Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The total amount doesn't matter at all, since the drop rates have been buffed so heavily over time. I got like...I don't want to lie, I'm not 100% sure, but like 6 or 7 legendaries since patch 7.2. Just cleared all normal and heroic modes every week (EN, ToV, NH), did a bunch of m+ (like 5-20 per week, depending on affixes), emissary quests every day and received one legendary per week roughly (usually wednesday on reset) since 7.2. Friend of mine is doing the same formula and also has 14 legendaries, gets another one every week

However I was kinda unlucky with legendaries for the most part, sephuz first (the old, slightly shitty version), only got luffa in like march 2017 as 9th legendary, took forever...it's not only about the total amount, but rather how quickly did you get the ones you actually wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    The total amount doesn't matter at all, since the drop rates have been buffed so heavily over time. I got like...I don't want to lie, I'm not 100% sure, but like 6 or 7 legendaries since patch 7.2. Just cleared all normal and heroic modes every week (EN, ToV, NH), did a bunch of m+ (like 5-20 per week, depending on affixes), emissary quests every day and received one legendary per week roughly (usually wednesday on reset) since 7.2. Friend of mine is doing the same formula and also has 14 legendaries, gets another one every week

However I was kinda unlucky with legendaries for the most part, sephuz first (the old, slightly shitty version), only got luffa in like march 2017 as 9th legendary, took forever...it's not only about the total amount, but rather how quickly did you get the ones you actually wanted to?
    I don't think that means they buffed the drop rate, I think you just do a lot over the course of a week, thus upping your personal chances of getting one. I doubt most people are doing 2 full clears of all raids, 20 M+, AND all their emissaries in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Statuette is decent, if you only have one target hitting you. Heart of darkness on high enough item level is pretty good as well. It is pretty hard to get a precise measurement on the value of trinkets for tanks, because there isn't really a good metric to sim for. You can sim total damage taken, but that usually isn't what kills you, and if it does, 9 times out of 10, it is a healer issue. For spike protection, the shield trinkets talisman of the cragshaper/infernal contract are nice, but only if you can make good use of their CD.

Right now, most of us just sim DPS and take what comes out on top.
    I just got a "Darkmoon Deck: Immortality" and all obliterum for it to get 8/8 875ilvl for around 30k gold now. I feelt, what the hell not
    Now for, replace my Raven Eidolon or Majordomo's Dinner Bell?
    And what do you think I should focus on next? Just hope for a stat stick, vers?, from wq? And skip care about dungeons/raids?
    Heart of Darkness can proc from swipe/trash too? Or only single target?
    What dps trinket is easy to get?
    I have a 875 Entwined Elemental Foci but what I understand its reduced proc chance for dps trinkets from nighthold for tanks?
    any other trinket in raid/dungeon I can try get?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    Replace the Eidolon and use Dinner Bell together with the artifact weapon. Stat stick would be nice, but you can use the Entwined Foci as a Agi stat stick, would be a decent combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I don't think that means they buffed the drop rate, I think you just do a lot over the course of a week, thus upping your personal chances of getting one. I doubt most people are doing 2 full clears of all raids, 20 M+, AND all their emissaries in a week.
    Wasn't comparing to most was comparing to myself. And I do more than 20m+ m en/nh h/en/nh n/nh/en

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Wasn't comparing to most was comparing to myself. And I do more than 20m+ m en/nh h/en/nh n/nh/en
    Why are you quoting me when my response was directed at someone else?

Why are you quoting me when my response was directed at someone else?
    His response was directed at me and you tried to explain something that was incorrect.

His response was directed at me and you tried to explain something that was incorrect.
    There's nothing incorrect about my statement. The poster I quoted gave a list of things he does every week and I simply pointed out that it is likely more than the average person does in a week, thus increasing his odds of getting a legendary over the average person. I don't care how much either of you do in a week, I'm not in a competition to see who plays the most.

There's nothing incorrect about my statement. The poster I quoted gave a list of things he does every week and I simply pointed out that it is likely more than the average person does in a week, thus increasing his odds of getting a legendary over the average person. I don't care how much either of you do in a week, I'm not in a competition to see who plays the most.
    Nobody was discussing an average person, it was a comparison between him and I. So you bringing up anyone other than the two people that it was about makes no sense at all.

Replace the Eidolon and use Dinner Bell together with the artifact weapon. Stat stick would be nice, but you can use the Entwined Foci as a Agi stat stick, would be a decent combination.
    But isnt Entwined Elemental Foci reduced proc rate for tanks? ;o
    Ya using Dinner Bell with artifact weapon is something I already do
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    But isnt Entwined Elemental Foci reduced proc rate for tanks? ;o
    Ya using Dinner Bell with artifact weapon is something I already do
    Foci is a parsing trinket since you can get rediculous procs, it does however have the lower proc chance for tanks. And if you're going for damage dinner bell isn't the way to go since it's just stam and a minor on use. With a stat stick you benefit from mainstat/secondary with 100% uptime.

Foci is a parsing trinket since you can get rediculous procs, it does however have the lower proc chance for tanks. And if you're going for damage dinner bell isn't the way to go since it's just stam and a minor on use. With a stat stick you benefit from mainstat/secondary with 100% uptime.
    I know that its kinda random, but someone said I could use it as a dps trinket in tank, but im asking if it isnt reduced proc rate for tanks? As other dps trinket is for other tanks (nh trinkets)

I want to get the most benefit for defensive, I dont care about dps as tank
    I do know a statstick is 100% uptime, but when you dont have any statstick.. thats a problem

Deleted
    Consider it like this: Foci procing 0 times, is still an agi stat stick. You are currently running stamina trinkets which (outside of very, very rare circumstances) do very little for your survivability, so you probably should just switch to the flat agi, which at least gives you some dodge.

Consider it like this: Foci procing 0 times, is still an agi stat stick. You are currently running stamina trinkets which (outside of very, very rare circumstances) do very little for your survivability, so you probably should just switch to the flat agi, which at least gives you some dodge.
    So stamina trinket are so bad?
    But what other trinkets from dungeons/raids should I try get then? For survability and/or "both". I guess as a fast exemepel, 865 angerboda is better then a 875 Foci?

Deleted
    yes 865 memento is most likely better. The Gul'dan trinket (infernal contract, I think) has some value, Horn of Valor comes with passive vers, which is kinda nice. Other than that, maybe shield trinkets like Talisman of the Cragshaper or decently high writhing heart of darkness. Nothing else really comes to mind. Next tier will bring better trinkets.

Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor from Il'gynoth is incredibly good if you can get a high ilvl version of it. I got an 895 and if I sit still for the whole fight its uptime is about 30% - and can be way better if I move around and try to maximize it - and it gives me something like 7% versatility which is just amazing for pretty much every situation.

The uptime of the ichor can be very unpredictable, I've had fights with high uptime and fights with a very low uptime. Overall, I couldn't really put my finger on an average, but its definitely lower then 30%.

With this new nerf to GG, I was wondering if anyone has done any testing/math on how well does SotF perform in a non-dps maximizing rage generation scenario. Is it worth it all? Or does GG still win?

Anyone know if an 875 six feather fan is better than say an 895 memento or 895 agil/vers trinket?

I was just looking at some 7.1.5 chart which has that fan listed pretty high up but I'm not sure how things have changed since.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswadd View Post
    With this new nerf to GG, I was wondering if anyone has done any testing/math on how well does SotF perform in a non-dps maximizing rage generation scenario. Is it worth it all? Or does GG still win?
    Chances are you wont need to worry about rage gen since we are going to be missing an entire defensive rage spender. Even with that gg will probably still be better.

Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Anyone know if an 875 six feather fan is better than say an 895 memento or 895 agil/vers trinket?

I was just looking at some 7.1.5 chart which has that fan listed pretty high up but I'm not sure how things have changed since.
    It's going to be hard to find a trinket better than an 895 memento. And fan wouldn't be close to competitive with any stat stick over 880 just from sheer agi loss.