Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    half rppm dps trinket problem? The thing is with the current tank trinkets: None of them other than the cheat death one, do something that I feel would meaningfully enhance our survival on high difficulties. If they tune the shield trinkets in a way that makes them decent in mythic, then they are almost damage immunities for their uptime in normal/heroic. The shield value would need to scale extremely well with ilvl, but that again makes a non wf heroic version basically useless for progression and a heroic tf on a heroic tank would be god mode.

Can anyone tell me, what is best Legendary to upgrade, I have neck and chest.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Can anyone tell me, what is best Legendary to upgrade, I have neck and chest.
    I would upgrade chest first as it gives armor unlike jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    I would upgrade chest first as it gives armor unlike jewelry.
    That was my thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    That was my thought as well.
    Good thought indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    Now that Nighthold is out and I've grabbed my 4-set, there are a ton of issues that negatively impact Guardians throughout the raid.

First, and most importantly, the 4-set still has code left over from when it used to increase the duration of Ironfur. If any of you are aware of the Ironfur deletion timers from shifting out and into Bear form quickly while trying to maintain Ironfurs, the 4-set bug is essentially the same bug. An Ironfur with the 4-set will log a deletion timer 2 seconds later than the duration of the buff, causing the Ironfur to delete two stacks: when it expires naturally, and additionally when the deletion time fires off 2 seconds later.

Here is my bug report about the above: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752513242

Here is a video showing it in action. Watch the buff bar in the upper right, the armor value on the character sheet, and/or the purple Ironfur tracker in the center. The stack is deleted at 0:14 https://youtu.be/7pHUjQRJj10

Additionally, fights such as Chronomatic Anomaly, Elisande, and Gul'dan will also cause your Ironfurs to delete two stacks on each expiration as the Ironfur deletion timers are unaffected by Fast Time and similar abilities, while the Ironfur buff is. I have no videos for this.

Here is my bug report for the specific boss of Elisande: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752561565

Both the 4-set bug and individual bugs on Anomaly, Elisande, and Gul'dan pose a lot of issues for Guardian Druids in Nighthold, as you can potentially have your active Ironfur stacks reduced by 1 due to Ironfurs removing two stacks per cast. This can only be solved by causing a massive Ironfur reset by not using the ability for an extended length of time.

I tweeted WarcraftDevs about the issue here: https://twitter.com/videnfost/status/822348633077116928
    This bug seems to be fixed, although there's no communication from Blizzard on the subject.

So I know Thrash relics are generally far and away our best bet, but what is the consensus on ilvl downgrade of relic worth it to replace with Thrash? I tried simming but I'm not sure if I did it correctly, as my DPS on simcraft for ST was lower than I generally am able to do over 5 minutes on a real fight, which seems wrong. I only ask because I just got an 845 Thrash relic from a WQ, while I have an 870 Ironfur relic. This is a pretty huge downgrade, but simcraft still shows it as much higher overall DPS to use the Thrash relic.

Mostly asking because we are running a few Skittish M+ in a few hours, and I don't want to do anything that would negatively impact my threat. Looked in the first post and the google doc, but I didn't see anything concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    So I know Thrash relics are generally far and away our best bet, but what is the consensus on ilvl downgrade of relic worth it to replace with Thrash? I tried simming but I'm not sure if I did it correctly, as my DPS on simcraft for ST was lower than I generally am able to do over 5 minutes on a real fight, which seems wrong. I only ask because I just got an 845 Thrash relic from a WQ, while I have an 870 Ironfur relic. This is a pretty huge downgrade, but simcraft still shows it as much higher overall DPS to use the Thrash relic.

Mostly asking because we are running a few Skittish M+ in a few hours, and I don't want to do anything that would negatively impact my threat. Looked in the first post and the google doc, but I didn't see anything concrete.
    according to sims in the druid discord, thrash relics are worth 40 ilvls unless you have luffas, then they are worth around 60ilvls.

So what trinkets from Nighthold are we looking at? I know the tanks are shit but figure if a dps one looks good, may as well go for it if people think it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So what trinkets from Nighthold are we looking at? I know the tanks are shit but figure if a dps one looks good, may as well go for it if people think it's the best.
    Only one that seems half decent is frond and maybe drought of souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Only one that seems half decent is frond and maybe drought of souls?
    Ironically the healing trinket from trilliax is not bad. It heals the raid, and healers dont want it ;D

How good is SoF compared to GG when we get the 2p?

still worse
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma as to which two legendaries to use.

I currently have:

Luffa Wrappings - Short of maybe a survival-intensive encounter, I doubt I'll ever not use these given what I have currently.
    Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus - This has become an incredibly powerful, survival legendary since the patch as many others have stated.
    Skysec's Hold - I love the secondaries on this item, and the extra healing is nice.
    Cinidaria, the Symbiote - This one hasn't seen much use. The post-patch buffs certainly made it nicer, but I still haven't a niche use for this item.

So out of my four, I know that the first three will probably see the most, if not all of the use. Our guild hasn't stepped into mythic Nighthold yet, but so far I haven't seen an encounter where I absolutely needed double survival legendaries and had to give up Luffa Wrappings.

So assuming Luffa Wrappings will always be one of my two go-to legendaries (feel free to correct me if this train of thought is wrong) until I encounter such a scenario where I need total mitigation, what should I choose between Prydaz and Skysec's? If this is was pre-patch, I would haven't gave Prydaz a second look due to its quirky functionality, but after its buff and the extra secondary stat gains, I'm having a hard time saying that Skysec is superior to Prydaz. Certainly there's the benefit of armor and primary stats, but I'm not sure if that necessary outweighs the benefits of the bubble and the extra secondaries.

Luffa/Cinidaria for offense/farm status and Luffa/Skysec's for a more defensive approach. Boots have our best secondaries while also providing armor (which is by far our best defensive stat) which neck doesn't.

Fixed a bug that caused Ironfur’s duration to be inaccurate when modified by time effects.
    From hotfixes today. This line is completely false. Changing time zones on Chronomatic Anomaly is still munching Ironfur stacks.

Video evidence: https://youtu.be/tFvm5FXyBGE

0:03 'Speed: Fast' is gained. 0:09 Ironfur is cast. 0:10 Ironfur is deleted.
    Last edited by videnfost; 2017-01-27 at 03:24 AM.

Looking at my log from todays CA kill, it seems to be very inconsistent. I maintained one stack pretty much forever during fast speed, but additional ones sometimes only lasted like 2 seconds.

It's rather benefitial in slow time (although still inconsistent at times)!

00:01:16.173 Diphenamine gains Ironfur from Diphenamine

00:01:21.865 Diphenamine gains Ironfur (2) from Diphenamine

00:01:25.719 Diphenamine gains Ironfur (3) from Diphenamine

00:01:30.464 Diphenamine's Ironfur (2) fades from Diphenamine

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Looking at my log from todays CA kill, it seems to be very inconsistent. I maintained one stack pretty much forever during fast speed, but additional ones sometimes only lasted like 2 seconds.

It's rather benefitial in slow time (although still inconsistent at times)!
    Eh tbh it doesn't really matter all that much depending on taunt swaps we could actually tank that boss with no if and be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Eh tbh it doesn't really matter all that much depending on taunt swaps we could actually tank that boss with no if and be perfectly fine.
    Yep! But the same bug applies to Elisande and that could be another story.

Anyone have a list of trinket rankings for current content? Im using a Warforged Arcanocrystal and warforged Grotesque Statue for most stuff