legion crafting question..

ok quick question, can you upgrade any cratfted 815 gear with obliterium regardless of what proffesions you have? i only ask as my main is mining/bs but will want to upgrade the crafted rings and kneck 1st. anyone able to quickly tell me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    ok quick question, can you upgrade any cratfted 815 gear with obliterium regardless of what proffesions you have? i only ask as my main is mining/bs but will want to upgrade the crafted rings and kneck 1st. anyone able to quickly tell me?
    good question, let me add another question, maybe someone knows a lil bit more.
    I have minung/bs too, which region should I start with? I heard Azsuna would be best, but saw in HM are some BS plans. So I dont know exactly what would be the best start with Mi/BS.

Deleted
    Hey guys, dont take it as a blue post but from what I heard:
    Yes, you can upgrade crafted gear with obliterum without that profession.

For Yango, check this: http://www.worldofmoudi.com/legion-profession-guides

Deleted
    Yes, any crafting profession has something that they can obliterate to create obliterum bits, 100 of which make 1 Obliterum that then gives a +5 upgrade to a crafted item. Obliterating does NOT take Blood of Sargeras any more, but actually upgrading (applying an Obliterum to an item) costs 2 Blood of Sargeras.

Tried / Tested it in Beta, so that counts for me as confirmed.

That is not to say that there are some professions which have higher material costs for the crafts that can be obliterated (Inscription / Enchanting are probably the least effective, LW probably the most)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yango View Post
    good question, let me add another question, maybe someone knows a lil bit more.
    I have minung/bs too, which region should I start with? I heard Azsuna would be best, but saw in HM are some BS plans. So I dont know exactly what would be the best start with Mi/BS.
    It does not really matter where you start your leveling. All buyable recipes have rather high reputation requirements and mostly are the 3-star versions of a craft. In order to get the 1-star versions first, you need to do the profession quests that unlock at 100, 102, 104, 106, 108 and 110. They do send you into specific zones, but I can't remember from top of my head which sequence for BS. U can probably google that, though.

I would actually do all the profession quests when you're 110, but nothing is stopping you doing them when they unlock, either. No advantage/disadvantage just perceived convenience