Deleted

How do rogues work?

I haven't played a rogue since TBC but I'm thinking about leveling one for Legion.

1. How often are you starved for energy? I've tried out a little of Outlaw and Sub and as someone that's coming from a Fury warrior I can't stand waiting for my energy to regen. Outside of adreniline rush and even with energy increasing talents waiting and doing nothing while my energy regens feels so wrong. Is this something I need to get used to or is not an problem when you play correctly? Is it inevitable you end up at 0 energy?

2. This is spec specific I suppose, but how many instances are there where you want to use a finisher before 5 combo points? Do you generally wait for max?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-08-22 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    1. depends on spec

you talk abour actions per minute go for outlaw it has the most apm.

2. you almost never use a finisher with < 4 cp

3. nightblade lasts 16 secounds(with 5 cp) and can be refreshed with ~5(or less) sec left(becouse it benefits from pandemic) not using it is a damage loss.
    ofc if your target dies to faster you should use env.

Deleted
    Hey, I can help you on few things:

1) Actually, it depends wich spec you are playing.

Assa is a really low energy spec regen. The only moment when you will regen like crazy, is during Exsanguinate or when you can use rupture on 3 targets.
    To give you an exemple, on a 300 sec 1 target fight, you will have to wait about 120 sec for your energy to regen. (Took this info from the Aethys Legion rogue simC) So you will actually have to wait 40% of the fight...

On a other hand, sub and outlaw are more fast paced.
    Sub is about spamming shadowstrike during shadow dance, you should be able to use 4 shadowstrike and 1 Eviscerate/Nightblade per shadow dance. And if you have the t18, you can also use vanish, wich mean you will never or almost never use backstab. On a 300 sec fight again, you will have to wait 50 sec for your energy to regen. So around 16% of the fight.

Outlaw depends of what buffs you fished, but this is generally the spec with the less time of wait. Of the 6 buffs you can get, there are 5 buffs that are helping you to decrease your wait time. Only Shark Infested Waters is not helping you. Again, on a 300 sec fight, an outlaw rogue will have to wait 25 sec, so about 8%.

So to answer your issue, if you want the spec with the less wait time, you should try to master Outlaw or Sub. Still, if you feel you are waiting way too much, it means you are doing something wrong.

2) You want to use your finisher with the max combo point you can. Its a lose of dps if you don't.

Feel free to ask anything on mp, or on this thread, i would be glad to help.

Sorry for the english's mistakes btw, its not my native language.
    Last edited by mmocfc1f9c15eb; 2016-08-22 at 08:06 PM.