Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    overall damage mitigation means nothing if incarnation is just a cd thats up every 30sec.
    maul should never be ever used over mangle or thrash... you should replace swipes with it, even if maul did way more damage than mangle and thrash. Don't know why you even thought about making it your #1 priority ability :P

Speaking of Maul you can reduce the cost of it to 36 with the old WoD tier. You know, if you ever want to min-max the DPS in timewalking or the Chromie scenario lol.

At 6 targets, Maul isn't even worth using over Swipe.
    Should be 7 targets actually (assuming no mauler relics and no GG talented), no?

Swipe deals 146% physical damage, so 876% for 6 targets. Maul deals 750% physical damage, but has 20% increased crit chance, pretty much the same as 900% physical damage I guess.

I've found with my current Thrash-oriented gear that Thrash and Mangle having priority over Maul (regardless of rage levels) is a DPS gain versus putting Maul ahead of either of those two abilities.
    Probably true, however you'll always have that global for maul when both mangle and thrash are on cooldown before hitting the rage cap, it simply replaces swipe as filler from time to time. Even if gore had a 100% proc chance, you'd mangle thrash mangle maul/swipe mangle thrash and so on, there's always at least one non-mangle filler spell between two thrashes (outside of incarnation), in reality usually two. If you're somehow sitting at 100 rage, you're swiping way too often.

I've found that Incarnation has actually surpassed GG for pure overall damage reduction when comes to melee or light magic damage encounters regardless of fight duration.
    No math done on GG vs incarnation defensively, however if you have LatC, you gain a ton of free rage from the second passive moonfire on every GG proc, quite insane in heavy aoe fights actually, extreme example (skorp with as much padding as possible) log here, got over 500 rage from the shoulders alone, I think that surely beats incarnations 15% armor increase with 15% uptime defensively?

Definitely feels amazing to gain like 50 rage from two or three swipes or so.

Pumps can you fix doc in Tos Bis with add 2 best legendary? Because if use Elize cant use Demonic Inquisition pants.

Deleted
    Since we are probably going to switch leggies during progress, you will want to have replacement pants and wrists for when you need to play more defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by davidrm15 View Post
    Pumps can you fix doc in Tos Bis with add 2 best legendary? Because if use Elize cant use Demonic Inquisition pants.
    Good legendaries trump pieces with good stats everytime. So if you wear Elize because its good, passing on some pants is not something you should feel bad about.
    Same reason many of us passed on the T19 tier chest piece at the beginning, because Eko is better defensively, even if the tier had vers/mastery on it.

On that note, the Tomb BiS list in the Google Doc seems slightly confused (or maybe old?). It claims gloves are the worst tier piece with crit/haste, however, actually the gloves have vers/mastery and are therefor like the best?
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-06-21 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Good legendaries trump pieces with good stats everytime. So if you wear Elize because its good, passing on some pants is not something you should feel bad about.
    Same reason many of us passed on the T19 tier chest piece at the beginning, because Eko is better defensively, even if the tier had vers/mastery on it.

On that note, the Tomb BiS list in the Google Doc seems slightly confused (or maybe old?). It claims gloves are the worst tier piece with crit/haste, however, actually the gloves have vers/mastery and are therefor like the best?
    Do you have a link to the BiS list? I couldn't find it in the OP.

Cheers

Do you have a link to the BiS list? I couldn't find it in the OP.
    Anything that's 955. Doesn't matter where it titanforged :P

---

Got the new ring and cloak today; cleared normal with cloak + LatC (except for KJ), didn't really know much about the encounters so lots of room for improvement (from a pure dps view: didn't use brambles, not much mauling, somewhat random cooldown + potion usage, bad positioning at times and so on), but it seemed...decent-ish overall?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/981545/13/

Heroic tomorrow, I still believe in arcane bear ^_^

Deleted
    Have started on heroic yesterday with 6/9 bosses down so far. Damage seems pretty low on most fights, but that is probably just a gear issue. Holding off judgement till we see mythic. I hope that arcane bear can be a thing, on the other hand it would suck to have to farm boomkin leggies.

Deleted
    Hello, the appended googledocs for this guide doenst say anything about the new scintillating moonlight relic and states that ursocs endurance is the strongest. Isnt the guide updated yet or is trait so bad that it isnt even worth considering?

cheers

Deleted
    anyone can provide me the link please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldrez View Post
    Hello, the appended googledocs for this guide doenst say anything about the new scintillating moonlight relic and states that ursocs endurance is the strongest. Isnt the guide updated yet or is trait so bad that it isnt even worth considering?

cheers
    I think very few of us really consider anything other than Jagged Claw relics. If you really want a defensive option ursocs endurance and scintillating moon should both be fine. If you have T20 set, then the FR trait (Wildflesh) as well.

Hey guys a quick question. After months of crap legendaries I finally got the legs yesterday. Does that mean Rend and Tear all the way, even for single target (3xthrash relics)?

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Hey guys a quick question. After months of crap legendaries I finally got the legs yesterday. Does that mean Rend and Tear all the way, even for single target (3xthrash relics)?
    For dps, yes if you have luffa's.
    There's better options for survival though. Pulverize with a defensive legendary wins against legs+R&T.
    I still want to try out LATC with the new cloak and GG and see how that fares compared to thrash rotation on dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    For dps, yes if you have luffa's.
    There's better options for survival though. Pulverize with a defensive legendary wins against legs+R&T.
    I still want to try out LATC with the new cloak and GG and see how that fares compared to thrash rotation on dps.
    Sorry legs + defensive legendary with better than Puliverize + defensive legendary.
    legs+r&t is 10% less dmg Puliverize is only 9%. Specially now, because we use incarnation instead of GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryana View Post
    Sorry legs + defensive legendary with better than Puliverize + defensive legendary.
    legs+r&t is 10% less dmg Puliverize is only 9%. Specially now, because we use incarnation instead of GG.
    But you could use 2 defensive legendaries + Pulverize, so that should make up for the 1% difference easily.
    Perhaps Chest+Boots, that way you get full synergy from the T20 set as well.

Deleted
    maybe but in the actual setup of raids tanks need to provide a correct dps and without the legs... after for my part i already have all guardian leg. just need to spend my time to upgrade... meaning i will change my talents and legs on every boss.(magical chest boots, etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryana View Post
    Neck/Trinket/Boots is much more than 1% legs will give you extra.
    I'm not saying legs are bad. They're OP, but for dps. Not survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    But you could use 2 defensive legendaries + Pulverize, so that should make up for the 1% difference easily.
    Perhaps Chest+Boots, that way you get full synergy from the T20 set as well.
    That's what I'm going for progress. Swap boots for Luffa's when I'm comfortable to not die.
    Probably back to legs+Luffa when I feel I'm unkillable again though.

Boots are good ofc but extra healing provided usually goes overhealing. If I had all the legendaries, I would prefer such combinations:
    DPS: luffa+elize, r&t and incarnation talented - that's pretty standard build
    Survival: eko+soul ring, pulverize and gg talented (soul of the forest is granted by the ring) - this will maximise passive DR (eko) as well as active DR via extra rage from 2 talents.

I think these are 2 combinations that I would use in raiding. Too bad I dont have eko or elize so now I'm forced to use some variants like DD+soul or Skysec+soul for survival and luffa+cinidaria for dps.