Page 1 of 2
LastLast

greatest raid challenge of all time

hide ui =D do you think anyone would be able to clear a mythic raid in legion without ui shown?

Honestly? Not without getting carried.

oh i thought this was what is the greatest challenge.

was going to reply:

Pre-Nerf Muuru....

but yeah you couldnt do Mythic without UI. to much shit to see.

are you talking full UI hide like Hp/Hud/map/ all interaface options with the Alt+Z Command?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Well, have you thought about that question yourself for a second ? How are healers supposed to heal, if they have zero indication of player's health? It's probably not possible unless you outgeared the content completely and just spam healing without even having to think about running out of mana.

"I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome i am" achievement
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, that would never be possible. Healers not seeing where healing is needed, tanks not able to know when to switch. Honestly you need to consider this for just about 4.7 seconds to know that it would not be possible.

Deleted
    You can't reasonably do raid bosses without showing the UI. No UI means no boss mods either... and now check past raid challenges that had no working boss mods or UI tweaks to assist you with...

...think about the hardest one of them with the most failures...

...exactly! The Serpentshrine elevator.

Do you want to go back to doing that? No. So no UI raiding is a bad idea too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be the undying title... never did get it... damn rogues with tunnel vision on KT

Deleted
    We managed to do this in dread palace hard mode in SWTOR 3.0. Took a loooong time and practice. Hardest part was having people call out when they were targeted for healers to heal them once we had a feel for the average damage abilities did.

Deleted
    Regnaros heroic 25.

But seriously, that sounds like an incredibly tough challenge. This game is all about information. That would have no information with the exception of a few animations.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be easier than we think at first. For example the boss abilities can in many bosses be predicted by the animations within a time distance of a few seconds before they happen.

The specs themselves might be trickier but I believe you could do it more or less. The defensives for example can be second nature, and even some offensive abilities.

That does not assume cheating with external tracking programs of course.

So yeah, I think it's doable, with practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I think it would be the undying title... never did get it... damn rogues with tunnel vision on KT
    It's always the rogues, no idea why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagidin View Post
    It's always the rogues, no idea why.
    best attempt we had a rogue died in the void zone on KT, never heard Vent so silent.

A fight like Durumu using a heavy colorblind mode without being colorblind might be quite hard.

Also, raiding with the screen turned upside down (it feels like using your off hand to shave or better ye using scissor, in front of a mirror lol)

The classic no key binds. Always challenging.

My personal favorite is, if possible, using a steering wheels and pedals instead of mice+kb.

best attempt we had a rogue died in the void zone on KT, never heard Vent so silent.
    Sadly I've had that happen twice. Same rogue both times which pissed us off.

Could likely make use of WA sound effects for proc reactions and maybe a desk timer to track cooldowns. Could rely on your raid leader and in game sound effects for mechanics.

It wouldn't be as simple as using a good weakauras setup and boss mods, but I don't think that it would be horrible. I wouldn't even attempt this on a healer, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you allowed to use/see Tidy Plates? This is pretty damn difficult to do though. Once you do it a few times with sound. It'll become easier and more reflex like.

My guild is going to try no strategy reads. Might want to throw in no DBM to make it fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

My personal favorite is, if possible, using a steering wheels and pedals instead of mice+kb.
    We actually did try this with my friend on ToT cant remember the boss exactly on top of my head but it was really a fun challenge especially when laughing your ass off
    Have to try it again on legion if possible and maybe video clip it to youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by umbak View Post
    We managed to do this in dread palace hard mode in SWTOR 3.0. Took a loooong time and practice. Hardest part was having people call out when they were targeted for healers to heal them once we had a feel for the average damage abilities did.
    Hello fellow (ex?)swtorian To be fair, this is much easier to accomplish in swtor due to smaller raid size (I assume you did 8 man and not 16 man - /clap if it was 16) and the total lack of UI information such as boss skill timers or raid warnings that are standard in WoW. But nice feat anyway, you really must have been bored

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Regnaros heroic 25.

But seriously, that sounds like an incredibly tough challenge. This game is all about information. That would have no information with the exception of a few animations.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be easier than we think at first. For example the boss abilities can in many bosses be predicted by the animations within a time distance of a few seconds before they happen.

The specs themselves might be trickier but I believe you could do it more or less. The defensives for example can be second nature, and even some offensive abilities.

That does not assume cheating with external tracking programs of course.

So yeah, I think it's doable, with practice.

Heroic Ragnaros PRE NERF was the hardest.. holy shit have you see all those gesypers? ONE STEP AND UR FUCKED!

Deleted
    Funny thing is, I got the title very early into t7 in some family&friend/twink run and only realized I had it when my later guild started to finish the meta for plagued protodrake.