Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The boots help you quickly get back up to a good health level quicker. I don't care if FR will then overheal, I just want more snap healing after getting low. With 3 FR charges and the new 2p healers can focus on saving other raid members as I'll always be able to use FR.

They're also insane for high m+. Might switch back to legs but I got 950 tier which I'll probably use for the rest of ToS.
    Last edited by Rioo; 2017-06-26 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    I just upgraded boots as my second legendary (Elizes being first), because I feel that they will be very useful for high damage fights. Next leg will be either Chest or Wrists, depending on the tuning of our first mythic bump in the road.

LatC + FoN combination is doing rather well for me in heroic so far (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/981545/13/). Especially on host (physical realm) it's great, 4 targets cleave for quite a long time, gives tons of free rage as well. Probably upgrading eko -> elizes -> luffas next. Sadly lost 35 essences in the quest item/currency bamboozle...

I just found out how awesome we are on kiljaeden with ironfur. Bristling fur is up for every fel slash. Resulting in 0 cooldowns used ever. My cotank DK needs 4 externals and his own CDs to survive

He also can't survive a big meteor without cds. I can easily with just 1 ironfur.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-06-27 at 06:40 AM.

When are you using bristling fur? Right after taunting?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
    When are you using bristling fur? Right after taunting?
    Would assume so - with 8 sec duration and his swing timer. you need to have it "used" before the 5th swing comes and the other tank taunts.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Deleted
    I personally use it when he starts casting Felclaws, it lasts long enough to cover 5 swings.
    I also pool around 20-30 rage (and 1 or 2 stacks of Ironfur) allowing me to use Ironfur after every swing.
    Highest reduction I have had was ~86% by the 4th swing.

It is indeed an amazing talent for this fight.
    On average (12 pulls on HC) I took 1,2 mil hits from the 4th/5th swing with only Ironfur.
    Last edited by mmoc9c6ef7ecd7; 2017-06-27 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically good talents to go with overall would be resto affinity and pulverize, with addition of Bristling Fur for KJ instead of Brambles?

As the second legendary besides the chest - Si ring or FR feet? Long run with seeing how things play out I would say that feet are the best option, though I always end up having SI on CD and the extra charge on it helps a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Basically good talents to go with overall would be resto affinity and pulverize, with addition of Bristling Fur for KJ instead of Brambles?

As the second legendary besides the chest - Si ring or FR feet? Long run with seeing how things play out I would say that feet are the best option, though I always end up having SI on CD and the extra charge on it helps a lot as well.
    I ran with BF and Earthwarden. All he really does is hit you really hard with auto attacks and Earthwarden smoothed out that damage a lot. It does not work on Felclaws though. Also ran with Feral affinity as the extra run speed was nice for getting to Armageddon (tanks can easily soak the two in the intermission), getting the boss in position after knockbacks and getting out of the big void zone in the last phase.

I've also noticed on both my normal and heroic pugs that other guardians don't use skull bash as a free off-GCD charge. It's great for when you're getting pushed back from the purple orb while tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

I would use Bristling Fur, Resto aff., Guardian of Elune(more time to overlap stacks of Ironfur) and R&T with chest and legs.

I noticed that the extra healing from the feet is wasted since I personally don't dip low enough to make use of it.
    After a damage spike: 60-75% HP + 50-60% FR makes the extra 12% kinda useless imo. (Possible that my FR addon is inaccurate and displays FR prediction wrong)

As far as the SI ring goes, I barely use SI on KJ and I don't have it so I don't know how good it could be.

This is what I experienced, it could be different of course with a different group or comp.

For the rest of ToS I would use a combo of legs/chest/luffa/feet depending on the boss. (I don't have any other relevant leggo's)
    The talents you mentiond for overall use are fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    For dps, yes if you have luffa's.
    There's better options for survival though. Pulverize with a defensive legendary wins against legs+R&T.
    I still want to try out LATC with the new cloak and GG and see how that fares compared to thrash rotation on dps.

Can you test that? about that, atm my guild focus to clear heroic, should need focus more in dps or survive? Atm only made 4 H , and dont see any suprise about damage taken , so is correct to use 1 dps legend and 1 defense legend ( for example pants + ekko)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I ran with BF and Earthwarden. All he really does is hit you really hard with auto attacks and Earthwarden smoothed out that damage a lot. It does not work on Felclaws though. Also ran with Feral affinity as the extra run speed was nice for getting to Armageddon (tanks can easily soak the two in the intermission), getting the boss in position after knockbacks and getting out of the big void zone in the last phase.

I've also noticed on both my normal and heroic pugs that other guardians don't use skull bash as a free off-GCD charge. It's great for when you're getting pushed back from the purple orb while tanking.
    I love skull bash and some time when I need to charge back more I go with Wild Charge (shoot me if you want to). Earthwarden seems like a really nice talent. As I am tanking KJ with prot pally the more damage I can handle the better, sadly CR run a lengthy CD timer ; might consider taking that one as well.
    @Galazhan, I don't have legs. Just have the feet (boots), bracers, chest, tanking trinket, SI ring and the general interrupt ring (w/e it's called). I also personally haven't tried the feet yet out, so no logs to check. Just have not used those yet based on what is generally commented here due to over healing. Usually swapping between SI ring/bracers and keeping the chest. But I shall consider the boots and can see, does not hurt to try. Might as well do an entire run (of normal as well as our first few HC) with the combo of chest/boots.

People need to stop using pants really. Boots/neck/soulring with are better defensive options (considering already running chest) and wrist/cloak are better offensive options.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-06-27 at 11:04 PM.

I go full offensive for heroic kj using 2 agi stat sticks as well as luffa and elize and have no issues with fel claws at all. I just save rots and barkskin and throw in a couple frenzied regens for the claws and in phase 2 when you get a 2nd set of claws with your rots and barkskin on cd i just use survival instincts and its no problem at all.

Talents i use are 1/1/3/1/3/2/1 and have 3 thrash relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    I go full offensive for heroic kj using 2 agi stat sticks as well as luffa and elize and have no issues with fel claws at all. I just save rots and barkskin and throw in a couple frenzied regens for the claws and in phase 2 when you get a 2nd set of claws with your rots and barkskin on cd i just use survival instincts and its no problem at all.

Talents i use are 1/1/3/1/3/2/1 and have 3 thrash relics.
    Take BF at lvl 15 and save ROTS for burst. It'll be more dps than using ROTS on fel claws and brambles.

Deleted
    I also love Bristling Fur for KJ. Brambles is a pretty small damage increase in general and a boss with such a slow swingtimer doesn't make it any better.

Legs are still great offensively and decent enough defensively to upgrade early. I mean if you go full offense you will probably go with incarn, and that devalues cloak by quite a bit. For harder bosses I have run Legs and boots and it was decent enough.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-06-30 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Thanks Nevcairiel

Since IT has been a while we Talked about bis trinkets. Which trinket for offense Single target With Inkarnation? Which for cleave? Is hov agi on Use trinket Good, in you stack IT With incarnation?

Deleted
    Horn isn't very good. Even a 910 Horn of Valor sims lower than some 885 trinkets. Cooldown doesn't line up at all and if you keep it for Incarn you loose way too much value. Tirathons Betrayal and Stat sticks aren't bad. For ST Vial of Ceaseless Toxins sims decently, pretty disappointed with Leviathans Hunger (10k lower than a versa stick). Goroth Trinket is more a defensive thing, but does a bit of damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Take BF at lvl 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I also love BF for KJ.
    Are you guys aware that there is two "BF" talents in the 15 row?
    From previous conversation its pretty clear that Bristling Fur is meant, however it might be good to specify clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Horn isn't very good. Even a 910 Horn of Valor sims lower than some 885 trinkets. Cooldown doesn't line up at all and if you keep it for Incarn you loose way too much value. Tirathons Betrayal and Stat sticks aren't bad. For ST Vial of Ceaseless Toxins sims decently, pretty disappointed with Leviathans Hunger (10k lower than a versa stick). Goroth Trinket is more a defensive thing, but does a bit of damage as well.
    Can you Insert your simucraft Rotation you Use for Simulation? (including incarnation)