Blade of Wrath bugged?

I've posted this on the Blizz bug forums, but wanted to see if anyone here experiences this as well.

If I pull a mob using Blade of Wrath, I only get 1 holy power instead of 2. Looking at it carefully, I actually see 2 light up for a split second, then it drops to 1.

Granted, this probably won't happen much at higher levels, as the 10 yard range means a mob will already be agro'd... but I often use it when farming old instances for transmog gear to pull mobs that much quicker... and it sucks losing out on a holy power.

This bug, and the Seal of Light bug now.

I wonder if something wasn't tragically borked in the latest hotfixes?

Have experienced and reported, it seems to be a bug with raid bosses. When you aggro a raid boss any additional HP you have outside of 1 is set to 1. Don't use it to pull (Taunt works just as well at range) and you should be okay till it's fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this same thing happen with various specs resource generating attacks, i.e Ambush/Saber Slash not giving a combo point on the first attack, tiger palm not granting Chi etc

I noticed it and since it bothered me quite a lot I played around with it for a while.
    Everytime I enter combat my Holy Power (if more than 1) is set to 1. Regardless of the ability I use to open combat. If I use Blade of Justice it will still put me at 1. I hope they fix it before Legion.

Also Winged Avenger glyph doesn't seem to work with Crusade talent...

Whether it's a bug or not I suspect it's the anti pre-pull pooling tech they are using now if it's only happening on bosses all resources are set to an arbitrary amount when entering combat with boss level mobs if they were higher to start with.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Whether it's a bug or not I suspect it's the anti pre-pull pooling tech they are using now if it's only happening on bosses all resources are set to an arbitrary amount when entering combat with boss level mobs if they were higher to start with.
    Um it isn't even questionable. It's a bug 100%. You use an ability that generates 2 holy power and you end up with one. No matter how you look at it it's a bug.

Gues they put a couple lines of code in wrong order.

Instead of :
    enter combat - reset resources - generate resources.
    Its doing :
    Generate resources- enter combat - reset resources

Rogues and Feral druids + warriors and DK's doesnt loose their resource / CP when entering Combat with a boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Rogues and Feral druids + warriors and DK's doesnt loose their resource / CP when entering Combat with a boss.
    I lost all rage on my warrior when doing ICC, I don't think resources reset in WoD raids though.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Um it isn't even questionable. It's a bug 100%. You use an ability that generates 2 holy power and you end up with one. No matter how you look at it it's a bug.
    Not necessarily, if it's a case of:

1. Use ranged ability that should generate 2HP
    2. Generate 2HP
    3. Ability hit's a boss
    4. Boss is agroed and HP is reduced to 1.

Then that sounds like it's working as intended, it seems like this would only be a problem while farming old content (as you won't be the one agroing the boss in a regular raid/dungeon)

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Not necessarily, if it's a case of:

1. Use ranged ability that should generate 2HP
    2. Generate 2HP
    3. Ability hit's a boss
    4. Boss is agroed and HP is reduced to 1.

Then that sounds like it's working as intended, it seems like this would only be a problem while farming old content (as you won't be the one agroing the boss in a regular raid/dungeon)
    Are you serious? Under no scenario should my ability generate less holy power than it is supposed to. Also I lose my holy power upon entering combat even if I don't attack first.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? Under no scenario should my ability generate less holy power than it is supposed to.
    Read it again...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Read it again...
    No, you read it again. Please. I understand what happens and why I lose my holy power. Resetting resources upon beginning a boss fight might be intended but it does not work correctly. Even if it resets my resources it should reset them and THEN generate new holy power and also if it's going to reset them it should set them to 0, NOT ONE. Arguing against this will only make you look stupid, so please take a break.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, you read it again. Please. I understand what happens and why I lose my holy power.
    Ahh, your previous post sounded confused hence the explanation, my bad.

No, you read it again. Please. I understand what happens and why I lose my holy power. Resetting resources upon beginning a boss fight might be intended but it does not work correctly. Even if it resets my resources it should reset them and THEN generate new holy power and also if it's going to reset them it should set them to 0, NOT ONE. Arguing against this will only make you look stupid, so please take a break.
    I could be wrong but I think it might also put you at one if you start from zero, not sure on that though.

Deleted
    Noticed it too. Reported ingame.