Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    This is for travel only, not for actual in combat situations. Meaning we still need to have forms bound, and the bug still affects us. Not to mention being slowed or any pvp content at all.
    I disagree, these macros are specifically made for both travel *and* combat (indoors and outdoors). If you use the extended (1023 chars) macro you even get affinity forms. The basic macro is mostly limited by Blizzard's maximum macro length of 255 chars, but still usable in combat. And if you remove the mount part you get plenty of space to improve on the listed limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I disagree, these macros are specifically made for both travel *and* combat (indoors and outdoors). If you use the extended (1023 chars) macro you even get affinity forms. The basic macro is mostly limited by Blizzard's maximum macro length of 255 chars, but still usable in combat. And if you remove the mount part you get plenty of space to improve on the listed limitations.
    I don't see anywhere in the macro that helps you swap to bear form to reduce incoming damage for example. Or to powershift from cat to travel and back to break roots. Yes, you have one macro to give the most probable form, but it doesn't cover every scenario, especially in pvp.

Then look again, or maybe try it even. The basic macro specifically switches between Bear and Cat indoors for Feral and Resto. For Balance it switches between Moonkin and Cat indoors and for Guardian between Bear and Cat indoors. Outdoors it switches to Travel form and cannot differentiate combat from non-combat because of Blizzard's size restrictions. Restoration even has Bear form chosen as its default form for better protection.

The extended macro does differentiate between combat and non-combat and switches accordingly, depending on your chosen tier 3 talent affinity. Where Travel form is prefered for speed, it can easily be modified to use Bear instead. In one post of that thread I even asked for feedback wether Bear form would be preferable for better security, but got no answers.

In the end I posted the one I am using and you can easily modify it and discuss feedback and opinions. But saying that it doesn't handle combat situations at all is plain wrong to the point of ignoring the extra work I specifically put into this. This is the macro I am currently using for leveling as Balance with restoration affinity.

But yeah, it's PVE focused, which makes sense (and can easily be modified).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-30 at 09:30 PM.

sorry, still not covering the bases, and having the forms bound separately is far better. It has no way to tell if I want travel or bear in combat and solely bases it on indoors/outdoors.

I will amend it to "it doesn't handle combat situations that a person can." Sorry it just doesn't cut it for everyone. I'm not trying to be rude, I am simply stating that it is a bit presumptuous to assume there are no problems if you use the macro.

Except that the extended macro includes a specific [mod] section to force Travel form instead of Bear form in combat. So both cases are included. Next step will be to prefer combat form when an enemy is targeted already, not just in combat.

But of course it's a "dumb" macro that cannot replace educated decisions and manual button smashing. Pretty close to it for a macro, though. And the whole discussion would be better placed in the corresponding macro thread.

Yes, that it would. It was besides the point anyways, which still stands.

The point is that this is a Blizzard bug. You can workaround this by switching specs back and forth, this will return Moonkin form to F4. Using a macro can work around this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I bought the items in Moonglade, that let me shift into Tree-form..

Now, it have installed itself on Ctrl-F4, where my Moonkin-form used to be. Moonkin is now Ctrl-F5, which is signifigantly harder to reach.
    Is there a way to unlearn the Tree-form, so I can get my Moonkin back where it belongs?
    srsly?

1. /bt
    2. click big red button "keybind..."
    3. mouseover moonkin form on stance bar
    4. ESC (clearbind)
    5. Ctrl+F4 (new bind)
    6. mouseover treant form on stance bar
    7. ESC
    8. Ctrl+whatever
    9. profit

Changing keybinds for the stance bar doesn't work because of a Blizzard bug. If Bartender binds the key directly to the form then it should work, though.

The bug is that every time you login in Balance spec Treant form and Moonkin form switch places. Once you switch specs they switch places *back*. This means that keybinds *also* switch places!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-31 at 08:46 AM.

I dont know about "respec bug" but he doesnt specified "respec" problem, just keybinds. I use Bartender4 and yesterday keybinded it easily.
    If there is problem with respecing then "ESC whole stance bar" and use some free action bar for forms and bind them there.

The bug affects the keybinds. When you login as Balance then Moonkin form is bound to F5 and Treant to F4. Once you change spec back and forth both the stance bar *and* the keybinds switch places, Moonkin form reverts back to F4 where it belongs and Treant shifts to F5. If Bartender binds the key directly to the form instead of the stance bar slot then it should work.