Madden NFL 17

It's Officially Football Season, Which of Course Means That It Is MADDEN SEASON.

Feel free to post whatever you want about the game on here.

I personally am a casual MUT Player, spend 20 bucks here in there in the game, otherwise I typically grind through challenges.

Always looking for Madden friends to compete and trade with. Feel free to add me if you have X-Box One.

GT: Blaz3 Wun
    Last edited by McLovenIt; 2016-08-24 at 10:34 PM.

Is it an actual improvement from last year? I can't justify the price for a roster update and some minor changes. Especially with getting it in six months for free due to EA Access. Also are people exploiting the potential to block kicks yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Is it an actual improvement from last year? I can't justify the price for a roster update and some minor changes. Especially with getting it in six months for free due to EA Access. Also are people exploiting the potential to block kicks yet?
    From watching others play, and have played a good 30+ challenges, including Skills Trainer. YES, some of the critics are right when they said "This is the best Madden since 2005"

Blocking Kicks is actually still hard, but you do have better chances then previously. I've blocked one Punt because they were on their own 15 so I loaded up for Blocked Punt and just 1 return man. Other than that, I'm lucky if I get close enough to even try and dive or jump at it lol

Either wait til one of your friends has it n you can play theirs, or if you aren't going broke over buying the game and you like Madden. I'd highly suggest getting it.

Run game is awesome with the "mini game button pressing" or whatever they're calling it....big backs have Murray, Pederson, Lacy have a great chance at effective stiff arms and falling forward for extra yardage. While the smaller guys when executed properly can easily out maneuver tackles and spin around defenders.

I can keep going on, but I'd highly suggest using youtube to watch gameplay, and especially hear what the popular streamers say and also hear what "experts" say.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I can't answer whether or not the game is worth $60 to you but I can answer the questions.

1)Ball carrying is completely revamped and actually feels legitimate now. Players have weight to them, and loads of different types of moves with different button combinations. Feels like a completely different game.
    2) Commentary is God Like, best in any sports games and there has already been 2 updates to it just this week(yes they send out updates for the commentary)
    3) You can't "exploit" blocking kicks because the person kicking has to mess up the bottom of the kicking meter for you to have enough time to get in there for the block. IE it's their fault if it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't bought a Madden of my own since PS2, maybe early PS3. Love the franchise but stopped buying the game because 2/3 ever iterations of the game weren't worth $60. Almost bought Madden 25 but real life happened and I "forgot" to get it. Is this one worth getting?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Played the game some today. It was a real blast

Off-topic: They need to make a madden for PC already

Deleted
    Can you edit player ratings this season or are the official ratings set in stone? Somehow all yt videos dealing with this are blocked in my country...

Can I play 15 minute quarters purely as coach and the results won't be in the 158-112 range?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Can you edit player ratings this season or are the official ratings set in stone? Somehow all yt videos dealing with this are blocked in my country...
    You always could in any madden ever.

Can I play 15 minute quarters purely as coach and the results won't be in the 158-112 range?
    Once again you always could, that's what accelerated clock is for- to ensure teams use the play clock.