Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The easiest to get would be the Darkmoon deck, which is still really good. I'm currently mostly running with 2 dps trinkets because the nighthold tank trinkets aren't that amazing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    The easiest to get would be the Darkmoon deck, which is still really good. I'm currently mostly running with 2 dps trinkets because the nighthold tank trinkets aren't that amazing anyway.
    I heard its rather meeh, when considering 2 stacks of Ironfur ? What is the case on this trinket later into expansion now?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    The value of that trinket depends on your gear a bit and if you consider going with 835 trinkets, I expect that the rest of your gear should be in that range as well. It is worth most if your armor isn't that high yet, so it should be fine. If you run around in 880 and had shit luck with trinkets, it is probably not that great, but most likely still better than the 2 you are currently running.

Best passive mitigation isn't best.

The value of that trinket depends on your gear a bit and if you consider going with 835 trinkets, I expect that the rest of your gear should be in that range as well. It is worth most if your armor isn't that high yet, so it should be fine. If you run around in 880 and had shit luck with trinkets, it is probably not that great, but most likely still better than the 2 you are currently running.
    875, have 2 legendary, one for feral and one for tank, 2 rings So dunno really. Maybe I'll buy it...WTB days of TBC where we would just get 2 stam trinkets hehe. fixed typo.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-02-20 at 09:23 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    875, have 2 legendary, not for feral through So dunno really. Maybe I'll buy it...WTB days of TBC where we would just get 2 stam trinkets hehe.
    Well you can do that still, but I rarely have a situation where I think, "Man, I really wish I had those few hundred k more HP to survive this fight". And outside of that stamina really isn't that useful.

Well you can do that still, but I rarely have a situation where I think, "Man, I really wish I had those few hundred k more HP to survive this fight". And outside of that stamina really isn't that useful.
    When did you really have a situation where you thought, "Man, I really wish I had those 5 more armour that this item upgrade gives me"?

Increasing your survivability is about preparing for the worst.

Stamina also has various other indirect effects. For example, if you are on higher actual HP, your healers will feel more comfortable about using slower, cheaper heals on you, rather than having to spam heal you at that given moment. This is also true of when you feel comfortable with not using a defensive CD, or something, versus feeling like you are at risk and need to use one.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    When did you really have a situation where you thought, "Man, I really wish I had those 5 more armour that this item upgrade gives me"?

Increasing your survivability is about preparing for the worst.

Stamina also has various other indirect effects. For example, if you are on higher actual HP, your healers will feel more comfortable about using slower, cheaper heals on you, rather than having to spam heal you at that given moment. This is also true of when you feel comfortable with not using a defensive CD, or something, versus feeling like you are at risk and need to use one.
    Fair enough about the 5 armor, but the comment was primarily aimed at trinkets. Not sure how big the healer comfortability point actually is, have to ask them one of these days.

The way I currently think about stamina versus secondary stats is, secondaries help you mostly with consistent damage by reducing how much you need to be healed in total. On a fight like Krosus a HP Pool of 10M wouldn't make tanking it much easier, while a reduction of damage taken makes healing you a lot easier, because you need less incoming healing to stabilize. On the other hand, if you want to take a solo Fel Lash and you can get the HP to be able to do it with SI+MoU instead of SI+MoU+Bark, yeah that is great for that fight and would definitely be worth taking the stam trinket.

Thing is I haven't found the fight were I would need that bonus stamina yet, because we don't progress that fast.

Edit: Also Stam trinkets do no damage and we have had quite a bit of trouble with enrages in NH.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-02-21 at 08:13 AM.

Need some advice from Bear community.

At the moment I'm gearing my bear alt. My main toon is a bdk at 894 ilvl and I have some troubles on guldan heroic due to, you know, bdk dont have such a mitigation Its all manageble ofc, but I'm a bit lazy and bears are fun.

So my bear alt now is 867 ilvl and I'm using mastery 860 statstick and darkmoon deck as my trinkets. What trinkets should I aim for? I know that Ilgynoth's goblet is pretty nice but maybe there are some alternatives in m+? For the rest of gear i'm aiming for vers/mastery setup but what about "Stats vs ilvl" problem?

Deleted
    Lysozyme has made a really nice list of defensive trinkets. You can find it in this thread, or ask him to link it again, should be fine.

Your 860 statstick is easily upgradeable if you get the urn from nightbane. Other than that, it depends on the type of damage you are taking and for gul'dan that is pretty mixed, but you can mitigate most of the big fire damage hits with cds. So your main aim should be to reduce the melee damage. Therefore iLvl>all if the item has armor on it. Versa is still a good tad better than mastery, even after the nerfs (unless you have miniscule amounts of both versa and mastery), so try to get versa on your neck and rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
    Need some advice from Bear community.

At the moment I'm gearing my bear alt. My main toon is a bdk at 894 ilvl and I have some troubles on guldan heroic due to, you know, bdk dont have such a mitigation Its all manageble ofc, but I'm a bit lazy and bears are fun.

So my bear alt now is 867 ilvl and I'm using mastery 860 statstick and darkmoon deck as my trinkets. What trinkets should I aim for? I know that Ilgynoth's goblet is pretty nice but maybe there are some alternatives in m+? For the rest of gear i'm aiming for vers/mastery setup but what about "Stats vs ilvl" problem?
    Dungeon defensive trinkets usually go back to the cragshaper or the coagulated essence ones. (nelths lair and arcway respectively).
    If you have a lot of crit for some reason the Writhing Heart oif Darkness (DHT) is not a bad option either.
    Keep darkmoon, for non magic fights it's one of the best out there defensive wise.
    Stat sticks aren't bad either btw. Better to have a good stat stick than a shitty proc that doesn't help (I'm looking at you Parjesh).

Just picked up the legendary trinket. Both of my current trinkets are Nightbloom Frond/Grotesque Statue. Current legendaries are the Chest and Leggings. Should I switch out and which?

Thanks for answers guys!

Seems that I should have something like:
    - Darkmoon deck for phys dmg fights
    - Mastery or vers statstick for mixed phys/mag dmg and mag dmg
    - Some on-use mitigation like skorp trinket (for extra hp pool) and like m+ trinket with some solid on-use effect with mitigation stat.

I feel that setup should cover my needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Just picked up the legendary trinket. Both of my current trinkets are Nightbloom Frond/Grotesque Statue. Current legendaries are the Chest and Leggings. Should I switch out and which?
    This slightly depends on the ilevel of the items in the trinkets, chest and leg slot that aren't legendary, but generally the legs and the chest are probably the two best legendaries we have defensively (legs maybe less so now we take Pulverize, but the huge armor and health boon) so you'd only want to swap in if you have some really good (like 925) legs, vs like an <890 trinket. The tank trinket is kind of meh really.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    This slightly depends on the ilevel of the items in the trinkets, chest and leg slot that aren't legendary, but generally the legs and the chest are probably the two best legendaries we have defensively (legs maybe less so now we take Pulverize, but the huge armor and health boon) so you'd only want to swap in if you have some really good (like 925) legs, vs like an <890 trinket. The tank trinket is kind of meh really.
    The only time you would take Pulv is on pure single target and with the legs there's no point in taking it ever. Legs are bis 100% for damage defensive. And trinket is also better than the chest in most cases.

My trinkets are 865 on the Grotesque/875 on the Frond.

So how is 2pc a DPS increase? Nothing anywhere shows it to be, at least that I can find
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by beatmyface View Post
    So how is 2pc a DPS increase? Nothing anywhere shows it to be, at least that I can find
    It increases the chance to proc Gore. More Gore procs = more Mangles = more ST DPS. Also more rage so if you cap more often you can do more mauls if you don't need mitigation (rare).

Ok well I'll have to resim again. At current gear level with my normal trinkets equipped it showed me doing higher DPS breaking 2pc for main stats.

I understood the gore proc chance being increased but couldn't understand how it simmed less than just main stat pieces ST
    YouTube Channel
    Twitch Stream
    Beatmyfur - Guardian Druid - Stormrage- 1/11M Antorus