Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    its good but situational. If the raid wanted bloodlust on pull then its amazing. The shaman uses bloodlust and you save time warp for yourself. If the raid wants to wait for like the last 20% then the ring isn't very good because if you time warp it will still affect everyone else. Its a really good followup to a shaman's bloodlust. If there is a fight that is like 7min long and the raid wants to bloodlust on the pull then it's very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    to be honest in the one that lets you cast while moving after casting an instant cast spell is WAY better in practice in a raid environment than an extra lust. seeing as how most of your dps loss as a caster is caused by needing to move.
    that will be even more major in mythic dungeons +

Casters are already strugling their on competive lvl and on top of that melee have extra utility and stuns as compensation for being melee in raids.....Where is casters compensation for dungeons? . A bit odd as well since casters cant go tanking and dungeons ahd a much higher tank : dps ratio :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I'm more concerned with the name. If it's a piece of Draenei capital, what is stopping us from picking up a pick and trashing the place for tons of shards, as opposed to hoping it will drop from a mob half a planet away from it?
    Good point. Probably it's the way blizzard want to make exodar relevant, all mages with mining and an pickaxe can simply TP to exodar and chip a piece of it to get free legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, this is busted, not the Assassination Rogue item that lets Vendetta have almost 100% uptime.

GTFO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Because this kind of thing isn't necessarily relevant. Let's say a mage does 300k DPS, and this legendary gives them 292k or whatever it was. That means a mage is doing 592k DPS. Let's say a rogue is doing 350k DPS and their legendary of choice gives them 250k DPS. They're doing 600k DPS.

The legendary items may not all give the exact same DPS number, but they don't have to because classes are different (!) and their items, artifacts, and spells are balanced as such.
    This is a far more valid argument than the drivel from Quetesh. I've considered this, but I've also known that most of the information we have regarding DPS classes at 110 was without the best legendaries equipped. And yet, mages were still shown as strong.

Simply put, there isn't enough data to directly "prove beyond reasonable doubt" that mages will be much stronger than most other dps classes. But only a fool like Quetesh would pretend this ring is on par with, say Elemental Shaman's legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    8m+ is pretty uncommon - maybe last few mythic bosses where you normally don't use TW/BS on pull. Even with best case scenario (sims are for 450s) it is not that strong, but it is your first impression so it must be right. I was pretty exited for that ring when i first saw it, but something like Bindings of the Sun King is much stronger even it doesn't look like it is.
    To be fair when i looked at several other classes i had also this feeling of what this is amazing. Had it with retribution paladin because of all it's utility for example, druids with the afinity talent.

But as you think more about it, it's still an advantage but not as big as you innitially think....it mostly catchest you off gaurd.
    It takes a day or 2 and one or 2 conversations to think more about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Pretending everything is balanced is the illogical assertion.
    Another illogical act is arguing with a strawman. Nobody told you everything is balanced. Your claim is very specific and targetted, you have offered no proof to its validity, and it already failed to prove it's not even the best mage item necessarily or that it can be directly compared to healing items.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-08-22 at 10:44 AM.

New mage meta for mythic +?

Deleted
    If someone "believes" the ring is more powerful than other class' legendaries, that is equally valid as someone "believing" everything is balanced.
    That sounds like definition of faith. But if i believe in something that doesn't make it true.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like definition of faith.
    So tell me, without sidetracking, do you actually believe the dps gain from this legendary ring is equivalent to the top end of most other dps classes? Yes/no.

Deleted
    That sounds like definition of faith.
    That sounds like the textbook case of the strawman argument. Nobody told him everything is balanced. His claim is very specific and that's a different matter. It would be like saying "WoD was imbalanced, therefore believe me when I say Elemental Shaman was the most OP spec in the game".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    That sounds like the textbook case of the strawman argument. Nobody told him everything is balanced. His claim is very specific and that's a different matter. It would be like saying "WoD was imbalanced, therefore Elemental Shaman was the best spec in the game".
    You all seem to believe that there is no balance issue, thus you believe things are balanced. I don't see how I misused the logic, actually.

Deleted
    You all seem to believe that there is no balance issue.
    Nobody told you that anywhere.

Deleted
    So tell me, without sidetracking, do you actually believe the dps gain from this legendary ring is equivalent to the top end of most other dps classes? Yes/no.
    It definitely isn't the strongest one in the game (even Bindings of the sun King is stronger for most fights - insane ~5.7% dps boost! so please start talking about this legendary). I can't provide exact data for other classes but i am sure that 2.7% dps boost is not the strongest legendary. But make me wrong by finally providing at least one small proof from your side, because so far you provided only insults.
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2016-08-22 at 10:56 AM.

Mages are gonna be powerful again? I'm truly shocked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes.

Pull: other mage/shaman/corehound pops Lust
    1st Lust ends (40 sec): you pop TW
    5 min later: you pop TW again

So basically any fight that's 6:20 or longer will have you benefit from 2:00 of pure TW time.
    You did the order wrong.
    Pull: You pop TW (No Temporal Displacement)
    40 sec: Shaman/mage/hunter uses their lust (You get Sated)
    5 min: You pop TW (Still works because of legendary)
    10 min: You pop TW again (Still works because of legendary)
    10:40: Shaman/Mage/Hunter uses their lust (Sated is over by then)

This way you get 3 full lusts in fights that are 5:40 or longer (as opposed to fights of 6:20 or longer like you suggested), 4 full lusts for fights 10:40 or longer and 5 for fights 11:20 or longer. This of course means that you are the only one benefiting from this order because in someone else's case if you pop TW first then their order will begin with someone else using TW just like you said.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2016-08-22 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    You all seem to believe that there is no balance issue, thus you believe things are balanced. I don't see how I misused the logic, actually.
    What you're doing is called moving the goalposts. It goes a little like this
    1. This is the best DPS legendary -> Mages OP nerf nao
    2. In comes the guy with simcraft graphs -> It's not the best even for mages in terms of output(granted, fights change this but given how close it's to the other one it's a moot point) -> But muh other DPS classes
    3. Somehow it got to healers having strong legendaries? I don't even

Right now things can still be easily changed which will happen when legion hits live in terms of numbers of OP classes(not taking legendaries into account). At this point you don't even know if mages are going to be the top DPS spec let alone molest the meters. Legendaries aren't even finished as per the interviews on the main page. You going from "This is the best" -> "This is better in terms of increase compared to other classes" while giving no proof whatsoever doesn't help your cause. If you wanna argue that this is strong you do it like this:

If you're looking at fights where you will have priority targets that need to be bursted down either in quick succession i.e. T1 + BL -> 1m -> T2 + TW -> 1m -> T3 + Pot & CD or bursted down at a bigger spread starting with the beginning of a 6:30 + fight so that you can use TW an extra w times mages will be really good at that asuming they have this legendary. It doesn't line up all that well with fire as combust is a 3m CD but with the 1.5m CD on arcane power it will line up decently well as you'd delay it by <30s.

In other news legendary X is really broken. Elemental shamans are going to be molesting meters now. Prove me wrong because my opinion is as valid as your factual data hurr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Nobody told you that anywhere.
    I can't find it either Maybe he doesn't read what we write and just makes it up so he can keep going with his believes.

When i first saw this ring i almost wet myself but the real data put me back to the ground. It looks really powerful, but unfortunately it isn't
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2016-08-22 at 11:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't find it either Maybe he doesn't read what we write and just makes it up so he can keep going with his believes.
    Apparently it's ok for me to be called a liar, though, multiple times.

Deleted
    Apparently it's ok for me to be called a liar, though, multiple times.
    I never said you are a liar, i said you are incorrect (do you see the difference?) - you just have no data to proof your claim, and when i provided information disproving your assumption you tried to make me look untrustworthy. But it is not working.
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2016-08-22 at 11:14 AM.