Balance : Blessing of the Ancients : Form Swapping for AP

Is the ability to retain AP out of combat by swapping back and forth between moonkin and bear forms going to change? Seems like it will make legion given this late stage, but it seems miserable to think of an entire expansion where we have to be swapping back and forth for 30 seconds before every pull.

Sorry if this has been asked for before. I know I can't be the the first to ask about this, I just couldn't find it.

Thank you!

Didn't they already make AP go away when you start a boss fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Didn't they already make AP go away when you start a boss fight?
    They did. AP resets to 20 at the start of the fight. No sense in shifting back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    They did. AP resets to 20 at the start of the fight. No sense in shifting back and forth.
    You can still precast 1 or (with good planning) 2 Starsurges.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can still precast 1 or (with good planning) 2 Starsurges.
    It's a gimmick at best, right? Spec should be viable w/o spending 2 minutes shifting forms and risking loosing even that small advantage bc of ninjapulling, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    It's a gimmick at best, right? Spec should be viable w/o spending 2 minutes shifting forms and risking loosing even that small advantage bc of ninjapulling, for example.
    It should definitely be removed, there's no doubt about that. My comment is more like "it can still be gamed for a decent benefit".

Does that even still work? Last i tried AP just kept draining despite constant shifting.

Deleted
    Yeah, still works. AsP stops draining for around 5 seconds after you shift INTO bear, that's the action that pauses the drain.

The Solution of dropping AP at Fight start is a really clunky "fix" to the problem. I mean I miss our Front end Burst a lot, but shifting around for 2 Minutes to gain more AP ... it is just tedious we do it because we know it works and we get more AP from it. But still it is shitty Design if something like that is intended.
    I wonder how Moonkin would look like if we would start with 100AP or 50AP from the get go.

I think it's just a quick-fix while they work on getting Bear to stop arresting AP loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why we can't start with full ap the same way feral starts on full energy. Starting the fight with new moon half moon full moon to get things going sucks. Starting it with full ap would mean we would use moons as intended to top up a dwindling resource, not spam all three to start a resource that's completely empty. I
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I don't see why we can't start with full ap the same way feral starts on full energy. Starting the fight with new moon half moon full moon to get things going sucks. Starting it with full ap would mean we would use moons as intended to top up a dwindling resource, not spam all three to start a resource that's completely empty. I
    That is not a good comparison. Combo Points is closer to AsP than it is to energy, which is more or less Kitty mana. Both have to be built from builders and both have spenders that do damage. It does sucks thou having to use builders on a start of a fight because of all those yummy procs start going off asap.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think it's just a quick-fix while they work on getting Bear to stop arresting AP loss.
    It's not a quick fix, it was a blanket change to all specs who have to use builders to get secondary resources. Monks had this effect since MoP with their Tiger Eye brew charges dropping on boss encounter start.

A fix would probably clash with the Bear form passive of generating 20 rage. My thinking is that it induces pseudo-combat for the rage to generate and that's what allows the maintenance of AsP.