Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I vote for bowl of beans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arthas can just spam Remorsless Winter, and Mario couldn't even get close to him.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Reporting in for a Mario versus thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you consider the Super Smash Bros. Series, Mario can definitly fight even without powerups. And depending on the game world (Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario) he gets quite a few more abilities.

An easy example of what I mean would be Paper Mario. If you look at Super Paper Mario, he was able to rotate the dimensions from 2D to 3D and back. Now Arthas is of course always in 3D, but Mario himself is not, so he could easily avoid attacks like this.

Mario also has the 1-Ups, which basically give him more than one life.

I think you would need to find some sort of baseline WHAT Mario is allowed to do and what not. Complete invincibility with a star, that also allows him to basically oneshot most enemies? The ability to wander through space without much problems and jump from one planet to another? The ability to rotate dimensions? Acess to various items and "magic" through the help of stars or other means? WHAT can Mario do?

Does Mario have to jump on his head three times and get behind him grab his cape and throw him off the Frozen Throne? If so, I think Arthas is kinda screwed since he does quite a bit of stand still casting.

Isn't that the name of a thesis on video game consumerism?

Anyway, if you have to ask then the winner is Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Does Mario have to jump on his head three times and get behind him grab his cape and throw him off the Frozen Throne? If so, I think Arthas is kinda screwed since he does quite a bit of stand still casting.
    No chance of jumping, Arthas' head is spikey.

Depends on where the fight takes place.

Warcraft universe = Lich King wins, easily. Mario universe = Lich King is a final boss type, but he has some weakness Mario can exploit by kicking Koopa shells at him and hitting him the right place 3 times. Mario wins.

Stop shitposting

I have always considered those "who's the strongest" threads very childish, like 7y old kids who wants to know if Goku would beat Naruto.

That's why your post made me laugh, Jaylock. Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Depends. Does Mario have a Star?
    was my question lol
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Mario fights his way to the Lich King's thrown where the Lich King reveals his two new greatest champions.

DeathKnight Luigi and Deathwhisperer Peach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Mario fights his way to the Lich King's thrown where the Lich King reveals his two new greatest champions.

DeathKnight Luigi and Deathwhisperer Peach.
    Also Sindrabowsar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No chance of jumping, Arthas' head is spikey.
    No problem. Mario just equips the Spike Shield Badge.

Paper mario would shit on Lich king so hard. Im pretty sure Hooktail > sindragosa braj
    and so would super smash mario and like mario sunshine mario. he would like clean the lich king's defile up n shit.
    But old school jump over barrels or super mario bros mario would get rekt.

Mario has killed Bowser who has been able to live despite being completely submerged in lava, and on occasion either have been able to destroy entire planets.

On top of that, Mario is a solo guy, where the Lich King is more about his minions than himself.

SO MARIO OF COURSE. If Lich King gets his undead guys then Mario gets Luigi and Yoshi too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I have always considered those "who's the strongest" threads very childish, like 7y old kids who wants to know if Goku would beat Naruto.

That's why your post made me laugh, Jaylock. Thanks for this.
    nobody no matter how young asks if goku would beat naruto thats a stupid question like asking if super man would win against average joe. Nowdays its goku vs one punch duuuh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends are we talking Melee Mario or Sm4sh Mario?

Lich King wins but it's a close fight as Mario respawns 3 times before finally dying.

Eeverybody cheats but Waluigi.