Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, it says that each man should have a wife and each woman her own husband in order to avoid the temptation to sexual immorality. It doesn't say that all sex outside of wedlock is immoral. Just that to avoid the temptation of the sex which IS immoral, men and women should be married.
    Sometimes its difficult to reconcile your religious beliefs with what you think is right and wrong. Especially considering how inconsistent religion is with the world today. The only time sex is not referred to as immoral in the bible is between a married husband and wife. Of course this is veering into a religious discussion which isn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Birth control is a thing.
    It doesn't work 100% of the time.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    It is the right thing to do. Those who don't wait are those who often lack morals and don't care for others around them.
    Not true. I do believe in no sex before marriage and I practice it, but for those who believe in it isn't for me to judge why they do so, as it is not for them to judge why I do so. Different people have different values and morals, get use to it or you are going to have a hard time growing up.

/shrug. if people want to do it for whatever reason.. its their choice.

and on "how do you know if sex is bad, if you don't try it beforehand" well... being good at sex is 25% skill and 75% giving a damn about your partner's pleasure. skill can be acquired as long as you are in a possession of the second - the giving a damn part. and you can tell if your partner gives a damn, long before you have sex together. it might be awkward at first, but as long as you give a damn - it WILL keep getting better and better.

and if you or your partner don't give a damn? no amount of experience will make sex any good.

edited to add - well at least some open mindedness is required, you know for the sake of understanding that you may want to learn and adopt, but I still tie it into "giving a damn" part of the equation.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-08-24 at 04:19 PM.

everything realted to religions its harmful, even the things that makes you die happier than hopeless. Lies are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    Not true. I do believe in no sex before marriage and I practice it, but for those who believe in it isn't for me to judge why they do so, as it is not for them to judge why I do so. Different people have different values and morals, get use to it or you are going to have a hard time growing up.
    I have already been raising my kids with my mindset. They will not be thinking like these other people in the thread, nor will they have a similar thought process of you who think that we should ignore the words of God. This isn't just about beliefs, but morality. It isn't moral to follow lust just because you like a person.
    It's about watching a company gleefully flinging away its goodwill with both hands and engaging in a pissing contest with its customers. It's about coyness, and a lack of straightforwardness. It's about rude, flip responses to valid questions, using third-party media instead of an official site. It's about a loss of trust, and the perception of untruthfulness. It's about an attitude that has begun to border on complacency and deceitfulness. -Roycroft the Human Rogue (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    /shrug. if people want to do it for whatever reason.. its their choice.

and on "how do you know if sex is bad, if you don't try it beforehand" well... being good at sex is 25% skill and 75% giving a damn about your partner's pleasure. skill can be acquired as long as you are in a possession of the second - the giving a damn part. and you can tell if your partner gives a damn, long before you have sex together. it might be awkward at first, but as long as you give a damn - it WILL keep getting better and better.

and if you or your partner don't give a damn? no amount of experience will make sex any good.
    You cant do anything with aestheticals and sizes.

Depends on the couple or person I guess. I didn't wait until I was married, however I did wait until I was 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I guess I'm a very very bad boy.
    You need a dominatrix

15+ Year Old Account
    Sex before marriage is the ultimate hypocrisy.
    It's advocating for love and commitment, while placing an unsurmountable value on sex.
    Then, it will most likely not live up to the "hype".

Marriage should be a celebration of an existing relationship.
    Using marriage as a barrier is dooming the relationship.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a problem with that, the only problem that i have with that, its that it normally also goes with the view of "You don't move together with your couple before you're married" and i think that's silly, the best way to truly know your partner is when you live with them and IMHO people should do this before thinking of "marriage"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You need a dominatrix
    Nah, honestly, domination, bondage, etc. is kind of boring to me. Just makes me feel foolish.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, honestly, domination, bondage, etc. is kind of boring to me. Just makes me feel foolish.
    You can make it real, by signing a slavery contact with someone!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The majority of extramarital sex isn't rape, and I'd argue that's not exactly something that brings joy and contentment. I'm suggesting the joy and contentment is mutual.

My last girlfriend, for example, we slept together all the time. We cared about each other very deeply, possibly even loved each other. She eventually had to leave the country to go back to Argentina because she didn't have a work visa, so we broke up. The sex we had brought joy and contentment to us both, and was a wonderful part of our lives that I will always remember happily, and so will she. How in the world could that possibly be immoral or sinful? We shared love and wonder with each other and both came out better for it.
    Sin is by definition choosing to do things our own way, deciding we know better than God. That's why the original sin was eating fruit. Not bad in and of itself, but God had specifically said "don't do the thing." This caused all sorts of mess in the world, because we set a precedent that we know better than God.

Only ones I know who believe in this are my Evangelical extended family members. I wouldn't like to marry someone I haven't had sex with; maybe if there was like a medical condition why we couldn't have sex for like several years I might still marry my partener, but because their morals say so? Nope; not because it's necessarily wrong, but because our beliefs about sex, shame and morality would be very, very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Sin is by definition choosing to do things our own way, deciding we know better than God. That's why the original sin was eating fruit. Not bad in and of itself, but God had specifically said "don't do the thing." This caused all sorts of mess in the world, because we set a precedent that we know better than God.
    But how do you know that God thinks all sex outside of marriage is Sin, especially since he never says it explicitly in the Bible, and it's been several thousand years since you've heard from the guy, and we know he has a tendency to change his mind on stuff?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's going to suck when they find out that they have incompatible sexual tastes. They'll either divorce or live sexless lives. Or they'll cheat.

But how do you know that God thinks all sex outside of marriage is Sin, especially since it's been several thousand years since you've heard from the guy, and we know he has a tendency to change his mind on stuff?
    We believe in the Holy Spirit. Christians genuinely believe we hear from God, that's why we pray over big decisions.
    I also wouldn't say he does change his mind often. There were large changes following the death of Jesus because it's an event that fundamentally changed everything. We consider that to be literally the most significant event in human history. We aren't saved by what we do any more, we're saved because of the death of Jesus. That's why I mentioned the legalistic thing before. His guidelines set out in the Bible are for our benefit. We don't obey because we're going to hell if we don't, we obey because an omniscient being who designed us and knows us better than we know ourselves probably has better judgement than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get off the religious talk. You know that isnt allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Fuck that.
    only after you married "that"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Get off the religious talk. You know that isnt allowed
    marriage is purely religious.