Poll: What does FF14 do better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What does FFXIV do better?

If you had to pick 1 thing that FFXIV does better than any other MMO, what would it be?

Soundtrack. Kicks GW2, WoWs, ESOs, Wildstars and all the others ass to kingdom come.

I had to pick story, I feel it does a much better job telling one and making you a part of it than any other. But soundtrack is a very close second for me.

Picked story, but patch cycles is a tight race for it...

Picked sound. I feel that no other MMO really comes close at all to the aural mastery this game displays. The story while good, isn't inherently that much better than any others out there.

Been avidly playing BNS lately, and while it too has a nice soundtrack, it's not nearly as good as FF14s. The story though, while not as good as FF14's is pretty close.

I picked story because it does that very well, but I wish I could have chosen more than one. Crafting and Soundtrack are also top notch (and I wish the crafting style was actually used among more games).

Does everything count as one thing? Seriously, if I were going to play an MMO again, it would be FFXIV, no contest at all. If I did have to pick just one thing from the list though, yeah, it would most definitely be the sound. The music is simply amazing. It's the only MMO I have played where I did not just turn the sound off and listen to music or TV while playing, because the music is just that good.

A very very close three way tie for second would be how they keep old content relevant so new players have people to play with/class system with all things available on one character/patch cycles.

The sound is just the one thing that absolutely blew me away though and puts it just a step above the rest.

Patch cycles, followed closely by sound, then I'd nominate crafting as a second honorable mention.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting/Professions.

FFXIV does many things very well and the total package is what sets it above others for me, it's not just one thing. Story, visuals, casual content, solo progression and group progression are all up there for me.... but like I said it's all of these things together with the high level of quality that really set this game above others.

That said, I'd put quality as the thing it does better. Everything this game does is at such a high level of quality, even if you don't particularly enjoy that specific content I think you'd find it hard to argue that it's done at a very high level of quality.

I'm going with sound first, because I am a huge fan of Uematsu's work. Even had the pleasure of meeting him during one of the FF symphony tours. (They need to get him to do at least one cameo song for FFXV!)

Story would be a close 2nd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a threeway tie between Story, soundtrack and release cycle. All three of these are what kept me in the game as long as it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hard choices so I ultimately chose Immersion as I can sometimes get pretty engrossed in whats I'm doing in game or just running around having fun taking screenshots and random videos. Linking story and holiday story bits from years past also plays into this choice.

Sound is definitely top notch along with casual progression, questing, visuals, patches, and crafting.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

If I had to pick just one, the story, compared to Wow mostly, as I haven't played other MMOs in over a decade.

But most of the items on your list I would also say are better in FF than in WoW (except of course the PvP, don't play FFXIV for the PvP, you'll be disappointed).
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Soundtrack. Kicks GW2, WoWs, ESOs, Wildstars and all the others ass to kingdom come.
    FFXI's was great. I could listen to Zi'tah forever.

I could take or leave XIVs, though, really don't think it's better than WoW's. I liked 1.0 when they actually had Uematsu on board then they got the new guy and... meh. Sounds like a generic, low budget JRPG.

As for what it does best: paying proper homage to classical Final Fantasy and being a nice, casual, story driven MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    FFXI's was great. I could listen to Zi'tah forever.

I could take or leave XIVs, though, really don't think it's better than WoW's. I liked 1.0 when they actually had Uematsu on board then they got the new guy and... meh. Sounds like a generic, low budget JRPG.

As for what it does best: paying proper homage to classical Final Fantasy and being a nice, casual, story driven MMO.
    I have to disagree. Thordan EX, Coil music, Answers, Dragonsong to name a few. A bonus goes to the A8 music I mean yes it's a remix in phase 2 but it is just so well done. Just our opinions though. GW2 does knock them all out of the water with one song that I recommend you check out called "Fear Not this Night"

Everything but pvp for me, pvp is bad in ffxiv

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

thoroughly enjoying the game. story is fun, class combos etc. But, for music, i put the game on mute. im much more a fan of yasunori mitsuda's music, so i just load up my chrono trigger and chrono cross soundtracks and put on repeat

Actual housing, all old content remains somewhat relevant in some ways, as do all items...Crafting is definitely fun and very immersive!

Battle themes.

Story is just as I'd expect from FF series, add dramatic and athmospheric music to the cutscenes, lovely.