Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I can understand people not liking certain parts of the specs design, but judging a specs performance based on early sims is a nit extreme. Do keep in mind that Blizzard now has the tools to apply hotfixes without requiring balance patches so this expansion I have high hopes regarding dps balance. Could be wrong...

However, to answer the OP. If you are talking about risks, then no. Elemental is not worth the risk. If you want to take no chances, no risk and go for a sure thing, then go Mage. Mage is the single most consistent caster in the game while Elemental has always been a niche caster.
    Last edited by Pantsless; 2016-08-28 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Psst what do they know
    Isn't your whole shtick that it doesn't matter at the top level for shamans in a casual guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Isn't your whole shtick that it doesn't matter at the top level for shamans in a casual guild?
    His statement does not contradict that

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsless View Post
    His statement does not contradict that
    It does contradict his stance but I do not expect much in the way of logical consistencies from someone who's idea of fine is for a player to intentionally gimp their raid.

You want me to put two sentences one next to the other so you can see better? Fine, lets do that

1. The performance of a spec at top tier raiding should be of no relevance for casual players
    2. Top tier raiders think that Elemental is fine for raiding.

I see no contradictions ...

How is Elementals aoe bad?
    Elemental can pool up maelstrom very quickly to do earthquakes, and earthquakes are great in Mythic + aswell.

Boomkin for example takes longer time to build up for a Starfall.

Or am I missing something here? My Elemental is currently not doing shit aoe on live

Artifact + a Chain Lightning overload is pretty sick when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Elemental can pool up maelstrom very quickly to do earthquakes, and earthquakes are great in Mythic + aswell.

Or am I missing something here? My Elemental is currently not doing shit aoe on live

I would not call earthquake great. You might be able to interrupt a caster pack here and there but the spell still costs a lot and does mediocre damage.
    Also, mythic+ is not as hard as people make it out to be. If you go above 10 I guess but that gives you no rewards so why bother?

If you want a challenge then mythic raids is where it's at and elemental is not really usefull in raids compared to other ranged specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I would not call earthquake great. You might be able to interrupt a caster pack here and there but the spell still costs a lot and does mediocre damage.
    Also, mythic+ is not as hard as people make it out to be. If you go above 10 I guess but that gives you no rewards so why bother?

If you want a challenge then mythic raids is where it's at and elemental is not really usefull in raids compared to other ranged specs.
    Agree with the latter part, a bit over-the-top when it comes to EQ though. On AoE you can ramp EQ up far faster than ES on single target, and the Knockback is just that, a Knockback, it works on all mobs. Hence why it's pretty invaluable on high Mythic+ difficulties where tanks eat massive hits.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Agree with the latter part, a bit over-the-top when it comes to EQ though. On AoE you can ramp EQ up far faster than ES on single target, and the Knockback is just that, a Knockback, it works on all mobs. Hence why it's pretty invaluable on high Mythic+ difficulties where tanks eat massive hits.
    I would not call it "invaluable" but I guess I can see where it's useful. Other classes can bring enough CC and much better damage though and as I said, doing up to mythic+ 10 is very doable without an elemental shaman.

Not saying you can't use them but elemental really needs some QoL changes despite being better than they were back in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I would not call it "invaluable" but I guess I can see where it's useful. Other classes can bring enough CC and much better damage though and as I said, doing up to mythic+ 10 is very doable without an elemental shaman.

Not saying you can't use them but elemental really needs some QoL changes despite being better than they were back in WoD.
    Agree, same goes for most hybrid specs like Balance, Ret etc. None of them offer anything particularly appealing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep reading this about eles: hybrids that don't bring anything appealing.
    Hybrid is the class right? So every class except Rogues, Mages, Locks and Hunters. In particular Shaman.
    But... is anyone justifying Enhancement short comings this way (meh hybrid)?
    I think not.
    Ele has always been in this position, IMO: looks cool, the idea could work. But the implementation was always missing it's mark. It was never considered seriously for PvE and even less so for PvP.
    I doubt this will change with Legion, there are still things in the spec that IMO are not synergyzing enough, or are strange choices.
    Still. It will be my first class to focus on. Should it fail to prove me wrong (that it's not another failed attempt by blizz) I will quit the shaman for good.

There is so much drama and negativity in the shaman sub-forums..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I keep reading this about eles: hybrids that don't bring anything appealing.
    Hybrid is the class right? So every class except Rogues, Mages, Locks and Hunters. In particular Shaman.
    But... is anyone justifying Enhancement short comings this way (meh hybrid)?
    I think not.
    Ele has always been in this position, IMO: looks cool, the idea could work. But the implementation was always missing it's mark. It was never considered seriously for PvE and even less so for PvP.
    I doubt this will change with Legion, there are still things in the spec that IMO are not synergyzing enough, or are strange choices.
    Still. It will be my first class to focus on. Should it fail to prove me wrong (that it's not another failed attempt by blizz) I will quit the shaman for good.

There is so much drama and negativity in the shaman sub-forums..
    This is absolutely not true, as Enh is in a similar position for Mythic spots. Rogue, Warrior and DK all have more appealing abilities for Mythic progress, while Ret, Feral and Enh are competing for numbers to justify spots. Enh is simply in a much better spot for priority add damage and overall numbers than Ele is atm, that's why it's not a big deal. Enh will likely outperform the other hybrids and get those few non-fotm spots in high end guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post

it is far from bad but some people are just focusing on earthquake build up without noticing that stormbringer/chainlightning and certain artifact perks are already strong AOE that serve as a build up and burst damage so no elemental AOE is very good. Not the best but solid.

But well, forums...just look at DK forums, they even pretend that unholy AOE is "average ", how can you give people credibility when saying stuff like that. Every class forum is full of doomsayers
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-08-29 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    is Thor also elemental shaman?