is cool in theory, but unless you're wiping to a boss with really really low HP percentages it'll never actually get used in progression. Any fuckup or if the fight lasts longer than at most 120 more seconds, you die. This wastes a Brez your raid may not even still have available, and thus, a DPS slot. Since its insanity generation boost was nerfed by 33%, it should stop killing the priest (but by all means keep the 10 min CD).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzamar View Post
    One talent. "Surrender to Madness." When you get used to boss mechanics, spriests will be the top dps by far. so please.
    Good dps does not make a spec perfect. I am switching to spriest from a mage/warrior since bc and I can see why people complain all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Surrender to Madness is cool in theory, but unless you're wiping to a boss with really really low HP percentages it'll never actually get used in progression. Any fuckup or if the fight lasts longer than at most 120 more seconds, you die. This wastes a Brez your raid may not even still have available, and thus, a DPS slot. Since its insanity generation boost was nerfed by 33%, it should stop killing the priest (but by all means keep the 10 min CD).
    Have you played StM?
    Because you cant be ressed after you die.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzamar View Post
    What bother me with StM is that it's a terrible talent for progression and non-farm content. It's barely usable in progression past sacrificing yourself to pass a difficult phase in order to see more of the fight which is probably better down by using a second pot and BL early. It's not so great for content already killed but not on farm as there can be huge variation in how long it takes to kill the boss depending on how many people you lose along the way which again is detrimental.

Yes StM is great for boss you kill in a consistent time which is better than nothing I guess but not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm more optimist than tiptomemer because our DoTs are completely overpowered and there are nearly always fights where it translate into great DPS however for interesting content I don't see StM playing that huge of a role. We will probably top the meters in worldoflogs but if it comes at the price of consistency and you can only top the meter by being detrimental to your raid more often than not I'm doubtful how good that actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    And the 'stupid suggestion of the day' award goes to...

Seriously, StM is the strongest DPS cooldown in the game, hands down, even with its penalty. If you want to remove the death upon finish, it'd have to increase insanity generation by like 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    And the 'stupid suggestion of the day' award goes to...

Seriously, StM is the strongest DPS cooldown in the game, hands down, even with its penalty. If you want to remove the death upon finish, it'd have to increase insanity generation by like 30%.
    Sure, in a Patchwerk style fight you're gonna top the meters and flex your epeen. On bosses with more complex mechanics you're either not gonna use it or use it badly and do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Sure, in a Patchwerk style fight you're gonna top the meters and flex your epeen. On bosses with more complex mechanics you're either not gonna use it or use it badly and do more harm than good.
    So what? Use one of the other talents (that will inevitably get buffed) if you suck. If you remove the death penalty of StM, it becomes broken beyond precedence. Heard of early Wrath Ret Paladin? Literally naked Paladins running around owning people? Your change would be very similar to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    So what? Use one of the other talents (that will inevitably get buffed) if you suck. If you remove the death penalty of StM, it becomes broken beyond precedence. Heard of early Wrath Ret Paladin? Literally naked Paladins running around owning people? Your change would be very similar to that.
    You literally don't have a clue what you're talking about.