Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All I wanna say is that its a huge wonder to me how blizzads think maul is OK as its current form. Only time its any good would be if you don't tank, as off-tank in a raid (And how many of the playbase is that...) or you may only do single target dmg.

Swipe does twice the damage as maul man....Blizzards it's numbers. Get it right, not the hardest thing to get correct.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

They have said before that they don't like the trade-off between damage and survival, and having maul do basically no damage is the result of that, so can chose to never use it at all and "lose" only minimal damage.

Personally, I really like not using Maul most of the time, and having our damage coming from other spells, instead of feeling the need to decide when to dump rage into damage or survivability, because lets face it, they wouldn't just increase our damage output when they change maul, they would re-distribute it from other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Just tested this, the ring does count toward the equip legendary limit.
    They probably hotfixed it then. Some shaman was using 3 legendaries a few days ago.

TBH i wouldnt mind gettign rid of maul entirely. I don't find that much appeal in it anymore mechanically. I'd rather have a damage ragedump on the GCD rather than promote carpal tunnel more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    TBH i wouldnt mind gettign rid of maul entirely. I don't find that much appeal in it anymore mechanically. I'd rather have a damage ragedump on the GCD rather than promote carpal tunnel more.
    Would prefer anything over maul currently. Maybe a focused ragelike for thrash/mangle.

Deleted
    I wonder why Maul can't be made into a high threat ability given we seem to lose aggro to other tanks as soon the taunt wears off.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2016-10-18 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    I wonder why Maul can't be made into a high threat ability given we seem to lose aggro to other tanks as soon the taunt wears off.
    Just fold the threat into Guardian Moonfire or Frenzied heals.

That would be even worse, it would then practically require pressing Maul even more so then some damage.
    If they want to increase threat, they should do it other ways.

On that note, I co-tank with a Demon Hunter, and I don't really lose threat. I didn't notice a single EN encounter where this was a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    'cause we more or less need to spend all our rage on defense to live, can't spare any for threat.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I just kinda wanna go back to TBC/WOTLK guardian. Then again I enjoy semi-easy aggro, and do max damage as tank with only CDs to worry about for survival...play style.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

you want to spam lacerate all day only?

Deleted
    So is the Darkmoon trinket still worth buying post-nerf? Considering it would get me to around 70k to get it to 7/7.

I'll mostly be doing M+ up to 10 and Heroic raiding on the druid.
    Last edited by mmocd98a93b720; 2016-10-19 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on what else you have available. It is a solid trinket for pretty much all purposes.

Deleted
    Not much, this is the last tank I'm gearing. I have a dodge trinket from timewalking @820 and one from EoA @855

Deleted
    If the gold doesn't hurt you too much, get it. Should be quite the upgrade for you.

Hi, I have a question.

When I first build my artifact, I went for gory fur first, then branched to embrace of the nightmare from that, which made me take roar of the crowd and mauler.

So I'm wondering if it's worth it for my to just re-spec to go through the other side branch instead? I'm only 17 points in so it's not too expensive, and I have the points right now to do it.

here's my build right nowI know I need to change my relics, but I went with what I got so far)
    Guardian build

Should I reset now or continue on? does it really matter that much? I don't do mythic raiding(obviously) or even M+ at all, so, I'm wondering.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    Hi, I have a question.

When I first build my artifact, I went for gory fur first, then branched to embrace of the nightmare from that, which made me take roar of the crowd and mauler.

So I'm wondering if it's worth it for my to just re-spec to go through the other side branch instead? I'm only 17 points in so it's not too expensive, and I have the points right now to do it.

here's my build right nowI know I need to change my relics, but I went with what I got so far)
    Guardian build

Should I reset now or continue on? does it really matter that much? I don't do mythic raiding(obviously) or even M+ at all, so, I'm wondering.
    If you're not doing mythic+ then the traits on the topright are no big deal. The biggest one you're missing is the 30% thrash damage. Which is noticeable in solo content, but not a gamebreaker.

Deleted
    Hello, 1 questions, i see that next week is 7.1 which introduces us to "Lightning reflexes - 100% of the critical strike rating is applied as dodge rating". In this case critical chance > dodge would become our main stat?

Quote Originally Posted by aidda1 View Post
    Hello, 1 questions, i see that next week is 7.1 which introduces us to "Lightning reflexes - 100% of the critical strike rating is applied as dodge rating". In this case critical chance > dodge would become our main stat?
    This mechanic has existed for bears ever since 7.0 went live, and no, Crit is still our worst stat. 7.1 just adds a visible passive in-game, but the effect isnt new.

Retraining your artifact traits is never worth it imo, each point gives damage and hp after all.