Co-Tank Pairings with a Blood DK

Hi all,

I was hoping to get the opinion of the folks who know Blood DK the best. My Co-Tank in Legion is rolling a Blood DK. I am pretty open to the tank that I will play. I would like to play something with good synergy to a DK. Some considerations that we've discussed in general is whether I should play a plate wearer since I believe our group will be using personal loot so we can share drops that we get.

I would like to know from a DK what class/classes you think synergize the best and reasoning why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pair it with anything really. Guardian/Prot Warrior probably your best options as far as good tanks going into Legion.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    You can pair it with anything really. Guardian/Prot Warrior probably your best options as far as good tanks going into Legion.
    What he said

Details on this?

For example: X class is strong at Y where the DK is not.

If there is no such thing as synergy between the different tanks then I guess I'm grabbing at air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirc View Post
    Details on this?

If there is no such thing as synergy between the different tanks then I guess I'm grabbing at air.
    Well identifying Blood's weaknesses will help with this. Blood has weak mobility and less pure mitigation than other tanks.

So pairing Blood with a mobile/high mitigation tank would help cover some of Blood's weaknesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you guys have the best hive mind. I saw the title of this thread and the first thing I thought before even opening was "Guardian/Prot warrior"
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirc View Post
    Details on this?

Hashcrypt covered it pretty well. DKs lack mobility, Warrior are one of the most mobile tanks in the game, next to Monk and now DH. They are also just very good right now. Guardian is a solid choice as well that doesn't have to worry about splitting gear with a DK tank.

DH is a bit of a gamble because it's new and will likely see some changes before it's in a place that's not too strong or too weak. Unless you're playing at the cutting edge, this probably isn't an issue and would also be a great tank to complement a DK.

Monk is also a good choice and might be the best tank to "synergize" with a DK. I haven't been following closely but I believe they are a bit weak on beta right now, but they have strengths that the DK lacks and what the Monk lacks, the DK has.

In reality, just play anything. Don't get too caught up trying to figure out which is best unless you're playing to compete in the world first race. Instead, I recommend that you look into all of the tanks and pick one that fits your playstyle and go with that.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian is a solid choice as well that doesn't have to worry about splitting gear with a DK tank.
    Except for Tier
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

If you post this in Druid forum - Prot War, DK
    If you post this in DK forum - Prot War, Guardian
    If you post this in Warrior forum - Guardian, DK

Every tank is fine, play what you enjoy and don't worry about what the top1% say as your not the top1% and your choice of tank(s) will make no difference to whether you clear all content or not.

I appreciate everyone's responses. I am not cutting edge for sure. I also completely understand that all tanks are viable that's why I was coming at this in more of a "what tanks fit well with a DK" and not "what is the most OP tank". Blizzard seems to be making a concentrated effort to make sure all classes are viable (I'm sure someone somewhere will disagree with that) and since I haven't played a tank yet whose kit I don't like so I didn't mind trying to synergize with the other tank who made up his mind already.

As suggested, I will try all of them at a relatively high level before choosing a main to see if one sticks out as my favorite.

I'm surprised more people aren't saying paladin. Sooner or later people will realize we're OP. Just don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm surprised more people aren't saying paladin. Sooner or later people will realize we're OP. Just don't tell anyone, it's a secret.
    My tanking partner has been a paladin for as long as I can remember. I have never had any problems with that as a DK.

No tanking combo will be unviable but I would hate to have a druid because I don't want to share tier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanoth View Post
    My tanking partner has been a paladin for as long as I can remember. I have never had any problems with that as a DK.

No tanking combo will be unviable but I would hate to have a druid because I don't want to share tier lol.
    That moment when you stumble across a guild mate by complete accident! How's your morning been?