Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Monk roll/chi torpedo and serpent kick bug

Hello guys, wanted to ask you if there is any information about them actually fixing this bug since it has been like two weeks of me getting blocked by some invisible wall when using these abilities Thanks for your responses !

I just did a WSG on my WW and only like 10% of my rolls and sck actually went through, it's fucking stupid that they still haven't fixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentor View Post
    Hello guys, wanted to ask you if there is any information about them actually fixing this bug since it has been like two weeks of me getting blocked by some invisible wall when using these abilities Thanks for your responses !
    I've found that holding right-click and and angling the camera up (like I'm trying to swim or fly upwards) to about a 45 degree angle helps me not get stuck quite as much.
    It is supremely annoying though.

Deleted
    It can be pretty destructive, I can imagine monk rolling out of Seething Corruption on Archimonde (fk up pattern mainly) and just getting completely owned because of this, hoping that they will fix it until Legion is live.

all i know so far about it: 2 weeks ago they made this tweet, the next day they push a hotfix that says in the notes "Fixed a bug that caused movements such as Roll or Fel Rush to sometimes stop before reaching their intended distance."

the hotfix clearly didn't fix the bug and i don't think anything else has been said about it since then

I've been leveling a monk through invasions and this has resulted in quite a few deaths for me. It's really souring my opinion of the class and I was hoping I would like it since I've put off leveling one up all this time.
    Signature not found

just found out there was a follow up post today as well:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=16#post-314

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    just found out there was a follow up post today as well:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=16#post-314
    At this point, answers like this just make me angry. Beta is out for months, they know about this bug for months and still didn't manage to fix it?
    Yeah, sure.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theyd said a few weeks ago that it was proving very difficult to fix. At this point I'm even mor inclined to believe that it's an elusive issue. I'm sure it hasn't been something just passed by, but has been actively worked on for the past while. Not saying they have the whole team working on it, but they know how big this bug is for people so I don't doubt they're actively working on it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    At this point, answers like this just make me angry. Beta is out for months, they know about this bug for months and still didn't manage to fix it?
    Yeah, sure.
    The game has been out for 12 years and theres always bugs they have to fix. How are you not accustomed to this by now? Guess what, game development is hard, and figuring out how to fix bugs have always been an issue in any game.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    The game has been out for 12 years and theres always bugs they have to fix. How are you not accustomed to this by now? Guess what, game development is hard, and figuring out how to fix bugs have always been an issue in any game.
    and with every squashed bug there is an opportunity for that fix to cause other bugs in a totally different part of the program. This is why software devs always seem half insane, fix one thing and another thing breaks... that should be completely unrelated!

The people in that bug thread are being unreasonable idiots. I get their frustration, but the entitlement being shown is moronic.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Have they announced some kind of fix in the last few days ? Because for me the problem seems kinda fixed, I would say that last 30 rolls or serpent kicks were fine

Have they announced some kind of fix in the last few days ? Because for me the problem seems kinda fixed, I would say that last 30 rolls or serpent kicks were fine
    Still happens but very rarely. Haven't done any BG's where most people tend to be having problems though

Deleted
    Lucky you, my mate WW died once (and almost twice) due to the bug and i almost dropped all the fire in the middle of my raid on archimonde due to the bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappadappa View Post
    Still happens but very rarely. Haven't done any BG's where most people tend to be having problems though
    still happens, but not that often - seems they are in the right way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    Yeah, sure.
    You have a great amount of knowledge about fixing bugs, I assume. I shalt think I need not remind you of previous bugs that lasted years before they were fixed.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You have a great amount of knowledge about fixing bugs, I assume. I shalt think I need not remind you of previous bugs that lasted years before they were fixed.
    It's no use pointing out the obvious to people who have no idea of software development.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

It's probably the most annoying bug imaginable to PvP as WW, I hope they manage to fix it before Legion Season 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's an expression of my frustration, okay? I know bug fixing is difficult but since the blue answer came only recently (unknown to me when I wrote that) it just appeared to be ignored by them.

And I never experienced something more buggy than this prepatch (maybe Vanilla). I honestly would like to know how they managed to fuck up so big.