Am I doing my blood dk wrong?

I've been a long time blood dk player and I like everything on the new blood dk (excluding the mobility situation) except one thing....

I tried tanking mythic dungeon (mind you that dungeons are mostly aoe tanking..) on full invasion gear (maybe the problem is this...) and often times my health dropped below 50%.

That's fine and all, but having to use heart strike even though both of the blood boil charges were up, just to be able to use death strike felt a bit clunky.

Hell, I could just ignore the blood boil and wish I could've used marrowrend to get the bone shield stack up but if I did that, I would've just flat out died.

I wish that the damage of blood boil gets reduced and transfer that damage to heart strike would make it much more fluid in our rotation.

Is this a problem that only exist for me? Or am I just playing the new blood dk incorrectly?

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but without an armory link or name this thread is sort of useless, since you said nothing about talents. B DK has a lot of mandatory talents, so if you are having major issues, chances are you picked something bad.

Also make sure Vamp Blood is up as much as possible with Red Thirst. That's one of the mandatory talents. My DK's armory is the first link in my sig, check her Blood spec. The only wiggle talent is the 5th row, and Purgatory is best for hard content. Bonestorm is best for dungeons, AoE DPS and running solo.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-08-22 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The one thing I really don't like about the new blood DK's is having Death Strike use runic power instead of runes.

Pretty sure my talents are the generally recommended ones (Heartbreaker, Rapid Decomp, Ossuary, Red Thirst, Tightening Grasp, Foul Bulwark, Purgatory) but I find that there's too many times when I need to heartstrike twice before I can death strike to recover. Even trying to keep Vamp Blood up as much as possible, it's such a short duration with a long cooldown (even with the Red Thirst talent) that there are times when I need it but it's not available.

Am I missing something? What I feel I need would be a cooldown (maybe 1min 30 secs) that would just give you 50 runic power so that you can definitely follow it with a death strike.

Deleted
    Open on the first pack of the dungeon with DRW, so you can get 10 stacks of Bone Shield with 2 Marrowrends and try not letting them fall off ever. One of the biggest losses in mitigation is when your bone shield just times out. Other than that: Marrowrend gives you 16% damage reduction for the next 6 seconds or more, while Deathstrike heals you for 20% of the past 5 seconds, so if the damage isn't spikey, you should always have boneshield up, as Marrowrend gives more or less the same mitigation as HS,HS,DS in just 1 gcd and you still get runic power.

BB is just a filler/desease spreader.. you want to DnD and heart strike more. try and DnD on the free procs and marrowrend at <=5 stacks. you should have plenty of rp to death strike