Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I couldn't agree more.. it is just as bad as it is in Warlords.. it is now just a different kind of bad.
    The "improvements" they added do not in any way equal or surpass the things that they took away.. unleash flame being the exception that whole concept of wasting a button on a short self buff that you need to maintain is dumb.
    Please just just give me my MoP Ele Shaman back. I never had more fun playing the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by araistlinx View Post
    I have to disagree completely. The new stun totem is an amazing improvement, the versatility by talent changes is finally something I look forward too rather than the cookie-cutter it was in WoD. I'll take the new Shaman model every time.
    The new stun totem? Whats new about it? I actually dislike it more than old cap totem cause then you actually had more control.

With Totemic Projection you could place it with 1 second remaining and get a guaranteed stun, but now however people have 3 seconds to move.

The spec is still cookie cutter. For single target spec this, and for aoe spec this. And there is no new shaman model. Its the exact same model with less parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    Even with a shitty mix of Heroic, leveling and other bad gear, i've topped the damage meters in Ashran as an elemental shaman, simply because the AoE is so powerful. And about Lava Surge procs, that must mean you've got some real bad luck, 'cause i've had moments where i've been GCD-locked with instant LB procs, especially with Elemental Fusion. And regarding Icefury, if you learn to actually use it correctly, you can pop it and be well on your way by the time you need to be moving, as I believe it has a 10 second window for you to use the Frost Shocks(Which, by the way, do NOT require Maelstrom to deal damage). If you know what the hell you're doing, you can easily pull off an Icefury, then you've got FOUR global cooldowns worth of stuff to do while moving. That's a lot. And Icefury also generates 24 Maelstrom, so if you're standing still for a while, you can easily relieve some of that LB spam by throwing one of those out there.

Also, i'm not sure if it's been changed since then, but i've heard that the damage of Lava Burst compared to Lightning Bolt in Legion is lower now than it was in WoD, which makes Ascendance much weaker apart from the fact you'll get 12 Maelstrom per cast instead of 8.
    Well theres a big damn difference playing ashran having 10 flame shocks up with earthquakes on 20 people and single target or cleave/aoe dps in dungeons and raids. Ofcourse you can be gcd locked with lava bursts in those situations but its alot of different on boss fights dude. Icefury is garbage.

And no Ascendance is not weaker cause now your Lava Burst damage while in ascendance scales with your crit wich is your best stat atm so that makes Ascendance stronger than before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksolo View Post
    I couldn't agree more.. it is just as bad as it is in Warlords.. it is now just a different kind of bad.
    The "improvements" they added do not in any way equal or surpass the things that they took away.. unleash flame being the exception that whole concept of wasting a button on a short self buff that you need to maintain is dumb.
    Please just just give me my MoP Ele Shaman back. I never had more fun playing the spec.
    MoP Ele Shaman was god damn perfection!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simenh1 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Well theres a big damn difference playing ashran having 10 flame shocks up with earthquakes on 20 people and single target or cleave/aoe dps in dungeons and raids. Ofcourse you can be gcd locked with lava bursts in those situations but its alot of different on boss fights dude. Icefury is garbage.

And no Ascendance is not weaker cause now your Lava Burst damage while in ascendance scales with your crit wich is your best stat atm so that makes Ascendance stronger than before.
    Huh. Ascendance crit scaling must've gone over my head.

And while I get that the fact it's Ashran makes a difference, do keep in mind that it still says something about Ele AoE. It's strong, is all i'm sayin'.

And I don't see any issues with Icefury. Again, if you know something is going to make you move, you can easily use it to gain some decent damage while moving- and it really doesn't cost you much at all unless you're stacked up on Maelstrom(in which case you can simply pop an Earth/Flame Shock beforehand, and you literally don't lose anything).

There is no raid scenario when ivefury is better then primtal ele in terms of dps atm.

You've got no clue bud, Shamans are amazing.
    LEGION IS AMAZING

Have to note that Crit as a secondary stat is only so good because other secondary stats are too weak. Binkenstein wrote a blog post about stat scaling issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shamdunkk View Post
    You've got no clue bud, Shamans are amazing.
    LEGION IS AMAZING
    Oh yeah, especially in PvP.

Lava Burst - crits for 23k in PvP, 6 seconds cooldown
    Fireball - hits for 22k in PvP + ignite damage, can crit for more, no cooldown

Yeah, elemental is awful :/
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Shhhhhhh,shut up about ele being bad. I'm trying to earn a mythic raid spot!
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Silvus View Post
    Reroll something else please. You have no clue, stopped reading after '' exactly the same as it was in Warlords ''
    Playstyle wise it's not that different to Legion unless you take Icefury.