A Guide to using TMW - Basic and Advanced Profiles

This is the first part of three that will detail how to make groups and also give a basic overview of the addon menus and settings. Using this you should be able to create your own profiles to track Spell Cooldowns, Buffs, Debuffs etc.

The next part will cover how to make a basic rotation that uses Conditions so you can make rotational profiles or just groups that interact with one another.

I'll post each part into this thread and feel free to ask for any general help with the addon itself.

If you want to download my DPS profiles, you can find other threads I've posted on the Class Forums here on MMO champion that cover every DPS spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Part 2 covers the basics of building a Rotation using Conditions and also using Notifications to highlight icons. Following this guide will allow you to create basic rotations using simple rules and help you understand "Why" you use spells when you do and in what order.

Part 3 covers Group Management for multiple specs and also details how to import and export profiles to share and use.
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-08-25 at 02:43 PM.

Coming along very nicely.
    We need good examples just like this to show there are alternatives to "Weakauras for everything".
    A lot of very capable addons tend to get overlooked too readily.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

These videos are fantastic. Thanks Chesder! I never knew how to create an anchor or "rotation button". This will make my layouts so much better.

Quick question. I've always wanted to create seperate single target and AoE target rotation in TMW. I've been looking for something within TMW which would allow me to delineate between attacking a single mob and multiple mobs but haven't found anything. Does such a thing exist?

Quote Originally Posted by maccaruso View Post
    These videos are fantastic. Thanks Chesder! I never knew how to create an anchor or "rotation button". This will make my layouts so much better.

Quick question. I've always wanted to create seperate single target and AoE target rotation in TMW. I've been looking for something within TMW which would allow me to delineate between attacking a single mob and multiple mobs but haven't found anything. Does such a thing exist?
    For single target it's just a matter of creating a priority list which I detail in Part 2.

As for multi, the only way to do it is to track cleave related buffs or create icons that track Combat Events, and specifically when a spell (or spells) hit multiple targets.

It's not easy since TMW and other addons can't track enemy positions and creating profiles for AoE needs that kind of functionality.

Yeah your "one button" rotational guide is fantastic. I put it to good use already.

I was afraid the AoE rotation would run into those issues. Great suggestion on the combat events. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maccaruso View Post
    Yeah your "one button" rotational guide is fantastic. I put it to good use already.

I was afraid the AoE rotation would run into those issues. Great suggestion on the combat events. Thanks.
    As always I advise checking out guides you find online or ask friends or people who raid in the higher level for advice! That's the best way to improve as a player.

For those who've been asking. To create Combo Points or Chi. Simply create a group like I did for holy power, and instead of HP choose your resource. It will function the same way

Your videos inspired me to try TMW again. Thanks.

When creating Condition Icons my biggest challenge is figuring out where to find procs when creating conditions. For example, DK Crimson Scourge. Spell Cooldown seems like the most obvious choice but that isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    Your videos inspired me to try TMW again. Thanks.

When creating Condition Icons my biggest challenge is figuring out where to find procs when creating conditions. For example, DK Crimson Scourge. Spell Cooldown seems like the most obvious choice but that isn't working
    If you're tracking procs some of them use Buffs to show when you have one. Do some testing and see what the proc looks like, other ones are more difficult to track since it just resets cooldowns and the best thing you can do is a basic cooldown tracker.

When you do a search on Wowhead for Crimson Scourge you get 81136 which is not the buff. The buff is 81141 but doesn't come up in a search even though there is a listing for it.

I found an addon called idTip that adds the spell id when you hover over buffs and spells.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    When you do a search on Wowhead for Crimson Scourge you get 81136 which is not the buff. The buff is 81141 but doesn't come up in a search even though there is a listing for it.

I found an addon called idTip that adds the spell id when you hover over buffs and spells.
    You can also just use the name of the spell or buff and it will track all sources with that name and not just the one ID.

Deleted
    this is a GREAT guide man, thanks! everything was very well explained. definitely not the usual internet guide style
    looking forward to your TMW rogue priority /rotation update for legion.
    because even though this guide is awesome id rather wait for you to do the work
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2016-09-03 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry for stupid question and poor english, how can i move ALL ICON CONSTRUCTION, all groups simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by olegmiros View Post
    Sorry for stupid question and poor english, how can i move ALL ICON CONSTRUCTION, all groups simultaneously?
    If you anchor the groups to one group such as the "Group Anchor" icon we created, moving that anchor will move all others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    If you anchor the groups to one group such as the "Group Anchor" icon we created, moving that anchor will move all others.
    Thank you! One more question about your TMW Profile for classes. How do I make the main icon becomes red when out of range?

Quote Originally Posted by olegmiros View Post
    Thank you! One more question about your TMW Profile for classes. How do I make the main icon becomes red when out of range?
    Make a notification using conditions and set the condition to be a range check. The color flash animation will cause it to flash red