Need some advice for my destruction warlock aoe'ing.

I'm having issues with aoe fights like xhul, since adds dies way too fast, what should do i do? Spec shadowburn + wrecking havoc on boss and spam it on imps?

Destruction warlock doesnt have ANY burst aoe dmg without sacrificing too much single target dmg its frustrating as fuck...

Deleted
    Wreck havoc, shadowburn and sac grimoire are no brainer in this fight imo. Rain of fire is not worth it since its fixed location and dmg over time. The only thing you could experiment is with the second row of talents. You could try mana tap since it enhances the shadowburn cleave at the cost of more lifetaps but dunno if the tradeoff is worth it or cata for burst aoeing the adds.

Also on another note, you dont have to havoc the boss. Remember that you get shards also from the havoced target if he dies. You could abuse this to get double the shards since havoc has no cd and you can reapply it (thought there is a point that you ll gain more shards than you can spend)
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-08-26 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Wreck havoc, shadowburn and sac grimoire are no brainer in this fight imo. Rain of fire is not worth it since its fixed location and dmg over time. The only thing you could experiment is with the second row of talents. You could try mana tap since it enhances the shadowburn cleave at the cost of more lifetaps but dunno if the tradeoff is worth it or cata for burst aoeing the adds.

Also on another note, you dont have to havoc the boss. Remember that you get shards also from the havoced target if he dies. You could abuse this to get double the shards since havoc has no cd and you can reapply it (thought there is a point that you ll gain more shards than you can spend)
    most adds needs to be bursted down fast and die fast as fuck, wasting a gcd to havoc two imps would be dps loss i guess

I've tested a few variations of talents on this fight and the best dps I've managed to achieve is by doing Roaring Blaze + Sacrifice + Wreak Havoc (or more specifically 2111x31). Keep havoc on Xhul the whole time and damage the two big adds. Make sure to not clip the buffed Immolate on the boss at any point - just cast Incinerate/CB until it runs out. This was pre-Roaring Blaze nerf however. Depending on how quickly the adds are killed by your raid group, you could spec into F&B in order to help with imps/other adds because the Incinerations still count as single target damage I believe, so they will all go into the Havoc on the boss.

I think the guides should explain talent choices for each situation. For example, here's your ad managenent build, your aoe build, single target build etc. Because medicore players like me need to learn that it's our responsibility to constantly respec.

If the adds are dying too quick you do not need to aoe them. Leave it to the classes that can do it properly, while you concentrate on your strengths.