Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Disc] Does anyone else think Halo should apply Atonement?

Been having a ton of fun healing as Disc in PvP. The only problem I've been having is spreading atonement when the situation calls for that considering the only option we have to do that is on a long cast. Halo could fill that niche and would make its long cooldown and long cast time actually make sense. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Been having a ton of fun healing as Disc in PvP. The only problem I've been having is spreading atonement when the situation calls for that considering the only option we have to do that is on a long cast. Halo could fill that niche and would make its long cooldown and long cast time actually make sense. Thoughts?
    It would be a bit too strong IMHO, maybe they will add a +1\+2 person to the Power Word: I dont remember the name but has 2.5 sec cast & radius healing to spam atonement around

Or made attonement appears on 3-4-5 lowest life players with Halo?

No way that would be viable with Lights wrath scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    It would be a bit too strong IMHO, maybe they will add a +1\+2 person to the Power Word: I dont remember the name but has 2.5 sec cast & radius healing to spam atonement around

Or made attonement appears on 3-4-5 lowest life players with Halo?
    Maybe. I feel like some high cooldown mass Attonement spread is just what Disc needs though.

I wouldn't mind a talent that made PW: R add 2 more attonments per cast, would make it pretty much mandatory, but Halo applying atonement would be OP as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I wouldn't mind a talent that made PW: R add 2 more attonments per cast, would make it pretty much mandatory, but Halo applying atonement would be OP as hell.
    If they increased it to a minute cd, and had a short enough atonement duration I could see it working. But it can't do that, heal, *and* deal damage that's convertible by atonement all by itself.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If they increased it to a minute cd, and had a short enough atonement duration I could see it working.
    The problem is that would line up with the artifact so you could literally Halo -> Artifact and burst heal ridiculous amounts. It would be insanely OP in raids and BG's.

The problem is that would line up with the artifact so you could literally Halo -> Artifact and burst heal ridiculous amounts. It would be insanely OP in raids and BG's.
    Disc would still suck at everything else that isn't burst healing. It would just accentuate disc's niche as a burst healer.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Disc would still suck at everything else that isn't burst healing. It would just accentuate disc's niche as a burst healer.
    That's fair, but I still think it would be an OP CD on a 1 min CD. Burst or not.

That's fair, but I still think it would be an OP CD on a 1 min CD. Burst or not.
    That's why I think the direct heal component probably needs to go in that case.

Regarding disc priests lack of AoE heals - what if Rapture also removed PW:S from global cooldown?

Regarding disc priests lack of AoE heals - what if Rapture also removed PW:S from global cooldown?
    uhh do you know how spells work buddy?

/cast [target=raidmember1] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember2] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember3] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember4] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember5] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember6] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember7] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember8] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember9] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember10] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember11] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember12] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember13] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember14] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember15] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember16] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember17] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember18] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember19] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember20] Power Word: Shield

lel

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    uhh do you know how spells work buddy?

/cast [target=raidmember1] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember2] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember3] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember4] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember5] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember6] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember7] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember8] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember9] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember10] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember11] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember12] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember13] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember14] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember15] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember16] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember17] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember18] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember19] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=raidmember20] Power Word: Shield

lel
    Guess i didn't consider that. In that case lower its GCD significantly. Other classes have such mechanics.

Guess i didn't consider that. In that case lower its GCD significantly. Other classes have such mechanics.
    agreed, PWS having no cd and it's cd being based off of the gcd (scaling via haste) seems like a good idea. let's make it happen because it would make for a strong cooldown outside of barrier/LW shenanigans.

oh wait it already exists and is called rapture.

honestly all of the ideas in this thread are dumb. disc doesn't need buffs, it needs it's vision changed.

honestly all of the ideas in this thread are dumb. disc doesn't need buffs, it needs it's vision changed.
    So Disc can be another indistinguishable healing spec? No thanks. Its play style is fun as it is.

There are plenty players who enjoy its distinct vision. If you don't enjoy it, feel free to play one of the 5 other healers. Oh, and please don't get started with the "disc should be about absorbs" bullshit spreading lately. That's neither what discipline was initially about, nor is it healthy for the game as a whole.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-08-24 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    There are plenty players who enjoy its distinct vision. If you don't enjoy it, feel free to play one of the 5 other healers.
    you keep it's playstyle but change the vision

right now it's a healer which cannot ever be 100% of a healer due to the amount of dps it adds, i feel it would be very okay if the dmg was to be non-existent inside raids/groups/bgs and the healing bumped up to compensate. to help discs in the world (leveling, world pvp fun, world quests, etc) give them a damage boost in outdoor gameplay.

right now it's a healer which has extreme risk attached to it. its either mandatory or near useless simply because what it offers is 100% pointless when it can be brought by another healer w/o risk or simply dropping a healer and gaining a full dps w/o risk (these 2 scenarios are usually the case). right now it is further towards the "100% pointless" category rather than "mandatory". i think disc's gameplay is awesome, but it has a damaged implementation and i think it needs to be fixed before the spec can be truly represented in raids.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-08-24 at 05:28 PM.

you keep it's playstyle but change the vision

right now it's a healer which cannot ever be 100% of a healer due to the amount of dps it adds, i feel it would be very okay if the dmg was to be non-existent inside raids/groups/bgs and the healing bumped up to compensate. to help discs in the world (leveling, world pvp fun, world quests, etc) give them a damage boost in outdoor gameplay.

right now it's a healer which has extreme risk attached to it. its either mandatory or near useless simply because what it offers is 100% pointless when it can be brought by another healer w/o risk or simply dropping a healer and gaining a full dps w/o risk (these 2 scenarios are usually the case). i think disc's gameplay is awesome, but it has a damaged implementation and i think it needs to be fixed before the spec can be truly represented in raids.
    You're making the assumption that disc will not see play in raids as it currently is. With its crazy burst raid heal with proper talents and most encounters traditionally having mechanics that require burst raid heal, I'd be surprised not to see most high end guilds bringing a discipline priest for most progress fights.

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about a few weeks/months down the line. At the beginning you might very well be correct and even high end raids will avoid discipline because of their specialized role and the other priest spec (holy) not looking too great either.

What you're suggesting would pretty much streamline Disc with other healers since other healers already offer strong DPS when they don't have to heal as it is.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-08-24 at 05:41 PM.

That would be much too strong and would require too long a cooldown to be fun.

What I could see would be for Barrier to transfer healing at half the effectiveness of atonement to targets with no atonement up.

Maybe a spell with a medium CD (somewhere between 30 and 90 seconds) that 'consumed all existing Atonement applications and then evenly redistributed the total Atonement time consumed amongst all friendly targets?

For example, if you have 10 people in your group and (for easy maths) 5 people have a 12 second Atonement on them, it will remove those Atonements and be at 5*12=60 seconds, which then is divided by the group size (60/10=6) and gives everyone an Atonement for that amount.

This gives you an option to convert a few people with long Atonements into a lot of people with short Atonements. It would likely require selective use since all your Atonements are then going to expire at the same time (unless you overwrite some), meaning a dry 'ramp-up' time is gonna happen, but it does give you an actual 'healing CD' instead of just Barrier to reduce incoming damage - it offers Disc at least one reactive tool that will have an impact.