Deleted

Will this cooler fit this case?

Yes. Here this case is tested with a 158,7mm high cooler. I would suggest replacing both of them though, both are pretty bad choices.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    the mugen 4 is bad? thats new to me... why is that?
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-22 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    the mugen 4 is bad? thats new to me... why is that?
    Why it's good? It uses 120mm fans.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    wait. you said you would replace both of "those" ? i guess you ar talking about the case and the cooler ? im fucking confused. anyways thanks for the link. I got what i needed

wait. you said you would replace both of "those" ? i guess you ar talking about the case and the cooler ? im fucking confused. anyways thanks for the link. I got what i needed
    Yep, both case and cooler are far from the best pick, even in their price range.

Deleted
    ok case aside.
    Why would you say the mugen 4 is bad? i ahve seen mostly positive feedback. From the data given i con only see that the be quiet (http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...er_980846.html) you suggested in my other thread is pwm and the mugen isnt. All other data is in favor of the mugen (except the price ok..). It has higher air flow and it is quieter. It runs slower, thats why you have 2 fans. Dont see the problem? the only other option i see is the shodw rock2. which again is louder then the mugen.

Dont know if im missing something

(with the casing: basically all cases in my pricerange look like garbage in my personal opinion. I will replce the fans anyways with Shadow wings (planing on 2, ordering 1-2 extra if this isnt enough) so it should be fine. I didnt found any other case i actually could look at for more then 2 minutes that was better and in a similar price range. Thats pretty mutch set in stone)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Why it's good? It uses 120mm fans.
    ....and? 120mm isn't going to somehow limit your overclocking potential on a 6600k especially with a Mugen 4. Hell, you could put it on a 2011 i7 and it'll still stay within 5c of a NH-D14 while also being quieter at max fan speed.

Unless the Mugen is priced awful then I'd have zero problems picking it up because Scythe is a fantastic brand.

You could also check out the NZXT S340 since it's about the same price... I think.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-08-22 at 10:34 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

ok case aside.
    Why would you say the mugen 4 is bad? i ahve seen mostly positive feedback. From the data given i con only see that the be quiet (http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...er_980846.html) you suggested in my other thread is pwm and the mugen isnt. All other data is in favor of the mugen (except the price ok..). It has higher air flow and it is quieter. It runs slower, thats why you have 2 fans. Dont see the problem? the only other option i see is the shodw rock2. which again is louder then the mugen.
    Those two are not comparable. You're comparing within the price range which is 40-50 EUR. In here we have a bunch of Thermalright Macho variations, which are ALL better AND quieter (even the basic 120mm ones), Cryorig H7 (not in Europe though), . You can even get Thermalright True Spirit 140 or Cryorig H5 (not in EU again, unfortunately) in this price range if it can fit your case, which are MILES better. You cannot compare it to the PURE ROCK and 212 EVO levels because it's a lot more expensive and cannot compare it to the decent 140mm coolers in this price range simply because it's a lot less efficient and more loud.

Dont know if im missing something

(with the casing: basically all cases in my pricerange look like garbage in my personal opinion. I will replce the fans anyways with Shadow wings (planing on 2, ordering 1-2 extra if this isnt enough) so it should be fine. I didnt found any other case i actually could look at for more then 2 minutes that was better and in a similar price range. Thats pretty mutch set in stone)
    On the case: in this price range it's not about looks, it's about value and efficiency. This case doesnt have any of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    ....and? 120mm isn't going to somehow limit your overclocking potential on a 6600k especially with a Mugen 4. Hell, you could put it on a 2011 i7 and it'll still stay within 5c of a NH-D14 while also being quieter at max fan speed.

Unless the Mugen is priced awful then I'd have zero problems picking it up because Scythe is a fantastic brand.

You could also check out the NZXT S340 since it's about the same price... I think.
    Im sorry, what? Mugen 4 is at least 20 db louder at max fan speed than NH-D14. Also, 5 degrees is how much Mugen 4 loses to some coolers in it's price range, not D14.

Deleted
    i looked around at some reviews/ratings. its all over the place to behonest. I cant find any consistency. And afaik the be quiet coolers all come with sleeve bearing fans anyways. so no advantage there despite be quiet having a good line of barrel bearing fans. The mugen is at 42euros witch seems ok to me.

well the mugen is supposed (i dont know if this is true ofc) to run at 12.5dB while noctuna is at 19.x and be quiet at 26.8 (according to the manufacturer i guess?)

Thermalright Macho X2 is the compareable version to the mugen4 and honestly i dont see really a difference. dB is 15.0 and airvolmue is verry similar. Its allmost identical. Maybe you could link me some data or something were this pricerange was compared? its like all 40-50 euro. Or what would you say the best pick is for a quiet cpu cool at like 40-50? the macho x2 then?

and with the case: "Value" and "efficency" are hard to measure arent they? so what makes the case (aside form insulation/no insulation)? "hard to work with" aside... its basicall airflow and maybe the front slots/buttons. I get usb2 and 3 mic/headphone in/out on basically all cases. so it comes to airflow (keep in mind that i install custom fans anyways). i get 6 fan slots, 2front, 2bottom, 2top and the back slot with the bit fenix, cable solution is given. so what really is the problem? i have looked at alot of other cases and its allways either, that the front panel doesnt have enough mesh/opening for intake fans so they are hindered or just some "buuhuu there was so little space but i got it in anyways". There are allways enough slots for a reasonable amount of drives as well. im not carrying that thing around or open it every 2 weeks. one isntall - done (hopefully).
    If i cool bottom to top i dont see ANY reason why i should NOT decide by look.
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-22 at 11:14 PM.

i looked around at some reviews/ratings. its all over the place to behonest. I cant find any consistency. And afaik the be quiet coolers all come with sleeve bearing fans anyways. so no advantage there despite be quiet having a good line of barrel bearing fans. The mugen is at 42euros witch seems ok to me.
    There are no decent quiet coolers with 120mm fans period.