Tank for PvE and Arms for PvP (artifact weapons)

Guys i want to go with prot for PvE and arms for PvP. The question is:

I understand we gonna have our leveling artifact weapon maxed up by the time we hit 110 (let's say for prot). How much more time it will take to max up the second artifact weapon (in this example for arms)?

Thanx for your responses. I really dont know that much for artifact weapons.
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends on artefact knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Depends on artefact knowledge.
    Can you explain how this works? Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Guys i want to go with prot for PvE and arms for PvP. The question is:

I understand we gonna have our leveling artifact weapon maxed up by the time we hit 110 (let's say for prot). How much more time it will take to max up the second artifact weapon (in this example for arms)?

Thanx for your responses. I really dont know that much for artifact weapons.
    You understand wrong. Your artifact will be no where near maxed once you hit lv 110. It'll be enough to have reached one of the "gold dragons", that is, one of the special passives. It'll take months (I believe 2-3) to max it out.

Artifact knowledge works like this, roughly: as time progresses in legion (real time), your followers research more and more artifact knowledge. This means that a multiplier is applied to your artifact power gain. So say, first week you gain 100 for a day of work. Fourth week you gain 400 for the same work.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Thanx a lot! So, basically, i can just play pve and pvp at the same time without losing resoruces to max an artifact?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You understand wrong. Your artifact will be no where near maxed once you hit lv 110. It'll be enough to have reached one of the "gold dragons", that is, one of the special passives. It'll take months (I believe 2-3) to max it out.

Artifact knowledge works like this, roughly: as time progresses in legion (real time), your followers research more and more artifact knowledge. This means that a multiplier is applied to your artifact power gain. So say, first week you gain 100 for a day of work. Fourth week you gain 400 for the same work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Can you explain how this works? Thanx
    I'm not in beta, but you apparently earn it over time and it increases artefact power gains by huge amounts (In the thousands of percent I think). It's done to make it easier to have off specs. Blizzard probably have a blue post about it around somewhere.