Playing on a us server question

Im from europe but im considering playing my main on a us server because i work during evening and i wont be able to raid if i play on europe since most raids are during evenings , the question is do i have to buy an us version to play on a us server or can i switch servers just like i do with hearthstone? (i cant find this option yet). Lastly is the lag fine for those who do that?

I started on US servers, but them moved to the EU and I had the same problem. You will have to buy a US version and you will have around 200ms latency on average on US servers from Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before there was raiding guilds that raid during night time on EU not sure if they exist now or not. As for US, your latency might be different on different servers, because some servers located in Chicago, Illinois and some servers located in Irvine, California (and also other US locations)

So if you will have bad latency on X server try checking your latency on other US servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Im from europe but im considering playing my main on a us server because i work during evening and i wont be able to raid if i play on europe since most raids are during evenings , the question is do i have to buy an us version to play on a us server or can i switch servers just like i do with hearthstone? (i cant find this option yet). Lastly is the lag fine for those who do that?
    Play in the closest region to where you are located. Primarily for ping reasons. There are many guilds that raid in "off-times" for their region because of issues similar to yours. If I was in your shoes, I would play on an EU server for your country/language, and just browse the forums for a guild that matches your schedule.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

Do i have to buy wod and battlechest besides legion to play on an us server? or legion is enough?

Deleted
    Do i have to buy wod and battlechest besides legion to play on an us server? or legion is enough?
    I am from europe, i play in US servers, and i have to tell you, you are not gonna be able to raid here, unless you play on weekends.
    Also in Eu servers people play as late as 22.00 PM to 01:00 AM so i do not get which are those raiding time problems you say you have because you can not play in the evenings.
    the lag is a non issue, for raiding at least, but as @Krieger said you would better stay in EU servers.

the lag will make you not worth raiding with.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Well I play on an EU server while living in the US and I don't even notice the lag tbh.

And I played on EU server while I was actually living in europe for like 6 years so I would be able to tell the difference. Maybe when I start arenaing I'll feel a difference on interrupts etc but in pve I don't notice it.