Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo...

...but my family is very conservative, and I'm afraid of not getting jobs and stuff like that. So I'd love to hear an opinion of you about this kind of stuff. Should I make it? Did you pass through the same situation when you made your first tattoo?

Btw, the tattoo that I want to make is this one.

I was thinking about getting it in my neck, just like the original character.

But in the back looks cool too.

I'd gladly hear your opinion on this topic.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get one on your face

I would just keep thinking about it.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

If you're worried about not getting a job because of a tattoo, then make sure you get it where you can cover it up.

And keep in mind, this is forever. Unless you pay for the laser removal.

And word of advice, no barbwire, Chinese characters, tribal bands, and as much as arm sleeves seem to be in style, in another 5 years they will be out of style.

it'd be kinda cool to get demon hunter tattoos, tbh.

if you get it though, make it something meaningful to you. not some stupid tribal shit, not some moronic cliche. something meaningful and discreet.

10+ Year Old Account
    something that small and simple, even on your neck wouldnt stand out much.

that being said, a good rule of thumb with tatts is if you are worried about it, dont do it. they dont come off easily.

I would advice against getting it on your neck unless you can cover it up during work because that could be a factor when it comes to being turned down at job interviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my first (and most likely only) tattoo here a few months ago. I went for a small bow on my wrist, as its something I can cover up pretty easily if I want to. A tattoo on your neck might be a little bit harder to cover up, unless you wear scarves a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if you get it though, make it something meaningful to you. not some stupid tribal shit, not some moronic cliche. something meaningful and discreet.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher
    And word of advice, no barbwire, Chinese characters, tribal bands, and as much as arm sleeves seem to be in style, in another 5 years they will be out of style.
    I've been in love with Berserk for many years, and I don't see this love fading away soon. I'm very confident about what I want to tattoo - I'm just insecure about the consequences of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    Get one on your face
    NO

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, i got my tattoo while i was serving. So i told them to make it so that if i wear a shirt no one could see it. Great work on my back.

But times changed a lot within 10 years, the next ones will be visible when i´m wearing only a shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    I've been in love with Berserk for many years, and I don't see this love fading away soon. I'm very confident about what I want to tattoo - I'm just insecure about the consequences of it.

NO
    YES
    /10chars

my advice: stop asking for opinions on how you live your life.
    Asking this to random ppl in random places, lives, and social class is pointless. Rarely someone match your situation and even if happens, maybe that person isnt the example to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post

NO
    The Berserk Tattoo is cool but 90% of the ppl that see it will think you are a KKK member or something like that .

If you want the tattoo, then you should totally get the tattoo.

NO RAGRETS

Where you put the tatoo can potentially say a lot to prospective employers, so I tend to agree with what a couple folks here said, just make sure you can cover it up when you are in a professional environment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    YES
    /10chars
    Me in 3 years

Honestly I say this being a very heavily tattooed male. DON'T...or at least not yet.

Here is my honest answer to this:.

Hand draw it on your arm for a few months. Nothing big, and doesn't even need to be on your forearm. Look at it every day, and after a month or two and you still want it then well go ahead and do it. You would be amazed how many people regret getting their first one. I know I regretted mine and eventually got it covered up.

Placement: DON'T. Most high end tattoo shops most likely wont allow you to get it on your neck as your first tattoo. The neck still has a pretty high stigma to it. While overall tattoos are becoming the norm and more and more acceptable, the neck is still a bit off limits for employers.

research: IFFF you do get it OP, while it is a pretty simple design DUE RESEARCH. it is amazing how many bad tattooers are out there and they can't pull a straight line. Look for someone who does a ton of line work. Don't go cheap! You get what you pay for. Honestly around my area that tattoo would be probably the minium shop price at around 80 bucks. YES 80 is high but these are top end award winning tattooers.
    Last edited by opeth150; 2016-08-26 at 12:32 PM.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

Get a Temp tattoo, you can change them out, they look real, and they're not permanent. Win/win/win

Deleted
    I'd advise against any permanent tattoo. I believe many regret it after 10 years or so, and some of them so much that are willing to pay for a laser removal, even if it does not completely undo it.

Go for nothing (better, IMO), or some non-permanent one. I think these can be "refreshed" periodically (once a year?) so that they do not vanish while you still want them. I am definitely not an expert on this, though, so make sure you get informed first.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Get a Temp tattoo, you can change them out, they look real, and they're not permanent. Win/win/win
    That's always the part that amazes me about folks getting tattoos. Seems like there are very few people out there who like something to be the way it is month after month, not to mention year after year. When I think of it, I just figure I would get tired of looking at the same tattoo after 5-10 years if not sooner.