Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Invasion weapon gathering

What is the least amount of classes needed to gather every single invasion weapon? I want to get them all for transmog, but I really don't feel like cycling through every single character to get every single weapon - if I can get multiple weapons on one character, that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Paladin: 1h str, 2h str, and 1h int mace
    Warlock or Mage: 1h int sword and wand
    Hunter: bow and agi polearm
    Rogue: dagger and 1h agi
    DH: glaive and 1h agi

I think that covers all of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Paladin: 1h str, 2h str, and 1h int mace
    Warlock or Mage: 1h int sword and wand
    Hunter: bow and agi polearm
    Rogue: dagger and 1h agi
    DH: glaive and 1h agi

I think that covers all of 'em.
    So there is no Staff? I am playing RDruid.. so I dont have to even try to farm a weapon?
    BTW: Fcku 1hd w/ offhand!
    Last edited by Wild; 2016-08-25 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    So there is no Staff? I am playing RDruid.. so I dont have to even try to farm a weapon?
    For healers there's only a 1h mace (and no Offhand). And no, why farm it? In 5 days it's for the trash.

You can also just buy the glaive, so you don't need to farm it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    For healers there's only a 1h mace (and no Offhand). And no, why farm it? In 5 days it's for the trash.
    Unique transmogs

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    [...] In 5 days it's for the trash.
    True. Thats actually what I thought last nite, farming Invasions. I was like: WTF am I even doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    True. Thats actually what I thought last nite, farming Invasions. I was like: WTF am I even doing here?

Still doing the same. Farming the f* second mace for my Windwalker. After a dozen legs, gloves, chest pieces and shoulders I just gave it up.

Deleted
    I did it with 5
    DK: 1h str, 2h str
    Rogue: agi mace, dagger
    WL: int sword, wand
    priest: int mace (wand ... oh so many wands)
    Hunter: bow, agi polearm

I just boght the glaive it's only 100 shards.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's for transmog, remember you can use any char from lvl 10 to farm them. a lvl 10 with heirlooms are quite awesome in the invasions.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What is the least amount of classes needed to gather every single invasion weapon? I want to get them all for transmog, but I really don't feel like cycling through every single character to get every single weapon - if I can get multiple weapons on one character, that would be great.
    I am not really sure that it makes real difference.

The way it works is that most specs have specific weapon assigned to it. What this means is that choosing your loot preference, you can farm for a specific weapon. This is good thing because it prevents you from getting duplicate weapons.

In practice this means setting your loot preference to that spec until the weapon drops, then change your loot spec (switching to another character if necessary). If you have the relevant characters I am not really sure it will help you much to try and minimise which ones since you would still basically be farming for one item at a time.

However there are two exceptions: The 1H sword and the wand don't have any specs exclusively dedicated to it. In other words, while farming for them, you may accidentally get another weapon, which you may already have. (wand/sword for mage/lock or sword/1H mace for MW monk/holydin, wand/1H mace for priests).

So, choose a toon to farm for the sword first: Use a mage/lock then the wand might drop first, in which case you'd switch to a MW Monk/Holydin because then at least you won't get a duplicate wand, although you might get a 1H mace. If the sword drops first, switch to a priest to farm the wand, since you'd then get the mace instead of a duplicate sword. This way you'd only need to farm for the 1H mace if you didn't get it while farming for the other two.

What you don't want to do is use a MW monk to farm for the sword before you have the wand, because that means you'll have to go back and farm the wand with your mage/priest/lock anyway. And you don't want your MW to farm for the mace if you already have the sword, because then you have a 50% chance of getting another sword which you don't need, instead of the mace. Rather use the Ele Shaman who can't get another weapon.

Anyhow: Here is a full analysis:

You have to use a hunter to get the bow using MM or BM. You can use switch loot spec to Surv once you have the bow to get your polearm. (You can ofc do Surv first then MM/BM, it makes no difference).

You have to use a rogue to get the dagger. Your rogue can then get the 1H agi axe (remember to switch spec)

You have to use one of Mage/Lock/Priest to get the wand.

You have to use one of Warrior, DK, Pally to get the 1H strength axe and 2H mace.

This will leave the 1H Sword and the 1H Mace which could be done with a holydin, but it might make sense to use up to two extra classes to reduce the chance of duplicate weapons dropping. Your choice would really depend on whether you chose to use a priest or mage/lock and what dropped for them, but it is possible that it might make sense to use 2 extra classes to avoid the chance of duplicates.

eg, start with a mage/lock. If the wand drops first, switch to holydin. If the sword drops next, then switch to Ele Shaman. or start with mage/lock. If the sword drops first, switch to priest. If the mace drops next, then you can use any of priest/mage/lock/holydin to continue.

TL;DR:

You could get away with: Hunter; Rogue; Pally; Mage or Priest or Warlock.
    You'll be done quicker if you're prepared to use a greater variety of classes and adapt according to what drops when farming for the 1H sword and wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Only weapon I haven't got is the dagger but that's because I don't have a rogue, and I don't really want to lvl another character.
    No need to level it significantly.
    The invasions and rewards scale to some extent to your level.
    So simply take a rogue either in, or loot specced to Assassination or Subtlety.
    Level 10 is the minimum it scales to, so even if you have to level it to that, it won't take long.
    Though I don't think that is even a requirement.

The weapons and armor will be looted from the chests still, you can't actually use their appearances until level 98.
    They are added to your collection regardless.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-25 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Its a bit troublesome that there is no off-hand item when my Warlock no matter my choice keeps getting the Sword. Same trouble for my Mage, which is why both run about with the PVP-710
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no offhand!?!?!

The graphics for the 1 handers are absolutely amazing. I think all the weapons are worth farming for.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    The graphics for the 1 handers are absolutely amazing. I think all the weapons are worth farming for.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=141601/hellfury-longbow

Touche. MOST are worth it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    the staff xmog comes from the broken shore event
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Only weapon I haven't got is the dagger but that's because I don't have a rogue, and I don't really want to lvl another character.
    Get a rogue to level 10, go sit in invasions. The weapons drop at ALL levels. Just get the dagger and delete the char.

THanks for the info guys. Thankfully I have access to all those chars and/or a free slot or two to get what I need.

I'm also highly disappointed that some weapons don't drop, but were initially in the game. Like 2h swords and axes. Now all we get is a shitty looking 2h mace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

AFK invasions, pick up the chests, easy 100g while alt tabbed.