Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All melee is squishy (Havoc is probably still too squishy). Enhancement has a solid heal they can use as an instant at the cost of a bit of dps. Plus with Doom Winds in Legion you can survive a big pull because everything is dead before it ever gets a chance to kill you.
    My Windwalker Monk doesn't feel nearly as squishy as my Enhance shammy and my Monks in leather!

Makes my decision to be a troll feel good, Doomwinds + Beserking.

Deleted
    All melee is squishy
    Rogues would like to say hello

pve there doing fine atm. PVP we need our honor talents and relic to offset the lose of SR, i find 1v1 if i use cd's effectively you can still kill most classes. If you miss time you can get kited around.

All melee is squishy (Havoc is probably still too squishy). Enhancement has a solid heal they can use as an instant at the cost of a bit of dps. Plus with Doom Winds in Legion you can survive a big pull because everything is dead before it ever gets a chance to kill you.
    hey, i'm not judging you or something i'm just learning, can you tell me your big pull destroying rotation in 6 secs period?

Doom Winds + Class Trinket = dead elites during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Hello,

i hope its okay to post such a basic question, couldnt find a legion-enhancment thread here in the forum.

Im struggling between shaman and rogue, so before i go with my 100 boost and maybe waste it, i have some question regarding to this build. What i realy like is the option to go for a heal spec, and that mailarmor is only worn by shamans and hunters.

- How good is/will be the enhancment shaman especially in raid enviroments? It doesnt have to be the top OP build, but i hope its even in the better half.
    - how complex and easy to learn/play is this build? Is the rotation and the class at all something for guys like me who are not the best gamers?
    Have a look at wowhead's guide for Enh Shaman. They are always up to date.

Is wowhead's rotation accurate? They're saying use crash lightning only at greater than 80 maelstrom. I've been using it on cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chizzle View Post
    Is wowhead's rotation accurate? They're saying use crash lightning only at greater than 80 maelstrom. I've been using it on cooldown.
    You should not be starving yourself with CL in case of SS procs. But essentially, nearly on cooldown if you play correctly and aren't using LL too much.

Deleted
    I feel Maelstrom generation is a bit too low without Spirit Wolves, and too high with them. Dunno how it is with Doom Winds. Would be nice to balance this out in my humble opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    I feel Maelstrom generation is a bit too low without Spirit Wolves, and too high with them. Dunno how it is with Doom Winds. Would be nice to balance this out in my humble opinion.
    If you're talking about prepatch and in low-average gear, don't worry. It gets a lot better at 110.
    And Doom Winds is excellent. We still overcap a lot with cooldowns up though.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    If you're talking about prepatch and in low-average gear, don't worry. It gets a lot better at 110.
    And Doom Winds is excellent. We still overcap a lot with cooldowns up though.
    I usually have problems overcapping with Ascendance. Often I have to not use Boulderfist and just spam Lava Lash like crazy to get rid of it. Sometimes I still overcap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I usually have problems overcapping with Ascendance. Often I have to not use Boulderfist and just spam Lava Lash like crazy to get rid of it. Sometimes I still overcap.
    Which would be a mistake because you're losing your BF uptime :P

Enchantment shaman are pretty strong right now. Most specs are a lot closer than they used to be though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by chizzle View Post
    This Enhancement Guide on wowhead is written by Wordup. I'd assume everything is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Which would be a mistake because you're losing your BF uptime :P
    I always mantain the damage/crt buff, I just don't use all the BF's. I think Lava Lash hits harder so I spend MS on LL.
    Maybe I'm totally wrong. Been playing with ENH for two weeks now. The opener is something I'm not 100% sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Also, the Order Hall is a little drab and boring, being just some cave in the Maelstrom. Wish it would have been a little cooler, especially after seeing the Paladin order hall looking so bad ass.
    It would really help to have some lush vegetation around...maybe some ancient night elven ruins since there was a city there once... oh well.

In terms of class design:
    1) I dislike how buff management was forced on us with FT. The ability was uninspired since the get go, and instead of finally axing it, we are now privileged by monitoring this shitty, passive, weak source of damage.
    Unlike your regular dot, this one has only 10y range, affects only one target, requires maelstrom and somehow requires a target, despite being essentially a selfbuff...such wacky design is what I wish would've stopped with legion, where we finally saw our first overhaul.

What makes the whole thing worse is that hailstorm is the strongest talent in the row (esp with legendaries), so we're more or less forced to have this shit with two abilities...since when has buff monitoring been a thing that represents the class fantasy of shamans? (Except totem-twisting back in tbc).

Oh yeah; Landslide. More buff-management (though easier to manage cause tied to boulderfist (which also provides a selfbuff...)
    And if you take Earth Spike instead? Surprise! More selfbuffs!

Blizz definately overevaluated the "enhancing" thing. To much of anything is always poison.

2) I miss that we could frontload damage in pvp, but now we first require maelstrom for that, FT/FB up, and as if that ramp up wasn't worse enough, we need RNG-based procs for our burst...

3) Ascendence just doesn't work with the new system, as it is now. It should provide some upfront Maelstrom upon use (so as to be immediately usable even if you start out with 0 MS in pvp situations).
    Additionally, it would be cool if it reduced the cooldown of SS/WS while it's up, or better yet, increase Stormbringer proc chance (doubled maybe?)

4) Wolves could've been more exciting...somehow, a passive MS generator doesn't do them justice

5) We lost far to much in totems and survivability. A 40% mitigations spell with 8s duration and 90s cd isn't anywhere near enough, especially as we'll be oom after 5-6 heals now.
    In pvp, I expect us to be victims yet again.

6) Lava Lash misses some more synergy. It's just a MS dump, and as we'll be starved on it for the first half od legion at least, we'll probably wont use it all that much, which is a shame, looking as it's become far more iconic than FT/FB, which we'll probably use more.
    Lightning Bolt suffers similarly, as the talent in question is to weak. Personally seeing LB gone comepletely wouldn't have phased me. But if they implement a nostalgia talent for it, it should at least be competitive.

edit:
    7) Oh an I miss Frostshock...so much for class fantasy...that one was fricken iconic
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2016-08-28 at 06:55 AM.