Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The region started to mellow out but the U.S. and USSR interfered and set the region back for the next 100 years.
    No, the region was a powder keg ready to explode for some time. Minority dictatorships do not lead to long term stability, just animosity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    This sentence of yours does not connect at all with the short exchange we had.
    You simply came up with "standard apologetic defensive response N.39". Unfortunately in this case, it really stands on its own with no link whatsoever with anything we said.
    Your comment was the one that did not belong, "standard blame the US for everything offensive comment #1".

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No, the region was a powder keg ready to explode for some time. Minority dictatorships do not lead to long term stability, just animosity.
    Maybe..but the USSR and USA made it worse than it really is.

The region will improve only through internal reforms.

Most likely Iraq and Iran will eventually become democracies as they were once democratic entities before the West started to meddle with both countries. This is because both countries have cultural roots beyond the nomadic culture of other nations where borders and boundaries are not recognized in such nomadic cultures.

Border disputes will always be a problem with other Arab nations as they have the nomadic ethos ingrained with them where sharing of land and crossing land was a cultural norm. Thus, they are less likely to form democracies unless they become cooperative democracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to pretend that Turkey decided to play nice with the Kurds and make a move on ISIS because the US (and NATO) put them in the dig house behind closed doors. No evidence to support that claim but it can't be refuted either

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Maybe..but the USSR and USA made it worse than it really is.

The region will improve only through internal reforms.

Most likely Iraq and Iran will eventually become democracies as they were once democratic entities before the West started to meddle with both countries. This is because both countries have cultural roots beyond the nomadic culture of other nations where borders and boundaries are not recognized in such nomadic cultures.

Border disputes will always be a problem with other Arab nations as they have the nomadic ethos ingrained with them where sharing of land and crossing land was a cultural norm. Thus, they are less likely to form democracies unless they become cooperative democracies.
    Proxy wars did not help, but they did not cause the issues either.

Can someone post a reliable resource on that ceasefire between turks and kurds?

@Gref

Turkish Army and FSA haven't been advancing south for, like, 2 days now. You don't need a source, there is your proof.

http://syria.liveuamap.com

It's a mistake on Turkey's end. Kurdish terrorists should be cleansed from West of Euphrates initially, and entire northern Syria as a future objective. Turkey shouldn't hesitate to cooperate with Syria to crush YPG.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-08-31 at 03:12 AM.

Deleted
    Proxy wars did not help, but they did not cause the issues either.
    Yes they literally did. Removing Iran's prime minister in 53 because "communist" started everything. Arming and fighting side by side with saddam because "our man" against that Iran WE turned against us kept destabilising the area, creating an extremist rebel faction and arm it to hell because helpful against Russia literally gave us international extremist fighters.

Like, proxy wars have LITERALLY done the job down there.

And regarding your comment about my standard US accusation post, I know your sick, twisted, aberration you mistakenly call "patriotism" makes you not see but yes, US foreign policies HAVE in fact destabilised the area since ww2. Your "the area was already a mess" is yet another nonsensical "ready to go apologetic defensive statement".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they literally did. Removing Iran's prime minister in 53 because "communist" started everything. Arming and fighting side by side with saddam because "our man" against that Iran WE turned against us kept destabilising the area, creating an extremist rebel faction and arm it to hell because helpful against Russia literally gave us international extremist fighters.

Like, proxy wars have LITERALLY done the job down there.

And regarding your comment about my standard US accusation post, I know your sick, twisted, aberration you mistakenly call "patriotism" makes you not see but yes, US foreign policies HAVE in fact destabilised the area since ww2. Your "the area was already a mess" is yet another nonsensical "ready to go apologetic defensive statement".
    As usual, you fail to look further than "the US was there so its all their fault". You really should try reading history books with an open mind, you might learn something.

And FYI, I am fully aware of the issues my country has caused throughout the world, but as I have said before, I dont care what the US does so long as it is in our true best interests. I also know we are far from the only country to cause issues.

Deleted
    As usual, you fail to look further than "the US was there so its all their fault". You really should try reading history books with an open mind, you might learn something.

And FYI, I am fully aware of the issues my country has caused throughout the world, but as I have said before, I dont care what the US does so long as it is in our true best interests. I also know we are far from the only country to cause issues.
    No you're not, youre just an apologetic puppet built to think as you do.
    I explained already what drives your views. It's sickening and I don't want to be part of it.

Standard reply n.3 "ah you're just anti-american".

I wouldn't mind if like hubcap, you were very young. But you're an adult Kellhound for fucks sake.

The whole point is that all of our foreign policy misadventures don't actually serve our best interests because whatever we gain from them tends to be outweighed by all of the blowback it creates later on that we can neither predict nor contain effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The whole point is that all of our foreign policy misadventures don't actually serve our best interests because whatever we gain from them tends to be outweighed by all of the blowback it creates later on that we can neither predict nor contain effectively.
    According to Skroe, the loss of thousands of your own brothers and sisters is a good price to pay, in order to win a real life game of risk.
    The sooner people in the us realise they are being led by fake patriots which are in fact just working towards pushing their own agenda instead of the well being of the American people, the better.
    You have traitors in your own home. Kick em out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you're not, youre just an apologetic puppet built to think as you do.
    I explained already what drives your views. It's sickening and I don't want to be part of it.

Standard reply n.3 "ah you're just anti-american".

I wouldn't mind if like hubcap, you were very young. But you're an adult Kellhound for fucks sake.
    I am fully capable of independent thought, more so than you it would seem actually. I dont apologize for anything that the US does to further its best interests, however I also know it does not work in its own best interests a great deal of the time.

Deleted
    I am fully capable of independent thought, more so than you it would seem actually. I dont apologize for anything that the US does to further its best interests, however I also know it does not work in its own best interests a great deal of the time.
    Your words clash with what you have been expressing on this forums several times. Especially now in this exchange we just had.

Sorry Kelly. It's just the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I am fully aware we tend to screw things up. I knew Iraq was going to be a disaster as soon as the first "We dont do nation building" comment was made.

- - - Updated - - -

Your words clash with what you have been expressing on this forums several times. Especially now in this exchange we just had.

Sorry Kelly. It's just the way it is.
    They dont, you just dont understand conditionals.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox;42134341[B
    ]I want to pretend that Turkey decided to play nice with the Kurds[/B] and make a move on ISIS because the US (and NATO) put them in the dig house behind closed doors. No evidence to support that claim but it can't be refuted either
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37231760

Ankara contacted the US ambassador on Wednesday over comments the foreign ministry called "unacceptable".
    A US military spokesman had expressed hopes on Tuesday that, rather than see Turkey pursue Kurdish fighters, "all parties involved are going to stop shooting at each other and focus" on IS.
    On Wednesday, Russia added its voice, with the foreign affairs ministry calling on Turkey to avoid strikes in Syria on opposition and ethnic groups fighting Islamic State, including Syrian Kurds.
    "Turkey is a sovereign state, it is a legitimate state," said Turkey's EU Affairs Minister Omer Celik.
    "To suggest it is on a par with a terrorist organisation and suggest there are talks between them, that a deal has been reached between them, this is unacceptable."
    Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Wednesday that "operations will continue until all terrorist elements have been neutralised, until all threats to our borders, our lands and our citizens are completely over".
    I guess this kind of self imposed ignorance helps you support Hillary "Bring them to heel" Clinton as well. Too bad for your delusion that the Turkish goals are well voiced and documented.