Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Its in all of our hearts. :3
    Aren't you like....some kinda Welsh? You're doing a shit job at it if you have any affection for the British Empire lol :P.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Aren't you like....some kinda Welsh? You're doing a shit job at it if you have any affection for the British Empire lol :P.
    Just this once, we can make an exception. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was distasteful and a wee bit unnecessary but that's about it. I'm not raging over it. Besides US already has a clown, his name is Trump.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Just this once, we can make an exception. :3
    Well since it's just this once like I won't tell but anymore of this bollocks and I'll have to have the Welsh Assembly who no doubt will revoke you're Welsh status. Sorry......well you wouldn't be if I actually did it since you wouldn't be Welsh anymore, have all the associated problems of being Welsh (such as being Welsh) and you'd probably be sending me your eternal gratitude but whatever. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I'm surprised that anyone British still has affection for the British Empire. Slavery and the extermination of natives are still a national shame of the highest order in America, and that was but a drop in the bucket compared to the scope of the crimes against humanity that the British committed during the imperial era. Don't have to self flagellate yourselves over it, but bragging about it like this MP did is in really poor taste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    GB should gtfo already. fucking pussies.
    is that all you can do bash a country for no reason, thanks for your input /sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    She should put down the Harry Turtledove. The Empress of America, of India and Australia, Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, defender of faith, and protector of the realm, does not reign from her palace in Philadelphia.
    I like Harry Turtledove.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sure the USA would obliterate the Olympics if every state had a team. lol
    well they won gold in shooting, lol no suprise there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I like Harry Turtledove.
    i used to wax my car with turtledove

Celebrating second place.

How sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    well they won gold in shooting, lol no suprise there
    I didn't think anyone else would even have a shot.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I see it as more of a "lolwut" to the EU claim of winning the Olympics the other day by combining all of their member states.
    That's how I took it as well. This comes after that shitty graphic claiming all EU members medals and putting them under the flag of the EU.

It's a cheeky response in kind, if you ask me.

...was she counting countries that haven't been in the "empire" for a long time? Cause the United States kicked everyone's ass in both Gold Medal winnings and total Medal winnings. Actually, we topped the Silver and Bronze winnings too. I mean, we got almost double the number of medals that the UK did. If anyone should be preening and bragging about medal winnings, it'd be the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    is that all you can do bash a country for no reason, thanks for your input /sarcasm off
    A furry who thinks that GB is a country.

/thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I'm sure all those countries that fought desperately to escape British Imperialism will love this.
    None of people who had anything to do with this are alive anymore.
    Therefore it's stupid to feel offended by something that never affected them.
    It's just a dumb as BLM relating to cotton pickers.

Considering the queen is still the queen and ceremonial head of state in many commonwealth countries, that doesn't seem like it's in bad taste.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-08-24 at 07:00 AM.

Self-righteous moralists leaping at the chance to get offended by something, nothing new here. Just happens to have the magic combination of a Tory MP talking about "the Empire", which is bound to trigger some sensitive little sweethearts somewhere.

Entertaining little distraction from the slow-motion suicide of the Labour Party though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Not really offended. More like annoyed, especially considering the fact that we fought and beat the UK twice explicitly so that we would NOT be counted in its empire. And also because we easily put the UK and everyone else to shame when it comes to the number of medals we won, and you don't see us trying to rub it in everyone else's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    This is demonstrably false, given that Britain still held colonies all the way up to 1997.

Deleted
    What British empire? All that's left is their own Island, and if the Scottish vote out only a small patch of land.

I dont think they had this little land under their control since medieval times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    This is demonstrably false, given that Britain still held colonies all the way up to 1997.
    Fair enough.

But is it really those recently liberated countries that are offended? Or are they some white middle class twitter dwellers who dont have anything to do with their lives besides being offended on someone's behalf in order to feel like they're having a struggle in their life that builds their non-existant character? Call it moving goal posts if you will but my general point is that I cant believe a worthwhile person is being bent out of shape of a single word. I also have a hard time believing that those who are supposedly hurt or offended by Heather's words are actually hurt when they fight on twitter with such vigor... over a single word.

Maybe It's me being old fashioned but I was raised to uphold principle of proportionality. Someone say mean thing to you? Say something mean back.