Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    1. Varian died fighting. Like a badass.
    2. Vol'jin died from a stab wound and sitting on a chair.
    3. Alliance is superior
    4. see Number 3.

1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    2) Varian was dead the moment he took two blades through the chest. Guldan just finished him off. Voljin was fel poisoned.
    3) Both Bolvar and Varian died like little bitches. That's two lossss for Aliance - three if you count Jaina going all emo yet again and taking off in a time of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    The reward you get for having a damaged capital over the course of several expansions.

Your poll seems very biased and, for some reason, senselessly hating towards the Alliance/Blizzard? You're rather willingly (or just ignorantly) forgetting the fact that the way he went, is exactly what he would have wanted. It's how the Troll way is; being cremated on a funeral pyre with his spirit gone to (seemingly) join the Loa with his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    2. Vol'jin died from a stab wound and sitting on a chair.
    He died from fel poisoning, not the wound itself. Were it not for Gul'dan blowing him to pieces, Varian would've went the exact same way. Whether from poisoning, or asphyxiating on his own blood, since both of his lungs were perforated by the Legion spears. At least the Horde got to see their leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Just so people know that don't, these toys aren't going to ever get removed. You just need to make a Horde char, make like ~50 gold, and go buy the 3 toys near the Org Harbor.
    Can't. Its phased for event only and up for prepatch only.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    No it isn't. The only thing going away are the pets, invasion gear and toy. The scenario is doable at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Going through this Phase is literally REQUIRED in order to access the Legion expansion. If they removed it after prepatch, that means they removed the whole Legion expansion. These quests are staying, at the very least, until the 1st content patch of Legion. Blizzard has stated on several occasions that once you complete these quests on 1 character, you'll even have the option of skipping them on your alts.

they have been "event only" alrdy two times :I

Deleted
    Did the horde ever errect something in honor of their fallen?

The closest thing i recall is the tusks/skull of mannoroth... And even those were not in Grom's memory and was more of a memory of their victory over the legion and breaking their curse.

For comparison; the remembrance of the dead event:

- Alliance goes to honor Uther at his tomb in WPL.
    - Horde goes to honor Grom to the place he died; at the glaive of the demon he slew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    2) Varian was dead the moment he took two blades through the chest. Guldan just finished him off. Voljin was fel poisoned.
    3) Both Bolvar and Varian died like little bitches. That's two lossss for Aliance - three if you count Jaina going all emo yet again and taking off in a time of war.
    Soo much objectivity here...
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-25 at 06:48 AM.

Vol'Jin gets to live on as a spirit now, like the other Trolls. Should I make an idiotic poll about how Varian got shafted by just flat-out dying as a human?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Your poll seems very biased and, for some reason, senselessly hating towards the Alliance/Blizzard? You're rather willingly (or just ignorantly) forgetting the fact that the way he went, is exactly what he would have wanted. It's how the Troll way is; being cremated on a funeral pyre with his spirit gone to (seemingly) join the Loa with his father.
    I only made the poll on impulse, but listed the reasons I could think of. I'm sure I left out some options that others will come up with. Option one basically says the characters were of different stature so it's only natural one got a monument and the other didn't. Option two says it's a cultural or personality thing. Option three is more subtle; the idea is that Horde are the outcast races, the underdogs, and are meant for players drawn to that motif. Option four implies that Blizz just doesn't care about balancing lore between factions and races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Vol'Jin gets to live on as a spirit now, like the other Trolls. Should I make an idiotic poll about how Varian got shafted by just flat-out dying as a human?
    Varian's end was EPIC! I don't think Blizz has ever written a finer death scene. That cinematic will live on in WoW lore for as long as the game is played.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You got a funeral cutscene and voice acting so stfu.

What a biased and stupid question and poll. You could very well argue Horde favoritism since we got an extra kick ass cinematic to clarify the succession of Warchief while Alliance get nothing of the sort. Where's their cinematic covering Varian's funeral and Anduin's ascension to the throne?

Is it too much to ask for people to stop looking in their neighbour's plate to bitch about them having more? Jfc
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Orgrimmar was updated several times since Cata. Stormwing was waiting 6 years to have remains of park repaired.
    And horde got one cutscene more, while in SW, it was scripted movement of NPCs sometimes barely visible through masses of players.

Oh hey look, a massive spoiler right in the title.

Fuck you OP

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaofsorrow View Post
    vol'jin killed the demon that stabbed him, varian is a pile of feldust with out even scratching gul'dan
    Did somebody hurt your feelings? Yea,good job,killed one random fel guard, while Varian blowed up a whole Fel Reaver and took down numbers of Fel guards,before dropping his sword,yet dared to defy gul'dan.The actions of Vol'jin at the Broken Shore are simply pathetic,if not to say more.

Deleted
    Different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

Fuck you OP
    ? I'm not talking about something in the test realms. This is current content, right now on Live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

Fuck you OP
    How is it a spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    ? I'm not talking about something in the test realms. This is current content, right now on Live.
    There are people who come back when the expansion goes lives, not a few weeks prior.

For the record, I play both factions. Always have and always will. It's the only way to see the whole story. I am often puzzled by Blizz's writing choices, but I still enjoy the game or I wouldn't be here. That's what forums are for, right? To discuss questions and ideas about the game?