Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Currently Arms is the best spec, not Fury.
    Any chance you could update the dps guide to reflect this? Had a few people vehemently argue the specs were even last night using the logic that your guide had an edit dated later than this comment and was therefore correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll update when they're ready. And with that, probably not matter near or day of/after Legion launch.

As the guy who keeps them up to date, I'd say I do know that it's close enough to optimal for Live, as I made it close to optimal. As I've done all but the latest version of the Arms API (Col found a few things to improve upon while I was on a vacation), I know it's strengths and weaknesses. That said tho, I don't mean to be aggressive, or in any way other way belittle you, just wanted to point out that, in general, I know what I'm talking about.
    I didn't mean to attack you but you should know that posts like yours will result in your average reader completely dismissing the findings I presented earlier even though they'd still stay true if only other classes had sub-optimal APLs as is the only thing that could be argued about here - something we know but your average reader will not know.

As a side note: I'm not even using the default profiles and/or APLs in all cases because I've gotten significantly better results with some adjustments in many cases.

Edit: As a second side note, a lot of raid sims have been going around lately and the arms T19P profile still stacks the worst stat (crit), resulting in a misrepresentation of its single target DPS. I've already mentioned this to Collisionc when I reported the MS/tactician bugs but it seems like he hasn't gotten to it yet. If you're involved in the maintenance of those profiles, you might want to change that crit heavy setup to a mastery/haste setup. Going by what I've seen, you either want max mastery and the rest into haste or ~6-7k haste (there seems to be a soft breakpoint around that value) and the rest into mastery (with versa being > crit in either case). You'll easily get ~10% more DPS out of the profile like that.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-08-25 at 08:04 AM.

Personally , I don't like the enrage uptime being so short and I think i'm going to play arms but i don't wanna regret it.

GT4 could i ask you a question please? does the Iftk spec really rival fury? (i know FR is far ahead of both) ive tried FR and i really dont like it BUT if i can still do good dps with Iftk build then il happily settle.

Reason why we're using the sub-par gear set in our default setup is so that we can easily test things without worrying about different gear making things weird. Once we're past the testing stage we may update it with an actual good gear set, but for now it's easier for us to simply continue to use the same gear for all test.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Reason why we're using the sub-par gear set in our default setup is so that we can easily test things without worrying about different gear making things weird. Once we're past the testing stage we may update it with an actual good gear set, but for now it's easier for us to simply continue to use the same gear for all test.
    Well, the problem with the gear used is that it significantly throws off some comparisons (mainly Overpower/AM vs. other options as those offer a high base crit chance) while being sub-optimal in either case (as of last time I checked that is).

On another topic, Dauntless is now giving me 13k and 8k more DPS respectively for the T19P (with adjusted stats) and T19M profiles over Overpower, allowing the adjusted T19P profile to pass the 300k mark.

GT4 could i ask you a question please? does the Iftk spec really rival fury? (i know FR is far ahead of both) ive tried FR and i really dont like it BUT if i can still do good dps with Iftk build then il happily settle.
    Going by current simc results (which might certainly be off by a bit still) and my (somewhat limited) testing on beta, the non-FR build can still keep up with fury for single target (or even slightly surpass it). Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were to bring the optimal arms spec (FR) in line with fury at some point. In that case it'd entirely depend on whether they nerf arms' baseline or nerf the FR talents instead. If they do the former, non-FR builds would most likely fall short compared to fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentonaxe View Post
    No one knows for sure, since they could very well make a huge tuning pass a week to a few weeks in.
    they will not make big tuning changes when Legion is live as watcher said and if they make changes they will do that with patched content unless a spec is incredible more better then they might hotfix it. They want to have tuning done before release.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

ah ok GT4 thank you for a answer