Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New Russian Bill Sets Out 10-Year Prison Term for FGM

ussians who practice female genital mutilation (FGM) could face ten years imprisonment under a new bill, the Meduza news website reported Friday.

The bill says that FGM “has no place in a civilized society,” and was presented to parliament by United Russia deputy Maria Maksakova-Igenbergs.

“FGM is mutilation based on sexual discrimination,” said Maksakova-Igenbergs. “Those carrying it out believe that they must do so to protect women from an 'immoral lifestyle.'”

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russ...tilation-55044

Finally russia does something right after a series of fuckups.

Let's hope they do the same for male genital mutilation?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Good, should be illegal everywhere. Now we only need the male counterpart...

Sounds like a good initiative. They should do this everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I agree. It's not as bad when done to males, but it is bad for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Now we only need the male counterpart...
    Interesting. I didn't know I was a victim of mutilation that impairs my sexual ability and pleasure, and it was a the advice of a doctor, to boot!

What a time to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I believe male circumcision is uncommon in Russia.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Even the most insane are capable of having a moment of epiphany...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I believe male circumcision is uncommon in Russia.
    Yep, only people who are part of certain religions circumcise their kids in Russia. Which is minority of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know I was a victim of mutilation that impairs my sexual ability and pleasure, and it was a the advice of a doctor, to boot!

What a time to be alive.
    Male circumsission does reduce sexual pleasure as it dulls the glans.

If the doctor said it was neeeded, that's another topic. In most cases it is completely unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    We really need a Male Circumcision Megathread or something, since every single FGM thread - without fail - ends up being about male circumcision.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

We really need a Male Circumcision Megathread or something, since every single FGM thread - without fail - ends up being about male circumcision.
    I've noticed that, any topic that mentions women in a non-whiny way and inevitably it'll become "well, what about muh-muh-men!?"

7+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with your perception, there is also a valid point to be made here. This law shouldn't only apply to females. It makes no sense that it does.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone already knows FGM is bad.

And besides, maybe if we had a circumcision mega-thread it'd keep certain posters a little more contained so that they wouldn't show up and drop a proverbial turd in every topic that happens to mention a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I've noticed that, any topic that mentions women in a non-whiny way and inevitably it'll become "well, what about muh-muh-men!?"
    Probably a by-product of there being significantly more men on the forums than women.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Probably a by-product of there being significantly more men on the forums than women.
    Yeah, and being a gaming forum it's in large part young, inexperienced and/or socially awkward or maladapted men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    While I agree with your perception, there is also a valid point to be made here. This law shouldn't only apply to females. It makes no sense that it does.
    it makes more than 0 sense actually.

but feel free to continue comparing fgm to male circumcision.

it doesnt make you look like a loon at all.

Are they talking about circumcision?
    I mean I understand the push back against male circumcision, but it does have a decent amount of health benefits and merit for its action. Female circumcision is obviously the much bigger deal as it provides literally nothing. I'm surprised this isn't already a thing in Russia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Are they talking about circumcision?
    I mean I understand the push back against male circumcision, but it does have a decent amount of health benefits and merit for its action. Female circumcision is obviously the much bigger deal as it provides literally nothing. I'm surprised this isn't already a thing in Russia though.
    Oh boy, you gone and done it...angry MRAs incoming in 3...2...1..