Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What professions for Legion?

Just quick and simple, what professions are you going for in Legion for your warlock?
    I'm currently thinking enchanting / tailor

Deleted
    Since I leveled my warlock in vanilla I've been enchanting/tailoring, because they we're good profs for the class but because I love the concept of a magic-infused robe done by myself that empowers my magic

Deleted
    Since i discovered the Loot-A-Rang i can't go away anmore from engineering. To support that i will take mining first and then later change to enchanting i think.

have been tailor/enchanting since vanilla so I guess i'll stay that plus I have almost all recipes in game for both so would be a shame to loose those.

I've been mining/jc since TBC and not going to change. JC actually looks semi-decent in Legion.

I used to be tailoring/enchanting but changed in WoD for the Felblight. As the Bloods are needed for the higher end enchants think I will stay with Herbing/Enchanting as so far I am not that impressed with the crafted gear either.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick with Herbalism/Alchemy because I like to create my own flasks and pots for raiding. Maybe the crafted trinket will be viable as well

I figured JC Inscription for my warlock and then of course my druid gatherer does mining/herb. The crafted JC jewelry looks very good for pre-raid gearing and you can always make a ton of gold in the first few weeks with that crafting + darkmoon cards so that is how I see it. I do miss engineering though

I am alchemy/tailor, I can send enchants from an alt but I go through too many potions/flasks/pots due to raiding to play mail box disco all the time. Instead I will just keep ingredients on me and produce as I need and not have to leave raid to mail myself more supplies.

Tailoring/Enchanting. They work very well together, as others have mentioned. I kill stuff for cloth, make stuff with said cloth to level tailoring, DE that stuff for enchanting matts, then enchant my gear to level enchanting as well as increase my performance.

For the ones who are going double crafting, do you think you will still get enough bloods to cover both and upgrade all your crafted gear? I know disenchanting has (maybe had as things change) about a 3-4% chance of giving one and then there's some as rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    have been tailor/enchanting since vanilla so I guess i'll stay that plus I have almost all recipes in game for both so would be a shame to loose those.
    In Legion you can swap your professions and switch back if you dont like the new one and keep everything you had in your book. There is an item you buy in game that allows the swap. I have not tried it so not sure exactly how it works.

In my opinion, Engineering is always a must for any main character no matter the class. You might argue "Well, Engineering is just for fun." But I would rebut with "Well, WoW is just for fun." Most people would probably agree that Engineering is the funnest profession. So you might as well have fun while you're having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    In Legion you can swap your professions and switch back if you dont like the new one and keep everything you had in your book. There is an item you buy in game that allows the swap. I have not tried it so not sure exactly how it works.
    I think that only applies to Legion recipes, not old-world recipes. I could be wrong though.

My Lock is my Herbal/Alchemy character, while my Priest is my Tailor/Enchantress. Keeps pretty self-sufficient that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulzurak View Post
    I think that only applies to Legion recipes, not old-world recipes. I could be wrong though.
    Ye i'm pretty sure I read that aswell was super hyped until I read that detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailor/Chanter since I began luckily I got it right w/ the first guess so we will see.

I had Herb/mining for the end of wod for a bit of moolah and I'm planning to do the same for the start of legion. Was away for much of wod so I didn't have hoards of garrison cash that many accrued.

Later on I think I'll drop mining for enchanting. The herbs I harvest will go to my Druid, who has alch and inscription. Herbs look to be even more valuable than they have done before.

Gonna keep Engineering and Tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I used to be tailoring/enchanting but changed in WoD for the Felblight. As the Bloods are needed for the higher end enchants think I will stay with Herbing/Enchanting as so far I am not that impressed with the crafted gear either.
    There are SOOOOOO many other ways to get bloods other than gathering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulzurak View Post
    Yes only legion due to the fact that you ranked them up. I've collected some hard to find patterns over my years, I'm not switching professions on my lock.