Deleted

questions about MM

Hi,

following icy-veins guide i have following questions:

It says:

Cast Marked Shot when it is available, but only if you will not be able to cast another Aimed Shot before the currently active Vulnerable debuff expires.......

but then it also says:

Your rotation will tend to look something like this:

Sidewinders→ Aimed Shot→ Marked Shot→ Aimed Shot until Vulnerable expires.

But following the first "rule" my rotation would look like this:

Sidewinders→ Aimed Shot→ Aimed Shot→ Marked Shot → Aimed Shot → Aimed Shot

And what i also don t get is the opener:

why would i cast:

4. Cast Sidewinders
    5. Cast Marked Shot
    6. Cast Aimed Shot until you have no more focus left to cast them.

Why do i cast Marked Shot directly after Sidewinders and not cast it right before vulnerable runs out?

Your iteration of the rotation won't be possible in practice because you won't have enough focus for all those aimed shots. It's alleged that the most effective rotation is sidewinder, aimed, marked, aimed, aimed.

First question, you won't have focus to go aimed-aimed-marked-aimed-aimed (you're spending 230 focus in a 5 second timeframe). You'll likely be able to do aimed-marked-aimed-aimed before the vuln debuff runs out, maybe 4x aimed shots.

Second, during your opener you're under Trueshot, and most likely also bloodlust. Haste decreases the regeneration time of Sidewinders, and increases your base focus regeneration. These two facts together means that you'll likely only have 7-8 seconds between each sidewinder, rather than 10-12 seconds during your opener. As vulnerable lasts 6 seconds, it means that after you fire your Sidewinders (7 seconds to next sidewinder), you'll fire marked shot (6 seconds to next sidewinder), then as many aimed shots as possible - when vulnerable runs out, you fire another sidewinder and debuff refreshes.

This is done because you want *as many marked shots as possible*. It hits a LOT harder than an aimed shot, so you want to end your opener with as many as possible, so you use them as early as possible and try to make sure you have no sidewinder charges when you leave the opener (with one comming up a few seconds after, then settling into the "conserve" part of the rotation).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    First question, you won't have focus to go aimed-aimed-marked-aimed-aimed (you're spending 230 focus in a 5 second timeframe). You'll likely be able to do aimed-marked-aimed-aimed before the vuln debuff runs out, maybe 4x aimed shots.

Second, during your opener you're under Trueshot, and most likely also bloodlust. Haste decreases the regeneration time of Sidewinders, and increases your base focus regeneration. These two facts together means that you'll likely only have 7-8 seconds between each sidewinder, rather than 10-12 seconds during your opener. As vulnerable lasts 6 seconds, it means that after you fire your Sidewinders (7 seconds to next sidewinder), you'll fire marked shot (6 seconds to next sidewinder), then as many aimed shots as possible - when vulnerable runs out, you fire another sidewinder and debuff refreshes.

This is done because you want *as many marked shots as possible*. It hits a LOT harder than an aimed shot, so you want to end your opener with as many as possible, so you use them as early as possible and try to make sure you have no sidewinder charges when you leave the opener (with one comming up a few seconds after, then settling into the "conserve" part of the rotation).
    Thx for your answers guys

In my normal rotation if i cast aimed aimed marked (instead of aimed marked aimed) after sidewinder i will have a longer vulnerable buff, which usually is not important since i wont have enough focus to keep casting aimed shot until vulnerable runs out anyway (right?), with the exception when i have lock and load procs, in that case i could keep on doing aimed shots. So where is the benefit of doin aimed marked aimed, or am i doing something wrong and shouldn t have so much focus there?
    Last edited by mmoc5265a260e8; 2016-08-25 at 11:16 PM.