Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I tested on beta a couple nights ago and Sephuz's Secrete was not proc'ing the buff when I used Thrash on mobs (with Bloody Paws), but would apply when I used Mighty Bash on them, so it seems like it isn't worth using unless they change the functionality on live.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I plan to lvl my druid and my warrior in the first days and i don't know which one i will play in raids.
    Both leveled as tanks, but in raids i will be dps. So i will put 13 points in the def artifact and after that i focus on my dps on both.
    My big question is now which artifact way i should go. I want to do mythic(+) dungeons on my bear (preparing for raids). Do you think it is better to go EotN or still go Gory like it was always said in the past? Meanwhile im pretty confused by reading all this stuff and especially this guide.

The defensive traits on the Gory way, seem to be (for me) a bit stronger for tanking (without moving, i.e. raid bosses) (SI CD reduced, def abilities runtime increased).
    But the traits to EotN seem pretty good for tanking in dungeons (reduced movement speed -> kiting, BS CD reduced, FR heal buffed, EotN itself).

As both ways need only 11(12) points, i would put a point i bear hug (and 1 in Wildflesh if i go Gory) to use all the cheap points up to 13.
    Last edited by DDM; 2016-08-30 at 07:06 AM.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

DDM your requirements sound the same as mine (Bear for leveling and Mythics). I've concluded that going first to EotN is the best for me (top path) for both purposes.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Deleted
    Seeing that most level 100 druids with 710 ilvl gear have around 12% hp increase from mastery how much % hp do you think guardians will end up having with 875 ilvl gear and further end game gear? My bet goes for 30% -35% for later tiers of sets.

Hello!

Will you or do you know a list for pre-raid BiS items?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Odengard View Post
    Hello!

Will you or do you know a list for pre-raid BiS items?

Thanks
    Don't quote me on this but I know in some other class thread someone mentioned that because of the war/titanforged stuff it's less objective than it used to be and more work than it's worth. That doesn't mean there isn't a list but it might be a littler harder to compile than before but...what do I know?

So I did a couple dungeons on my bear and I don't feel as sturdy as I should be as I compare it to a protection warrior in my guild who is seemingly invincible with ignore pain(Seriously is that ever getting nerfed?)

Does it just seem that way with a lack of gear or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrais View Post
    So I did a couple dungeons on my bear and I don't feel as sturdy as I should be as I compare it to a protection warrior in my guild who is seemingly invincible with ignore pain(Seriously is that ever getting nerfed?)

Gonna go with "or".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

There will be a tuning pass before mythic raids.

Also gear difference is always a major factor.

Did heroics at 790 ilvl. Did mythics at 805 ilvl. I had no issues whatsoever when I pulled rationally and cautiously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Did heroics at 790 ilvl. Did mythics at 805 ilvl. I had no issues whatsoever when I pulled rationally and cautiously.
    How much of an hp increase do you have from mastery at 805 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    How much of an hp increase do you have from mastery at 805 ilvl?
    825 ilvl. 7k Mastery = 13.65%

Now I'm hoping I'm not a snowflake in this respect, but is EotN not providing any CC immunity on use? Or was this removed at some point in beta and the tooltip was never fixed? Still an awesome ability regardless, pretty much god mode for the duration.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    825 ilvl. 7k Mastery = 13.65%
    I can see it going 26-30% with 895 gear in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just seems that way. Druids and Warriors have two very different tanking styles but are really quite similar in terms of survivability. I leveled to 110 with a group of friends that includes me (Druid) and my sister (Warrior). We took turns tanking dungeons and our healer friend remarked that we were both really easy to heal just in different ways. I always had a lot more health than her (right now I have 2.6m to her 2m) but took damage more consistently. She has periods where she takes little to no damage, but our healer said it made her feel more 'spiky' at times. Player skills helps a lot, too. Smart cooldown usage can make a big difference with Druid tanking...I notice a lot of fellow tanks spamming Ironfur instead of timing it. Also wasting Frenzied Regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It just seems that way. Druids and Warriors have two very different tanking styles but are really quite similar in terms of survivability. I leveled to 110 with a group of friends that includes me (Druid) and my sister (Warrior). We took turns tanking dungeons and our healer friend remarked that we were both really easy to heal just in different ways. I always had a lot more health than her (right now I have 2.6m to her 2m) but took damage more consistently. She has periods where she takes little to no damage, but our healer said it made her feel more 'spiky' at times. Player skills helps a lot, too. Smart cooldown usage can make a big difference with Druid tanking...I notice a lot of fellow tanks spamming Ironfur instead of timing it. Also wasting Frenzied Regen.
    Out of curiosity, what's your health outside of bear form? How's the ratio end up looking?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's your health outside of bear form? How's the ratio end up looking?
    1.9 mill out. 3.2 mill in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Bah, of course I logged out in Feral spec! I'm pretty sure it's something like 1.6m out of bear form. Haven't had much time to gear up since I had to return to work so I'm roughly ilevel 801. I suspect the gap between tank health pools will only get larger the more gear we get.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Out of curiousity what exactly are you timing Ironfur for? Isn't the idea to keep it up full time as physical damage is constant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity what exactly are you timing Ironfur for? Isn't the idea to keep it up full time as physical damage is constant?
    Depends on the fight, but short answer: not necessarily.

Long answer: You might have a fight with a period of low incoming damage. Instead of spamming Ironfur the second you have enough rage, waiting on it for a period of high incoming damage could net you a more beneficial 2 or 3 stack Ironfur. This is actually a pretty frequent thing in Legion dungeons. A lot of bosses hit fairly softly, but then have a huge, high damage ability (that DBM will even warn you about with ample time!).