Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hitler's scapegoating of the Jews wasn't just because some Jewish people made fun of him and he couldn't deal. There was a great deal of thought, some of it passing as science, using skewed statistics, misinformation, and downright lies to place the blame on an ethnic-religious population for completely invented reasons in order to create a scapegoat to rally public anger and resentment around to place fascistic war mongering leaders in power based around the concept of a nation that lost its stature in the world and must take any measures to reclaim it.

Draw what parallels with contemporary politicians from that what you will.
    Both Trump and Clinton do that. I will this about Trump though, whom I despise. At least the people he scapegoats aren't actually US citizens, by in large.

edit:because i know someone is going to post some cheeky ass link to some dumb fucking thing that man has said, I mean non US muslims obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, you are confusing state ownership, with public ownership. That's why it's fascist, instead of communist. If you need any evidance that proletariat had no power in USSR, look no further than Holomodor. Also, remember that Stalin signed a none intervention pact with Nazi Germany. They were not as close allies as Italy or Japan, but they were next in line. In fact, betraying the pact was the biggest mistake Hitler made in WW2.
    Not confusing anything actually, this is the definition of communism. The private property is abolished and instead handled by the state, which enact the fact there are no "owners" but "users". This is how communist parties everywhere in the world operated in the last century.

Saying that this isnt communism is like saying Mussolini wasnt a fascist because one of the pillar of fascism is glory gained through victory at war. And since Mussolini got demolished by the allies it must mean that fascism has never "truly been tried".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Not confusing anything actually, this is the definition of communism. The private property is abolished and instead handled by the state, which enact the fact there are no "owners" but "users". This is how communist parties everywhere in the world operated in the last century.
    That´s not the definition of communism.
    In political and social sciences, communism is a social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state.

With establishing the nomenklatura the 'communists' acted against the establishment of a communist society.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That´s not the definition of communism.
    In political and social sciences, communism is a social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state.
    That is the "social science" definition of communism. Now many communist parties existed through life, and they all seized power through the state and never abandonned it, that's the reality vs the theory and you cant ignore either of these.
    Much like fascism who doesnt have a real ideology in its origin, we base its definition on the facts and leaders who carried it and therefore can assocy the most common traits (Racism, authoritarianism, nationalism).

Even if you disregard all of the above and look only at the theory, Stalin was much closer to communism than he was to fascism
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2016-08-26 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    The perspective in that picture is all kinds of whacked; especially in the foreground
    If he alredy was a master artist, he would not have to study at art school.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is the "social science" definition of communism. Now many communist parties existed through life, and they all seized power through the state and never abandonned it, that's the reality vs the theory and you cant ignore either of these.
    Much like fascism who doesnt have a real ideology in its origin, we base its definition on the facts and leaders who carried it and therefore can assocy the most common traits (Racism, authoritarianism, nationalism).

Even if you disregard all of the above and look only at the theory, Stalin was much closer to communism than he was to fascism
    Well i´m sorry but if something isn´t like it´s defined then i wouldn´t call it that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_communism
    Here´s something to read for you.

Yeah, communism has a real ideology, them using it in word only isn´t making their actions communistic. Just like North Korea is a Republic by name only.

Stalin was much closer to fascism than he was to communism:
    The soviet union was authoritarian nationalism from the mid 1930s on.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Hitler's scapegoating of the Jews wasn't just because some Jewish people made fun of him and he couldn't deal. There was a great deal of thought, some of it passing as science, using skewed statistics, misinformation, and downright lies to place the blame on an ethnic-religious population for completely invented reasons in order to create a scapegoat to rally public anger and resentment around to place fascistic war mongering leaders in power based around the concept of a nation that lost its stature in the world and must take any measures to reclaim it.

Draw what parallels with contemporary politicians from that what you will.

jews have been hated ever since Christianity took foothold in Europe(killed jesus lol) and right up until WW2. in my country...jews was outright by law not welcome. after the world war...everyone have been pointing at the germans/Nazis.

but the fact is...they were hated or disliked basically everywhere on the continent. this were conveniently swept under the carpet after the war
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-08-26 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Those highlighted things sound familiar as well dont they.

Hate... similiary to how modern activists hate established classes these days. White cis male is today what were jews back in his day.
    Youth... similiary to how modern activists are also young and therefore inexperienced.
    Purposely didn't lend any effort... similiary to how modern activists can be reffered to as slacktivists and keyboard warriors.
    Regret... similiary to how modern activists will regret their actions just like he did.
    Hahahahaha. Good joke man! It's like those failed logic-memes going around. Top class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I graduated with a BA in arts and graphic design, in your face Hitler...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Fascism imply he was enacting a policy based on private ownership, he wasnt. He was therefore (surprise) a communist.

fascist have nothing to do with economy lol....its about racism and patriotism/nationalism. christ people are ignorant

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I wanted to dig deeper into the reasoning behind calling Hitler a "failed liberal art student".
    To be fair, he only failed academically. His work itself is actually fairly good if you look it up.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    fascist have nothing to do with economy lol....its about racism and patriotism/nationalism. christ people are ignorant
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism

Fascism
    [fash-iz-uh m]
    1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
    You're right. People are ignorant.

Well i´m sorry but if something isn´t like it´s defined then i wouldn´t call it that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_communism
    Here´s something to read for you.

Yeah, communism has a real ideology, them using it in word only isn´t making their actions communistic. Just like North Korea is a Republic by name only.

Stalin was much closer to fascism than he was to communism:
    The soviet union was authoritarian nationalism from the mid 1930s on.
    That's the "left communism", not the actual communism. I know there are several branches in ideology including people who criticize it, just like there are branch in fascism (Italian fascism was very different of Nazi germany, especially on races) but that doesnt erase the facts.
    Communism acknowledge the need of the state, the "proletariat state" that is supposed to create the transition to the classless society, it's been tried by many parties that called themselves and were called "communist parties" and it never passed step 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Hitler was a good boy and he should have been coddled for his art? Jesus tapdancing Christ NOTHING excuses him for what he did.

then he became invested in current affairs and saw that a 1.4% minority controlled the vast majority of the banking/media/entertainment industries.

because shit like that happens....complete coincidence

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the "left communism", not the actual communism. I know there are several branches in ideology including people who criticize it, just like there are branch in fascism (Italian fascism was very different of Nazi germany, especially on races) but that doesnt erase the facts.
    Communism acknowledge the need of the state, the "proletariat state" that is supposed to create the transition to the classless society, it's been tried by many parties that called themselves and were called "communist parties" and it never passed step 1.
    Exactly, they never passed step 1, but passing step 1 is cruicial to communism. They all went the athoritarian nationalistic way and that´s fascism.

Exactly, they never passed step 1, but passing step 1 is cruicial to communism. They all went the athoritarian nationalistic way and that´s fascism.
    So we're back to square 1. Mussolini cannot be a fascist because fascism imply glory through victory at war, and he failed miserably.
    Stalin cant be a fascist because he doesnt respect private property and never enforced real nationalism, more like repressed it when he could and then switched to a form where you could sing the "glory of the union of the proletariat"

If we follow your logic, fascism nor communism never existed, that's not a reasonable way to see the world. Those ideologies had original concept and objectives, they were attempted and the real-world results just happened to be different from the theory.

15+ Year Old Account
    So we're back to square 1. Mussolini cannot be a fascist because fascism imply glory through victory at war, and he failed miserably.
    Stalin cant be a fascist because he doesnt respect private property and never enforced real nationalism, more like repressed it when he could and then switched to a form where you could sing the "glory of the union of the proletariat"

If we follow your logic, fascism nor communism never existed, that's not a reasonable way to see the world. Those ideologies had original concept and objectives, they were attempted and the real-world results just happened to be different from the theory.
    Fascism imply glory through victory at war? What the hell are you talking about?

Fascism respects private property? Seriously? A dictator respecting private property?

True communism never existed, that´s right. It was always and ever an ideal people used but never actually tried to achieve. At least i´m not aware of a classless community in recent times (the past 5000+ years)