Deleted

issues with 2 screens

yesterday i got a new GPU, but i encountered a little issue. I use 2 screens, 1 monitor and 1 tv. However, since i got the new GPU i can't get the Tv screen to properly show my desktop. The start bar is barely visable. i tried changing the resolution, but that didn't work. (my monitor is 1600x900) neither Duplicating nor Extending shows the screen properly on the TV. any fixes?

missing a few key things to help out.

TV make/model
    How is it hooked up? VGA? HDMI?
    what setting are you trying to accomplish? I am guessing extended

the thing I would try is to unplug the TV from the computer. Restart computer...then plug in the TV when the computer is up and running. Also check your resolution you have set for the TV and verify that your TV can support that.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by opeth150 View Post
    missing a few key things to help out.

TV make/model
    How is it hooked up? VGA? HDMI?
    what setting are you trying to accomplish? I am guessing extended

the thing I would try is to unplug the TV from the computer. Restart computer...then plug in the TV when the computer is up and running. Also check your resolution you have set for the TV and verify that your TV can support that.
    tv model is a Brandt something something. It worked perfectly with my old GPU. The resolution on the tv is the same as I had with my previous card.

Tv uses HDMI
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-08-26 at 06:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah Brandt something something. That helps

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    tv model is a Brandt something something. It worked perfectly with my old GPU. The resolution on the tv is the same as I had with my previous card.

Tv uses HDMI
    Had an issue somewhat similiar with my TV using HDMI, I fixed it by going into the TV's Menu, Picture section. And tweaked settings around there. The TV I have came with pre-assigned Picture Settings. One of which was "Game" That putt it back to normal. Granted odds are your TV is different than mine, but they all should have a Menu option where you can change the Picture layout. Best bet is there.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Had an issue somewhat similiar with my TV using HDMI, I fixed it by going into the TV's Menu, Picture section. And tweaked settings around there. The TV I have came with pre-assigned Picture Settings. One of which was "Game" That putt it back to normal. Granted odds are your TV is different than mine, but they all should have a Menu option where you can change the Picture layout. Best bet is there.
    Was thinking something along these lines as well, but with only Brandt something something to go on, can't really tell him much more than that.

Deleted
    I fixed it. I had to go into my TV´s settings for some reason. Odd though, since it wasn´t needed for my old GPU