Deleted

So I just killed an ally - as resto shaman

I've been toying with my shaman, gearing him up with invasions and doing mythic dungeons for s&g.

Long story short, at one point, a guy died in shadowmoon after sitting at low hp for a while, and I got the kill. It said so in the combat text. You killed Somedude-Aman'Thul. What the heck could have caused this? There was no mind control at work, nor any abilities that deal friendly fire. The log doesn't say anything either, except that I killed him and he died.

What gives? Can ancestral vigor somehow do that?

If doing invasions it could have been something as simple as you healing him drew the attention of a "named" demon and it destroyed him. Or you ran past him with the aggro of a demon and it did some attack that got him caught in the crossfire. Other than that I can't really think of one unless he had some weird debuff on him from a demon that hurt him if he got healed or got a good buff from someone. I know there's one that does more damage the more a player moves, if you gave him a speed increase buff that probably did it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    If doing invasions it could have been something as simple as you healing him drew the attention of a "named" demon and it destroyed him. Or you ran past him with the aggro of a demon and it did some attack that got him caught in the crossfire. Other than that I can't really think of one unless he had some weird debuff on him from a demon that hurt him if he got healed or got a good buff from someone. I know there's one that does more damage the more a player moves, if you gave him a speed increase buff that probably did it
    They would all be demon - killed xyz though, If you got aggro and the demon went for you and someone got killed as the demon ran past its the demons ability that killed then and log would kill credit the demon.

As to OP I dont know if Vigor CAN but id assume if he had vigor buff and dropped below 10% hp when vigor wore if it just shaved the hp it boosted off rather than keeping the same % of hp which would probably credit the kill to you.

Ancestral Vigor just raises maximum HP, unless you are at 91% or above you don't lose any actual hitpoints when it falls off.

So it sounds like a bug, maybe AV fell of in the exact same ms when a demon landed the killing blow and the combat log just registers the last action as cause of death, idk.