Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seems reasonable, Ilvl differences are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Guys i'd appreciate your input regarding dps trinkets.

Currently I have:
    930+Socket Hunger of the Pack
    935 Horn of Valor
    915 Engine of Eradication
    875 Memento
    895 Draught of Souls
    910 Mrrgria's Favor

Sims show my best combo for pure dmg is Hunger+HoV for both ST and Multi.
    Btw I'm running Incarnation with Luffa/Legs for raids and m+ bosses and Luffa/Cloak for +m trash.
    Does that seem correct to you? Should I consider something else based on my available options? I am obviously trying to get my hands on some better ones but until them I'm trying to figure out my best current option.
    HOV with incarn is really good.
    I'm not sure about engine for tanks.
    Stat sticks like hunger are very strong for dps, though HOV and Memento probably outperform them at the same ilvl.

Today I was kinda lucky with drops and got a 910 Umbral Moonglaves and a 925 Spectrel of Betrayal, so the updated list is:

910 Umbral Moonglaives
    925 Specter of Betrayal
    935 Horn of Valor
    875 Memento
    895 Draught of Souls
    910 Mrrgria's Favor

No big change though according to SimC, the duo of Hunger of the Pack + Horn of Valor appears to beat every other combo of my available trinkets both in Single and Multi. I didn't expect that tbh, since from I 've gathered HoV is considered a middle of the pact trinket. I guess the ilvl difference gives it the edge.

PS: Today I also learnt that Agility buffs Thrash, I was under the false impression that it didn't affect it (or even if it did affect the initial hit, it didnt affect the bleed part). Well it does so yeah, cool story.
    Last edited by Selerian; 2017-08-16 at 10:59 PM.

EDIT - Woah, wasn't on last post...

Glaives with cloak is AoE-tastic.

And yes - Agi is the best DPS stat. Why Hunger is the best there... Agi + DPS stat.
    Last edited by Captain Fizz; 2017-08-17 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Today I was kinda lucky with drops and got a 910 Umbral Moonglaves and a 925 Spectrel of Betrayal, so the updated list is:

910 Umbral Moonglaives
    925 Specter of Betrayal
    935 Horn of Valor
    875 Memento
    895 Draught of Souls
    910 Mrrgria's Favor

No big change though according to SimC, the duo of Hunger of the Pack + Horn of Valor appears to beat every other combo of my available trinkets both in Single and Multi. I didn't expect that tbh, since from I 've gathered HoV is considered a middle of the pact trinket. I guess the ilvl difference gives it the edge.

PS: Today I also learnt that Agility buffs Thrash, I was under the false impression that it didn't affect it (or even if it did affect the initial hit, it didnt affect the bleed part). Well it does so yeah, cool story.
    Not too sure on the KJ trinket. But I think horn still wins with stat stick (you cant combine glaives and horn). If you have LATC and Cloak you could drop Incarn and take Moonglaives on AOE/Cleave encounters like Mistress/Desolate

Thanks alot for the comments guys, I guess until I get my hands on a higher ilvl dps trinket I'll be paring HotP with HoV and switch to Moonglaves for +m trash and heavy AOE fights.

SO I have a stupid question, but on the upside it should be pretty easy

From the OP:
    Incarnation - An improved Bear Form that reduces the cooldown on all melee damage abilities and Growl to 1.5 sec, Increases armor by 15% and causes Mangle to hit up to 3 targets. Lasts 30 seconds.
    Highest dps once you get the Embrace of the Nightmare trait if used optimally, also makes taunt and thrash 1.5s CD so great for picking up lots of adds.
    My question is about the part I bolded... what is optimal usage of this ability? My guess is just using it so you get the most uses of it in an encounter or not using it right when you are about to switch off something. But is there more to it or am I just completely confused?

Optimal use is <large number of adds just about to spawn> - hit Incarn.
    Or using it early and again later in the fight.

With pawsative, it is now higher DPS on Single target too.

Ah ok, I was basically trying to make it overly complicated. Thanks

And if you run Rend and Tear talent then use Rage of the Sleeper after 5 stacks at boss for max dmg
    Last edited by Jurman; 2017-08-18 at 06:21 AM.
    Jurman - Guardian Druid <Embody>

Quote Originally Posted by Jurman View Post
    We managed Maiden FK yesterday i used SI ring + Trash wrists. For trinkets i had UaC and Scorpyron trinket. I use combo Bark +SI+ Rage or Bark+SI+trinket for survival. for fifth i use Guardian spirit + Rage + Priest barier. If you dont have some CD so DH with netherwalk can split some dmg for you if same Infusion.

Here log with buffs what i got on hammer hits
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9
    Hey We got our first Maiden kill on Thursday, and my abilities lined up pretty much how you described.

First: Guardian Spirit/Ironbark & RotS.
    ---
    Second: SI/Barkskin.
    Third: SI/RotS.
    ---
    Fourth: SI/Barkskin.
    Fifth: SI/RotS.
    ---
    Sixth: SI/Barkskin/Ironbark/GS (close to a kill, so took everything cuz why not )

KJ trinket/leggo ring/talent. My gear allowed me to leave as much for my co-tanks DK as possible, which was nice.

Also, woop woop, 945 Haste/Mastery chest from the raid mission 15 iLvl upgrade.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-08-20 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Hey We got our first Maiden kill on Thursday, and my abilities lined up pretty much how you described.

First: Guardian Spirit/Ironbark & RotS.
    ---
    Second: SI/Barkskin.
    Third: SI/RotS.
    ---
    Fourth: SI/Barkskin.
    Fifth: SI/RotS.
    ---
    Sixth: SI/Barkskin/Ironbark/GS (close to a kill, so took everything cuz why not )

KJ trinket/leggo ring/talent. My gear allowed me to leave as much for my co-tanks DK as possible, which was nice.

Also, woop woop, 945 Haste/Mastery chest from the raid mission 15 iLvl upgrade.
    Gratz! That seems like a legit strat and you only need 1 external!

Maybe next time start with SI+ bark it will then recharge one stack and you can drop that KJ shit (my opinion). And RotS on pull for DPS
    This week with new people wi had slower kill 6:32 vs 5:42 and stil needed only one external(priest buble+ Guardian). Second set of external(pain+comnading shout) was for last hammer of fight so if you died nothing happend.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HJf6g#fight=29
    Jurman - Guardian Druid <Embody>

Definitely would try to use SI on the first already so it can start recharging, especically if you have the KJ trinket, so its charges don't go to waste (or perhaps it works without that trinket then even).

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Definitely would try to use SI on the first already so it can start recharging, especically if you have the KJ trinket, so its charges don't go to waste (or perhaps it works without that trinket then even).
    If you get it right (and some rng) you can do it that way with the trinket and not need any externals. But it's more safe to drop the trinket and use 1 external rotation halfway through the fight.

The joy of itemization...

Oh well, at least vers vs mastery still doesn't make much of a difference defensively. Just a bit unfortunate for necrotic weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    No trinket charges go to waste, even if you start with the Light Infusion, sit through the intermission, get the Fel Infusion, and wait to be attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Jurman View Post
    Maybe next time start with SI+ bark it will then recharge one stack and you can drop that KJ shit (my opinion). And RotS on pull for DPS
    This week with new people wi had slower kill 6:32 vs 5:42 and stil needed only one external(priest buble+ Guardian). Second set of external(pain+comnading shout) was for last hammer of fight so if you died nothing happend.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HJf6g#fight=29
    Very nice!

I know opening with SI & Bark/RotS is the smart thing to do, but I knew I'd have enough charges to cover every one after the first anyway doing it this way, plus it'd give either tank the chance to use GS later in the fight if need be. Either method works just fine, really

Now, to rekill it next week...

Sooooo regarding Crucible.

For the 3rd tier of every relic slot (for pure offense) the general rule of thumb is that we're looking for the highest possible ilvl with a combination of Jagged Claws (Thrash) and Vicious Bites (Mangle).

So out of the relics released that drop in 7.3:
    a) for Fire relics we want Tormentor's Brand (Dropped by Varimathras - Antorus, the Burning Throne) hoping for a Vicious Bites 2nd trait upgrade.
    b) for Blood relics sadly there is neither a Thrash nor a Mangle relic, so we either fish for a titanforged one from ToS or we just get the highest ilvl with a defensive trait, getting Jagged Claws as an upgrade.
    c) for Life relics we want Essence of the Burgeoning Brood (Dropped by Mother Kena - Invasion Points) hoping for a Jagged Claws 2nd trait upgrade.
    Last edited by Selerian; 2017-08-29 at 01:42 PM.

Pretty sure there's a life relic in the new raid with jagged claws as well? Eidolon of Life from Kin'garoth. For blood you can either go for maul crit (new raid as well) or something random defensive. And there's always m+, +15 dungeon chest loot should be 940, so just spam arcway until you get a decent blood relic with jagged claws.

The thing is, you'll still only get 7/7 jagged claws at most, so it doesn't matter whether you get it from the baseline trait or the crucible one. Having vicious bites as well would be nice of course for single target damage, but depending on the other crucible traits (apparently the holy damage proc ones are the best) and of course relic ilvl, getting the dream combination (jagged claws + vicious bites AND high ilvl) probably remains a dream for most.

Hey guys - did they change something in regards to BiS dps legos?

Looking at the new 7.3 mythic logs, i see people using LaTC + cloak on fights like hosts and mistress, which is completely puzzling to me since i thought those 2 heavy add fights would dominate with incarn and elize/luffas.