Allison Road is back in production (The P.T.-like Kickstarter project returns)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/22/125...source=twitter

Allison Road, Lillith Ltd.’s promising, canceled horror project, has been revived, the developer announced on Facebook. The announcement comes just two months after the game was unceremoniously canceled, despite success on Kickstarter and a publishing deal.

MUST READ

allison road
    P.T. was the jumping off point for Allison Road, not the blueprint
    After fans of the game’s social media page noticed new activity — for the first time since the project was killed — the team declared in a post that Allison Road is again in development.

"I took a bit of time off Allison Road, went back to work and had a good look at all the stuff that had been done up to that point," creator Christian Kesler wrote on Facebook. "I started making a few changes to the story, a few scribbles here and there, some layout tests and before I knew it it sort of organically picked up pace. "

How far long the project is now remains unclear, although it seems unlikely that publisher Team17 will continue to work with Lillith Ltd. on the game. A statement given in June by the company indicated that it had dropped the title. We’ll learn more about the state of the game's development in the coming weeks, Kesler wrote, promising to update people excited about Allison Road on social media channels.

For an unreleased crowdfunding project, Allison Road has cultivated quite a fanbase since it was announced last year. It hit its Kickstarter campaign goal in under a month last September after winning acclaim for its 13-minute prototype video. The Kickstarter ended up closing after Lillith Ltd. announced that it had found a partner in Team17.

Often compared to Hideo Kojima’s P.T. demo, Allison Road is a haunted house-set survival horror game for Windows PC. Unlike P.T., however, it sounds like the game could eventually see a full release, as planned.
    Cool
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't these the clowns that went on some twitter SJW rant about CD Projekt Red and the Witcher 3 being sexist?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Aren't these the clowns that went on some twitter SJW rant about CD Projekt Red and the Witcher 3 being sexist?
    Which, here I go again, they clearly are Not that I mind, but especially games 1 and 2 are extremely sexist.

Why does it matter any if they did or didn't. This isn't a thread about that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why does it matter any if they did or didn't. This isn't a thread about that.
    It is a game made by those people... That is entirely what this thread is about.

I think you're confusing them for The Chinese Room.

I want this thing to happen just so there's an excuse for all this hype. So far it's a lot of clamoring over a 13 minute video of nothing that ends on a jump scare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    I think you're confusing them for The Chinese Room.
    It seems so, thanks friend. Don't know why my mind immediately jumped to that stuff when I heard Allison Road.

I apologize.

It seems so, thanks friend. Don't know why my mind immediately jumped to that stuff when I heard Allison Road.

I apologize.
    No problem. Maybe because Allison is one letter off of the first name of a particular former Nintendo employee, with Road potentially reminding you of her last name as well. :P

Enough derailing though. I'm glad to see the project back in production, and I wish the best for the developer.

I really hope they plan on going back to the drawing table now that they have a second chance at making their game happen. What we saw a year ago was a cliché copy of style from many, better ideas, and one without any new ideas (or scares) to bring to the table. Hopefully they improve and make it something memorable.

It will need to have some new and interesting stuff to be sure (that or it just needs to be actually creepy and frightening and not just jump scares galore). With quite a few horror games going for the PT approach (including Resident Evil 7), it needs something to make it unique.