10+ Year Old Account

Starfall Prophecy: Eternal Items, new powers and more

An interesting post appeared from Lead Designer Andy 'Vladd' Kirton about some of the changes coming in SP about how our gear will be upgraded using item drops acquired from questing, IA's and other Rift activities:

An example would be:

Active Upgrades:

If you boil down upgrades to their core concept, Item Upgrades are quests to make your gear more powerful. In order to upgrade your gear to its maximum potential, you’ll need to procure the required ingredients one way or another. Our goal with Active Upgrades is to embrace that they are quests, while providing exciting thematic experiences and flavor. As an example, and this is by no means going to be an item, if we wanted you to upgrade your mace from Tenebrian Maul to say, “Drathgar, Maul of Undead Slaying” you would need to kill a certain amount of undead with it along with meeting other requirements
    Sounds a bit like the Legendary system Lord of the Rings Online had, guess we'll have to adopt a wait and see attitude.

Full article: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5239936

Some interesting bits of info there. Still incredibly weary of Trion and what their final product will actually be like. The legendary abilities sound more like they're going to just change what your sub souls will be and not actually encourage true hybrid builds. Of course can't say I'm really surprised, masteries were marketed in the same way but never really fleshed out.

Having to both complete a grind quest and gather upgrade materials? No thanks. I'm at a complete loss to describe just how bad this system sounds. I'm going to leave it in the capable hands of Peter Griffin instead;

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Having to both complete a grind quest and gather upgrade materials? No thanks. I'm at a complete loss to describe just how bad this system sounds. I'm going to leave it in the capable hands of Peter Griffin instead;

Don't worry, they'll probably put it all on the cash shop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Don't worry, they'll probably put it all on the cash shop anyway.
    £100 to get the best armor straight away. Actually to lenient my bad. £250.