Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Word from Blizzard on the Warlock "situation"?

has there been anything from blizzard regarding the current very poor state of Warlocks in raids?

No, feedback is currently being gathered, then presented to the devs, then we will get an answer soon(TM).

Well, they did comment on the Hunter situation yesterday, with something like: "Holy shit! We did not know that something was wrong, despite constant complaints on all levels from beta testers and hunter players! Now hunter population is at its historic minimum, and we would like you to send us more feedback. Maybe we'll get around to fixing it in a year or so. Or maybe not. Tell us what is wrong."
    That is probably the way they are going to deal with warlocks. I would not be surprised if Blizz won't even do proper numbers tuning before mythic opens, god forbit fix any gameplay issues.

1,301 posts total so far regarding Warlock feedback from the three "Call to all Warlock" threads. I hope that itself garners some attention from Blizzard, hopefully, they finally realize something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrent View Post
    1,301 posts total so far regarding Warlock feedback from the three "Call to all Warlock" threads. I hope that itself garners some attention from Blizzard, hopefully, they finally realize something is wrong.
    There are 5 million subscribers right? I bet they don't think 1300 warlock complaints is a lot

You know what's really sad? When you watch the Dev Chats, their response to a lot of questions goes like this "we don't have an answer for that yet, because we want to wait and see how the community reacts, and if there's something we need to do, we want to hear their feedback first."

It's a great idea, but will they really listen before making decisions? Doesn't seem like it.

If something does happen, don't expect a quick fix. At best, it will start the ball rolling, but whether we will have to endure the first tier of raiding as we are or not is in blizzards hands.

I'd take our current situation as the going picture. If you're hoping on a big fix to determine whether or not to stay with the warlock class, don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they have to be very careful, one mistake and it's SoO all over again. A lot of opinions and complaints running wild here and especially on Blizz forums come from people who have no idea what they are talking about and barely have any experience with warlock changes let alone at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Of course they have to be very careful, one mistake and it's SoO all over again. A lot of opinions and complaints running wild here and especially on Blizz forums come from people who have no idea what they are talking about and barely have any experience with warlock changes let alone at 110.
    While that may be true, Furty posted in the first Calling all Warlocks thread and agreed that Locks were in a terrible state. Hard to argue with one of the best raiding Warlocks over the past few tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    If something does happen, don't expect a quick fix. At best, it will start the ball rolling, but whether we will have to endure the first tier of raiding as we are or not is in blizzards hands.

I'd take our current situation as the going picture. If you're hoping on a big fix to determine whether or not to stay with the warlock class, don't.
    Shadow wasn't touched in WoD for a long time when we knew it was awful in the beta and went live the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrubba View Post
    While that may be true, Furty posted in the first Calling all Warlocks thread and agreed that Locks were in a terrible state. Hard to argue with one of the best raiding Warlocks over the past few tiers.
    Yes, the same drivel was posted about Destruction when SoO patch was on PTR and Blizzard listened and went ahead to create a monster. And yes you had many smart guys posting how shit everything is as well, result - overbuff and literal Warlock domination for more than 1 year. There was nothing more broken ever than Warlocks in PvE in SoO.

On one hand initially it was fun stomping everyone, but on the other hand - you were doing not because you were genuinely good, but because you were genuinely OP and I did not really have fun when there was no competition in the long run.

I like to compete and be 1st because of genuinely doing good, not to be carried because of some unreasonable and careless buffs like in SoO.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-08-26 at 03:41 AM.

Yes, the same drivel was posted about Destruction when SoO patch was on PTR and Blizzard listened and went ahead to create a monster. And yes you had many smart guys posting how shit everything is as well, result - overbuff and literal Warlock domination for more than 1 year. There was nothing more broken ever than Warlocks in PvE in SoO.

On one hand initially it was fun stomping everyone, but on the other hand - you were doing not because you were genuinely good, but because you were genuinely OP and I did not really have fun when there was no competition in the long run.

I like to compete and be 1st because of genuinely doing good, not to be carried because of some unreasonable and careless buffs like in SoO.
    How is this any different from the literal Arcane/Fire mage domination for more than 1 year of HFC?

15+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely OP??? PVE???

Wow, I think I just laughed.

Who the hell cares about what class is OP in PVE. Is the boss dead?

Good raid. Who cares how it happened.

OP only matters in PVP and if you don't think classes have had entire expansions where they were OP you're deaf, dumb and blind.

Who the hell cares if a PVE class is OP for a patch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Genuinely OP??? PVE???

Wow, I think I just laughed.

Who the hell cares about what class is OP in PVE. Is the boss dead?

Good raid. Who cares how it happened.

OP only matters in PVP and if you don't think classes have had entire expansions where they were OP you're deaf, dumb and blind.

Who the hell cares if a PVE class is OP for a patch?
    The same logic could be applied to PVP;
    "Is one of the 2 players dead?"
    "Yes"
    "Good, good fight"

In both situations it runs down to:
    - being overpowered -> more likely to get a spot
    - being underpowered -> less likely to get a spot

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever hear of a boss refusing to pay $15 a month because it got tired of being beaten by a warlock in SoO and quitting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    How is this any different from the literal Arcane/Fire mage domination for more than 1 year of HFC?
    So you agree it's indeed bad to carelessly overbuff based on bad feedback? Good, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever hear of a boss refusing to pay $15 a month because it got tired of being beaten by a warlock in SoO and quitting?
    Hear plenty of the same because "My class is bad while class X is silly OP, I quit". Seems to happen plenty on these forums nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    has there been anything from blizzard regarding the current very poor state of Warlocks in raids?
    "Classes are tuned around artifact weapons and at max level"

I guess we will have to Wait...and see :/

This is a terrible argument lol

Those days were great. No one equally geared could touch me in dps on my Lock in SoO. Destro shit on everything. Affliction feels the same way now in PvP. I almost feel dirty playing it.

So you agree it's indeed bad to carelessly overbuff based on bad feedback? Good, thank you.

Oh I absolutely do not want to be FOTM. It is a hard fall from the top, always. I want to be useful in a raid - as a destro lock, I've been never the top guy on skada, but I was top on the voids at Xhul, and I was topped infernal damage on archimonde. I was satisfied by being useful.
    My only fear right now is that we are just a usual "dps spec" with no strengths. And I don't care about sustained boss cleave, as the boss dies anyway if important adds are being destroyed. But that mission cannot be efficiently accomplished by any of our specs right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the issues like ramp up and a lack of utility are too deep seated in the basic design of the class. Those aren't the sorts of things that get fixed mid expansion. It's far, far too late to expect anything to happen now, the best you can expect is acknowledgment of things to look at next time around.