Deleted

How are the recipe ranks obtained?

I researched on this yesterday, but I have found only sources explaining that there will be different ranks available for crafting an item, and that the higher the rank the lower the resource costs to craft said items are. As far as I understood, you are getting rank 1 of a recipe by doing an quest for you profession trainer.

The only thing I found was a forum post stating that rank 2/3 are drops. My assumption was that you can discover a new rank by crafting an item, but that assumption was just based on common sense. Now I am stumbled, as I planned to level an alch/scribe just to 110 and getting the rank 2/3 recipes just by crafting, I didn't want to play him actively.

The question, my dears:
    - How do you obtain recipe ranks?
    - Rank 1: Quest by profession trainer, is that right?
    - Rank 2: ?
    - Rank 3: ?

Thanks mates!

Yours,
    Sol

They vary. Most of the rank two items can be bought in Dalaran. Some of the rank three recipes can be bought in Dalaran or the underbelly. Some require various faction rep. Some are world drops, some require PvP, etc. There's no one size fits all answer here.

Deleted
    Thanks for the clarification, mate. There it goes, my sophisticated plan to distribute my professions (effectively). That's a death strike to the crafting armada some people possess.

Got the video just for you!