Thread: Can WA do this?

Can WA do this?

Greetings,

With the coming to the Legion I have been planning to change the way my WA setup looks like. What I have in mind currently is to make a unit frame for my character using WA. What I would like to know is: Is it possible to make a bar (That would technically show my health) that can respond the same way as if I was right clicking on my character portrait? Shorter question: Can I make a bar interactive?

If it is possible, can someone send me in the right way? I must mention that I consider myself as a beginner in WA but I am willing to learn lua should it be the only way (I am a programmer after all).

I sort of feel bored from the default ElvUI unit frame, that's why I wanted to try and make something new, it does not have to be better but rather interesting and cool.

Edit: Changed "Nameplate" into the what I initially wanted to type - "Unit Frame".
    Last edited by Meteox; 2016-08-23 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    first of all you cant right click a Nameplade, so i assume you are talking about the unit frame.

there is a youtube video covering what you need to know (youtube.com/watch?v=X8ICsKaxtYY).

if you want the right click menue look at the blizzard implementation (in your interface/addons).

if you dont want to put yourself through all that work you can use any Unit frame addon and set the alpha to 0 or use OUF.

good luck.

Technically you can, but that does not mean you should.
    WeakAuras is best used when informational, rather than interactive.
    There are addons better catering to Unitframes more specifically.
    Shadowed Unit Frames, stUF, more custom stuff with oUF, etc.

I understand that ElvUI has a lot of options, so perhaps you might not need a replacement if you can figure out what your issues is with the default layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by venomhunter View Post
    first of all you cant right click a Nameplade, so i assume you are talking about the unit frame.

there is a youtube video covering what you need to know (youtube.com/watch?v=X8ICsKaxtYY).

if you want the right click menue look at the blizzard implementation (in your interface/addons).

if you dont want to put yourself through all that work you can use any Unit frame addon and set the alpha to 0 or use OUF.

good luck.
    Yes, I actually meant to type "Unit Frame" instead of "Nameplate". I shall look into this video once I get back home (At work right now).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Technically you can, but that does not mean you should.
    WeakAuras is best used when informational, rather than interactive.
    There are addons better catering to Unitframes more specifically.
    Shadowed Unit Frames, stUF, more custom stuff with oUF, etc.

I understand that ElvUI has a lot of options, so perhaps you might not need a replacement if you can figure out what your issues is with the default layout.
    The thing is, I find started to find it looking kinda dull (The unit frame, not ElvUI itself because I love the addon). Maybe I'm just trying to find a reason to try learning new things in WA and subconsciously I thought of making a unit frame. Can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteox View Post
    The thing is, I find started to find it looking kinda dull (The unit frame, not ElvUI itself because I love the addon). Maybe I'm just trying to find a reason to try learning new things in WA and subconsciously I thought of making a unit frame. Can't tell.
    I actually asked a little while back about oUF, for suggestions on which might be good to learn from.
    Perhaps this could be relevant for you as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arn-the-basics
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.